Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnTL1L8a6YI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

deadwing posted:

really dig hillary's new aesthetic

should be having Young and In the Way for rallies and not Jay-Z

i think nails' nihilism is more befitting as hilldawg's preferred hm2core band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGGGh03jN4w

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

iospace posted:

Real talk though: The one state I'm worried about now is NC. Rep turnout seems to be higher than 2012 this year, though I haven't seen any solid numbers on final EV turnout.

rep turnout's slightly higher (a fraction of a percent) than dem turnout, but it's eating into their election day total

in 2012 dems had about 42% ev turnout vs reps 40% and romney's narrow (~90k vote) victory came from dems cannibalizing their election day vote

now it's r-47.8 d-47.7, with slightly fewer registered dems and slightly more registered republicans than this day in 2012

provided the clinton campaign actually turns out election day votes and unaffiliateds, the majority of whom are under 50 and live in urban areas, don't for some reason all of a sudden break heavily toward trump, there just aren't enough registered republicans left to carry election day to the same extent they did in 2012

also keep in mind about 45.2% of all registered voters have already voted. a high turnout election in nc sees total turnout in the mid-60s, so we're looking at roughly 2/3 of the state having already voted

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah I honestly don't even care about the possibility of him getting 200 EVs, if she gets FL this poo poo gets officially called by like 8:30 or 9 PM Eastern and we all get the official celebration started 3 hours early

florida's not getting called until late wednesday at the earliest because people will still be in line to vote when the election's called at 11

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Karl Sharks posted:

AS A NORTH CAROLINIAN, i still feel in my gut it'll go blue

maybe it's wishful thinking, but i've always thought it will

pray 4 us, namaste

black turnout's back to where it is normally overall, but heavily increased over the past week

republican turnout's up but it's seriously eating into their election day numbers they rely on to win (156k more republicans voted early this year than in 2012 but there's only 20k more registered republicans compared to 4 years ago)

the big unknowns are unaffiliated voters and clinton's election day gotv operation

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Corny posted:

I cant wait for Rudy Giulianis meltdown live on MSNBC or whatever

i'm not kidding in the slightest when i say i hope this ends in a jonestown scenario

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

freckle posted:

they murdered people before suicide tho

i know

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Ah ok. So it is toss-up territory. I thought the suppression measures had holed Dems in NC.

they certainly haven't helped, and some stuff that's going unreported are the batshit low number of early voting sites in even heavily republican counties and lack of machines out on the floor leading to 4+hr lines

overall i'd guess slight clinton lead, probably somewhere between obama 08 and romney 12, maybe more if non-shook nate's right and dem gotv is on point

other people paid to bullshit about this stuff think nc will mirror her national percentage

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
i can't stress enough how loving horribly the republican majority county boards of elections in nc have handled voting so far; not even the obvious suppression stuff, just basic daily operations

it's florida level screwups across the state and i'm honestly starting to wonder if we're even going to have a result before midnight tuesday

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Karl Sharks posted:

i'm talking about the ones who moved to the research triangle

yeah they just voted for their fellow yankees to resegregate the wake county school system

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Zwabu posted:

I think a good portion of the decrease in African American turnout in NC so far can be attributed to the state SEVERELY cutting back on early voting hours and sites this year in the areas and times where African Americans vote. While that's not good, there's still a fair chance that a good number of those votes will be made on election day anyway, in otherwords, hopefully the NC GOP merely shifted the voting pattern rather than successfully suppressing a big number of votes. Unfortunately we can't know that until Tuesday.

that's definitely part of it but also not having obama at the top of the ticket hurt

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Shifty Pony posted:

I dunno about the gerrymandering case being the best one. Texas straight up used the argument that they weren't disenfranchising people based on race but instead were specifically designing districts to hurt the other party because of course that's just what you do. The problem is that is also unconstitutional, it is just impossible to prove unless the opponent is stupid enough to use it as part of their legal arguments.

also they'd have to overturn shaw and hunt to unfuck racial gerrymandering in nc

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

zen death robot posted:

Kellyanne Conway is the most infuriating person alive

she got kinda pissy with ol spitty earlier because he always talks over guests

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

iospace posted:

48. I didn't know polls closed Monday night.

dixville notch reports at midnight tuesday

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Evil Fluffy posted:

I hold out hope that NC will be hit with preclearance and everything else, in addition to having their district map shot down even if the court doesn't strike Gerrymandering as a whole.

the districts already were thrown out, twice

but not in time for this election

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
14k+1 gold

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
meanwhile the nuge is doing sweet whammy bar tricks at trump's final rally

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012