Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
They were black so all the white people got extra scared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Apparently they still lynch black people (or niggers as they call them there) in Seattle.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Jim Webb is a moderate republican who believes he is a blue dog

I remember finding him really compelling in 2008 when he was talking about prison/sentencing reform. Shame that he doesn't seem to care about that stuff much anymore.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
The anime forums will miss you and respect your hard stand against donald trump

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Has anyone told Trump about moats and if so what were his opinions on them??/?

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Smoothrich posted:

My man Biden has just played his masterstroke hand.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/22/politics/joe-biden-washington-meetings/index.html

Here's a blurb from the AP.

Biden is gonna run away with 2016 like the champ he was born 2 be if he manages to smooth talk the super popular, progressive-left wing female Senator Elizabeth Warren into being his VP candidate. Biden-Warren 2016 would make any other Democrat option seem inferior and even pointless. He'd steal all of Bernie and Hillary's momentum with the split wings of the Democrat party with two much more viable candidates set up to succeed each other in orderly fashion. Warren would suddenly have a very realistic chance to become the first woman president in 2020 or 2024 and receive all the timeless glory of that accomplishment. I bet Hillary Clinton just started water boarding some Biden-friendly staffers in a rage somewhere imagining this scenario. A brutal Elizabeth Warren Vs Hillary Clinton Democrat primary scenario in 2020 or 2024 is already making me laugh. Hillary will probably go rogue like some Call of Duty villain and try to nuke America to rule its ashes by the end of it.

When was the last time someone ran for a party nomination after announcing their VP?

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Hillary has the largest ground game currently right? Does anyone else come close to it?

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
How many weeks has trump led the polls by now?

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
What is the likelihood that Trump will be the vice presidential nominee. Obviously he has some bad blood with all the other candidates, but can whoever wins the nomination really afford not to have Trump on the ticket?

Can I dream of Trump in the vice presidential nominee debate?

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
The American passenger train industry needs a revival and Trump is the only candidate working towards one.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Basically if you make illegals pay a yearly fee to stay here or face a 2% chance of being murdered then our budget will be balanced and America will be great again.

Don't worry I've sent the idea to Mr. Trump and he knows a good idea when he sees it.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
They always say that freedom is paid by blood. Who would have thought it would be illegals paying (finally) this time.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
You know making the Wall will require a lot of labor. Maybe around the figure of 11 million. I think these illegals owe America a little something before they're thrown out.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Imagine you win the super bowl and then receive a call from Jeb Bush. Would instantly deflate the room. Same goes for Hilary.

I think if we judge our candidates by this metric we arrive at a singular stunning option.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Jeb would be doing better in the polls if he campaigned entirely in Spanish.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Neurolimal posted:

A draft and fragments were leaked. Nothing about it released so far has been anything approaching good.

From what I read there was work to get worker safety standards up to a higher level in the poorer countries so that there wouldn't be an economical advantage of putting your workers in danger just to make a product more cheaply.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Shageletic posted:

Oh yeah when Trump was referring to the initiative during President Eisenhower's administration to deport illegal immigrants, he's actually referring to this

Yeah

The term wetback in the 50's was one of warmth and love.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Joementum posted:

Trump's polling has always been correlated to his media attention.

Isn't that true for every single politician ever tho.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Lemming posted:

I dunno that Clinton is going to have the same Wall St support like she used to. Wall St used to donate to both Republicans and Democrats (I think they would often skew more Democrat) but after 2008 that changed radically and it's majority Republicans now (you can see some numbers here http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2014/apr/16/jim-demint/not-many-times-more-democrats-sometimes-do-raise-m/)

I don't think Clinton is uniquely going to turn that completely around.

Wall St is going to back the gently caress out of here as compared to whatever wacky republican gets the nomination.

Third World Reggin posted:

I mean I could promise to make your penis bigger but unless I got those powers you could probably just call it pandering instead of a position that I have power over.

Congress has power over taxes.

The president can only recommend fiscal policies.

Also this has got me thinking. Will a Trump white house even be able to rely on a bunch of republican senators/representatives. Seems there is going to be a lot of bad blood between Trump and the more moderate republican members of congress.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

LowellDND posted:

Slavery needed a new skin of paint.

That's kind of hosed up that you're implying that all slaves were criminals.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Devor posted:

The pattern on this wall is reflective of a Mechanically Stabilized Earth, or "MSE" wall, not the type of wall that would be used to create a free-standing wall at a border.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanically_stabilized_earth

Now I'm afraid that Dees may not have the best grip on reality :(

are there any serious designs for The Wall yet???

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Has there been anyone out there making the argument that it's actually racist for white people to vote?

Very surprised that I haven't had anyone link me an article from salon saying something like that.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Louisgod posted:

I know but it bugs you, doesn't it? Like, it makes you mad? You seem mad.

The steakman never forgets a slight.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Bucswabe posted:

I just finished reading Double Down, and it reminded me that just a couple weeks before the 2012 election, Trump hyped up a major "announcement". It ended up just being him offering to pay a charity $5 million if Obama released his college transcripts.

