Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

The increased number of dudes wearing tanktops might be the worst fashion trend of this decade, and believe me there is some stiff loving competition in that category. They look terrible on just about anyone who tries to wear them, outside of like pro athletes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
How much of these political conventions is typically televised (or better yet, streamed)?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

I don't know what it is but every time I look at him, his mouth looks like it's just a little too wide. Like someone was trying to go Heath Ledger Joker on him but only got a second or two in. It's really bad on his Twitter picture.

Out of everything I've seen while lurking this thread, this is what's bugged me the most.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
What noteworthy stuff did I miss in the last two-ish hours?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
What page of the thread is reactions to Sen. Steve King saying that white people had made the biggest contribution to civilization, because I just saw that clip and that is a funny (and sad) thing to say.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Quoting this because is it just me, or are embedded gifs/videos in tweets not loading for anyone else?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
So I've been out for a few hours, did the FEC report actually drop today like people were predicting?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
About what time do we think Trump will be speaking?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Harlock posted:

Probably 10-11 EST so all the major nets can carry it

Thanks

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yeah if you're name-dropping the Packers at your convention then congrats on getting me to dislike you

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I can understand how an NFL vet would be scared and confused by Browns making progress.

harsh

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This song is going to be our new national anthem if Trump wins FYI

What are y'all using to watch this? I have CSPAN's site up but the video portion is mad choppy, but that might be because I'm jumping between tabs

E: Oh wait it's better

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I obviously opened this beer way too early

Guess I need to move on to liquor OH WELL

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Surprised that Trump doesn't make his kids call him "Mr. Trump"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Oh wow maternity leave, what a revolutionary concept

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Was he going for a butt squeeze there?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Love the "TRUMP" in giant letters. That's not normal convention stage design when the candidate speaks, is it?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Yeah no poo poo, a lot can change in eight years dawg

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Ad-libbed "terrorism", take a drink

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
"I am a political outsider"
"Nobody knows the system better than me"

uh

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Millions of Democrats will join us because I hired one of the most under-fire Republican governors working today

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Anyone else have the script open and playing the "drink on ad-lib" game?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Trump praising NATO? :psyduck:

wait no

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
"Anyone who endorses violence, hatred or oppression is not welcome in our country and never will be."

Cool c ya later

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Donald didn't you make an entire rally raise their arms in salute to you?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Come on you can't kiss your wife on the lips after that?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My wife and her entire family are from overseas, I'm not sure how I'll be able to look them in the eye if this man is the next president.

Joementum posted:

Not in the speech: "I accept your nomination..." which is the one thing you're supposed to say.

I thought it was at the very beginning

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I'm surprised that a Flint native thinks that Michigan will go red in 2016, after what Gov. Snyder has done to the state and especially to Moore's hometown. The only way I see it happening is if Snyder if forced out of office by then (a recall against him was recently approved) and the state's hunger for Republican blood is sated. But stranger things have happened in this election cycle and what the gently caress do I know

Al! posted:

Yeah that fat piece of poo poo has been crying ever since bush left office and his product lost all value. Wishful thinking

Also this.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 23, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

The Snyder recall failed due to the unions refusing to get on board. Talked to the MEA rep for my area a few weeks ago and she said Snyder is the lesser of two evils, because if he goes Calley will take his place and he's tea party.

Oh drat you're right. I saw someone post an article about it but the date was early February and I have no idea why they put it up just now. My bad.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The funniest thing about this whole race that doesn't get talked about enough is that, while Hillary has probably had this election circled on her calendar since dropping out in '08, Trump's campaign has been labeled as the following at different points in the last year-

A Clinton plant job
A Russian plant job
Retaliation because some journalists and politicians dunked on him once
A bet with his main opponent's husband
A brand/name recognition expansion that's spiraled out of control

Did I miss any?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

FAUXTON posted:

A commercial for The Apprentice.

Valid, but I filed that under "name/brand recognition". That does bring up something I hadn't thought about before though- if Trump does become president, what level of control would he have to give up in regards to his various businesses?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Boosted_C5 posted:

The Jags play in a stadium built to host the Florida-Georgia game.

They wouldn't need tarps if they had a stadium the size of the Colt's stadium.

I always laugh at the lazy national sports writer hacks who bring up Jacksonville every time they talked about teams potentially moving to LA.

It's a city of 1,000,000+ that is growing and located right in the heart of football country.

That town is nuts for the Jags. Gator football and Jaguar football are like 95% of all sports discussion all year long. Florida State not so much, but we're talking crappy ACC fans. A gal I dated in the 90s father sold sports memorabilia for a living. Gators sell win or lose, FSU only sells when they win.

The Jags are safe from LA relocation for now, since the Rams took that bullet earlier this year :eng101: Also they're owned by a native of Pakistan.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Drunkboxer posted:

He'll be the petulant child he always is and scream about how it was rigged

Am I crazy to think that, if he loses this year, Trump would attempt another run against Hillary in 2020 (whether it be by conning the Republican party again or the independent campaign he was threatening several months ago)?

Unless this really was just a brand-building exercise I can't see him letting a loss go unavenged or whatever.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 29, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Do you think Trump and Pence talk to each other if they aren't doing a public appearance together?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The nuke thing makes the tiniest bit of sense if you think about how business suits ask questions like "if we're spending all this money on _______, then why aren't we using it?" Which is a fine question to ask about that new printer or the document retention system you spent a year implementing, but not a nuclear warhead.

It's a scary thing for him to even suggest but it also speaks to the "I'd run this country like a business" theme that sometimes comes up.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 3, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

This reads like a cry for help more than anything TBH

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Quoting for those who haven't seen it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Pinterest Mom posted:

there's got to be a solid 10-20% chance that Trump and Pence won't make a single joint appearance for the rest of the campaign

There's a solid 10-20% chance Trump couldn't pick Pence out of a police lineup for all we know.

Also the This is Fine dog kickstarter already hit its goal :lol:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Way late (gently caress this thread moves fast), but what are the odds that the GOPe asked Fox to fudge these numbers to make Trump look even worse and give fuel to the camp that wants to dump him?

E: I mean they probably still have a Hillary lead but maybe it's like 9.2% in truth but "double-digit Hillary lead" looks way worse even if it's < 1% off the actual number.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 4, 2016

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

If you just told me this without numbers or a graphic I'd say "yeah, I'll buy that", but seeing it quantified like this it takes me a moment to wrap my head around it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

This thread was amazing at the time but God I wish it was going on now

E: Oh hey it's in the Goldmine.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 5, 2016

• Locked thread