Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum
Dear god, this is exciting news. Time to think of new and interesting ways to make fun of Mitt on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

MC Nietzche posted:

Is this where someone jumps in and say that GWB wasn't actually stupid, he just played an idiot on TV?

I mean I hate to be put into the position of defending Ted Cruz of all people but you don't graduate cum laude from Princeton and magna cum laude from Harvard Law School with George W. Bush brains. Comparing the two is incredibly dumb.

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

PupsOfWar posted:

intellect is complicated, though. You can have the kind of brains that make you an overachieving law student and champion debater while still being a dumbshit about comprehending the electorate or making policy, just as someone like G.W.B. can be box-of-rocks dumb about a wide array of things but excel in beating his frat buddies at Drunk Trivia

Obviously that's true, and I'm not arguing that. But it's incredibly dumb to underestimate his intellect by saying "lol W went to Harvard too" as if that is in any way relevant. At the end of the day Cruz's ego is far too massive to make a successful run, he needs someone like a Karl Rove putting a precise political strategy in place for him and he needs to follow it, something that he obviously will not do. All I'm saying is that the man is objectively intelligent.

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Nobody would be paying former President Bill Clinton to speak if his wife wasn't the head of one of nine departments required to authorize an international minerals sale.

That's ridiculous and you know it. George W. Bush has made over $15 million in speaking fees since leaving office. Tell me, what government department does Laura Bush control?

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

No Mans Land posted:

Not so much sexism as it is core competency and hiding behind a kind of political affirmative action and then feeling entitled to the highest office. No ones burst that bubble for her yet. The thing about Trump is he can attack people from angles that no one else is able to. Not just frivolous angles either, actual weak spots. Because Trump is anything but a hypocrite. And when someone with no hypocrisy in their character goes for the jugular, it's game over.

He is a hypocrite and a serial liar, and from your comments on the last two pages, you seem to be both sexist and an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

No Mans Land posted:

A Colbert link, well i never

I can give you a Breitbart one if that's more to your liking.

• Locked thread