So yeah, this could be pretty much anything.

That got a lot of coverage iirc.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

i dont get it

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

i dont get it

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

NutritiousSnack posted:

It's funny people can't admit the billionaire clowning everyone including political hotshot Clinton isn't dumb, because that would mean admitting a lovely person had a positive quality unrelated to morality or personality.

He's actually really dumb because he didn't invest his inheritance into the stock market and make 100 billion like any smart liberal would have.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
In Chinese culture the highest virtue is being cunning.

Truly Trump.is the only candidate with the right set of character traits to be able to sit down with them and draft deals that will make America great again

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Trump is more to the left on cleaning up Wall Street than the eventual democrat nominee will be.

(I'm taking it that only things on the left are considered good here)

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

blue squares posted:

You have zero evidence for this

If you can't judge candidates on what they say and who is funding them then ??????

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Venom Snake posted:

"I'm going to cut rich peoples taxes more than they ever have before" is not "Tough on Wallstreet"

Wall street doesn't really just mean any rich person but I guess if you filter everything in your life through the prism of class that would make sense

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

blue squares posted:

What has Trump said about regulating wall street?

He's talked about it more than Hillary lol

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Prosecuting individuals when they break the law.
Holding executives accountable when they are responsible for their subordinates’ misconduct.
Holding corporations accountable when they break the law.

wow

Guess that'll undo the nearly decade long history of donations she's personally received from wall street. Not including of course donations to the clinton foundation or speaking fees for bill.

Boy do I feel embarrassed.

Also Trump is web 2.0 so you gotta read his twitter feed to get informed on his policies.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

blue squares posted:

Also this, idiot:
Hillary’s plan will tackle dangerous risks in the financial system:

Impose a risk fee on the largest financial institutions. Banks and financial companies would be required to pay a fee based on their size and their risk of contributing to another financial crisis.

Close the Volcker Rule’s hedge fund loophole. The Volcker Rule prohibits banks from making risky trading bets with taxpayer-backed money—one of the core protections of the post-financial crisis Wall Street reforms. However, under current law these banks can still invest billions through hedge funds, which are exempt from this rule. Hillary would close that loophole and strengthen the law.

Discourage excessive risk-taking by making senior bankers accountable. Senior managers should lose some or all of their bonus compensation when a large bank suffers losses that threaten its overall financial health.

Make sure no firm is ever too big and too risky to be managed effectively. Hillary’s plan would give regulators more authority to force overly complex or risky firms to reorganize, downsize, or break apart.

Tackle financial dangers of the “shadow banking” system. Hillary’s plan will enhance transparency and reduce volatility in the “shadow banking system,” which includes certain activities of hedge funds, investment banks, and other non-bank financial companies.

Impose a tax on high-frequency trading. The growth of high-frequency trading has unnecessarily placed stress on our markets, created instability, and enabled unfair and abusive trading strategies. Hillary would impose a tax on harmful high-frequency trading and reform rules to make our stock markets fairer, more open, and transparent.

It's weird when democrats who get high amounts of donations from wall street will still say things like how they'll regulate it when they become president but then don't. Maybe it'll take a candidate who was previously a senator from New York who had weirdly enough never fought to regulate wall street as well as depending on their donations to win her seat. Hmmm. Good thing I'm not as dumb as those white trash trump supporters so this time will obviously be different. It's 2016 after.all.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Venom Snake posted:

Which is why Hillary has the highest favorabilities with African Americans than any other candidate?

It's kind of racist to think that all blacks will only vote one way.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
What the gently caress does Trump even get out of a primary debate now? Usually it's done for press, but Trump is getting more press than probably all the other candidates combined at this point.

He'll be talked about less if he actually attends the debate. Honestly I'm surprised the third tier candidates aren't asking Trump if they can attend his thing so they might have a shot of a job in the Trump white house.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Darth Windu posted:

Okay I caught up and I just would like to tell everyone that this is really obviously a dumb and bad move, which we just saw David Vitter do, which was that he skipped every debate. Though that was worse than what Trump is doing, it's still a bad idea to skip a debate it makes you look scared. Like what do you have to hide man?? Anyway I would like to use this time to remind everyone that David Vitter lost and is no longer a politician.

He won the last 6 debates but I guess he must have gotten really scared about this one. If only he had listened to my advice about how to campaign as well as how to invest money he'd be a billionaire who is also first in all the polls.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Watch out Hillary will upload some more instagram photos and win back the youth vote after they stop giving a poo poo when bernie gets smashed by party politics.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Venom Snake posted:

I don't think a lot of minorities of any type will be voting for the man who is being called the modern hitler by a not insignificant amount of people.

When can we come together and say that to be honest Hitler really isn't as bad as Trump?

Especially when you consider that Hitler mostly only killed white people. This is versus Trump who will kill all the muslims and mexicans. Honestly this hitler = the worst poo poo is just white privilege.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It is when you're targeting an ethnicity.

race is a social construct my friend

• Locked thread