Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Nereid posted:

Except for the fact that he was born in Canada so he cannot be president. Period. You'd think he'd see the writing on the wall.

It's always surreal to see someone try to post something definitive when it is definitively wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Joementum posted:

Ron Paul consistently got 15-20% and Rand is a better candidate than him. He has a unique base and brand that the others won't be able to tap. Rand needs to hope that the early primary field stays divided so that he can get 1st-3rd place in those contests and hope that the others in the field bleed each other dry.

Not that he can actually win the nomination. But that's never been his top priority in the race.

Wait, really? I thought Rand's gameplan was always the 2016 nomination.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

axeil posted:

Perry can't because there's a significant chance he's in jail in 2016.

Significant is not the word I'd use for 0.000001% but hey

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

Well, they probably *thought* of it back in the day, they just didn't think anyone was dumb enough to take it seriously

St. Augustine did! In fact, he explicitly said that anyone dumb enough to take it seriously was an idiot. (Well, in ancient Latin prose at least.)

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ted Cruz is wonderful :allears:

Here's him getting Santorum to sign something for him in Iowa. Santorum didn't realise it was Cruz~

Unironically humorous.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Joementum posted:

To be clear, my opinion of Walker's chances is confined to the primary, which I believe he has a chance (though certainly no guarantee) of winning, as does Jeb and a few of the other contenders.

Ted Cruz does not. He thinks he does, but he is incorrect. I am totally certain that I'll be proven correct on this point.

Are you willing to :toxx:?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Nietzschean posted:

In general the outgoing President is an immense asset in campaigning for the next few years. Remember this amazing time not long ago?

Just think: if Hillary wins, that could be Obama coming out to upstage her at a speech. :allears:

This is easily one of my favorite pictures, but I've always wondered what the context of it was.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

RevKrule posted:

The GOP has canceled the Iowa straw poll.

3 posts above you :v:

This is depressing. One less horse race :smith:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Evil Sagan posted:

You get fooled into thinking that he's a presidential contender just because he's a Bush, and then it turns out Jeb is just another Michelle Bachmann or Herman Cain.

Bernie Sanders is gonna run circles around him when the general election starts to heat up.

:allears: This is going to be my favorite post in a year.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Mother of God..

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

TEAYCHES posted:

How could you be so loving idiotic that you think literally voting for the Iraq War in 2003 makes you not culpable for the Iraq War.

If Hillary voted against it, against the evidence that she was provided by a corrupt administration, would the war still have happened? (I'd give you a hint, but a homophobe like yourself doesn't quite warrant it.)

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

TEAYCHES posted:

If Hillary Clinton voted against the Iraq War she would have a much better foreign policy record, in the sense that she wouldn't be directly responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people and the displacement of millions.

Oh god someone made a point, I better completely loving avoid it.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

bpower posted:

trouser/shoe combo is bad.

God I care SO MUCH about the fashion of a random campaign worker!!!

What's the official count of candidates for the GOP right now?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

KillHour posted:

My friend came over this weekend and we watched some John Oliver. When this piece came up, he said "Now that's a man that knows how to get poo poo done. I'd vote for him."

At which point (since he had never heard of Bernie Sanders before), I told him he was running for president. He actually said he was going to register to vote for him. If Bernie gets elected, it will be John Oliver's fault.

I'm okay with that. :bernget:

Yeah, I bet if your friend is gonna vote for Bernie Sanders, that means he'll definitely win. No question.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

The X-man cometh posted:

What's really sad is that using the metric system, he's at -17.8

:golfclap:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

AdmiralViscen posted:

Shouldn't this thread be 10 pages longer just for all the apologies to Joementum for riding his rear end the last 6 months? There must be dozens of people who are due to eat crow for their preemptive gloating.

I was halfway through quoting all the posts in just the last week describing how terrible Joementum and Nate Silver were, but then I realized those people would just go back to shitposting about other things so :v:

EDIT: Worst in my mind was just the other day someone posted "Nate Silver is having a breakdown on Twitter". Yikes.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Bernice Anders posted:

That's just normal Trump tweeting. The only one having a meltdown has been you this entire election season. Maybe a break to cool down would serve you well?

This gimmick of yours has gotten old awhile ago. Sorry the forum isn't rallying behind Trump, but you've gotta stop shitposting.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Bernice Anders posted:

He's seriously about twenty steps ahead of everyone else at all times. It's insane.

Like that time he didn't know what Brexit was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Joementum, out of curiousity how much do you think Clinton's not-walking-away-with-this is the candidate, and how much is how partisan the electorate has become?

• Locked thread