Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

So apart from the joke, is there any reason why Chelsea Clinton is up there?

Chelsea Clinton, Hedge Fund Manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005
I told my conserva-dad about Webb. I bet the guy that kept getting caught by airport security for trying to take guns on planes will serve him well in his demographic.

Bastaman Vibration fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 20, 2014

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005

SedanChair posted:

No they will. They will :allears:

You all are underestimating the great and terrible Madam Secretary's power to schmooze. Without a powerful primary foe like Obama she will come out undamaged and just work out on Jeb Bush or Rand Paul's lifeless corpse like it was a heavy bag. All will love her.

I'm not trying to shut down a topic worthy of discussion, but keep in mind at this stage of the game in 2006/early 2007 we still knew Barack Obama as "noted DNC keynote speaker." Or maybe if you wanted to get cheeky you could say "noted opponent of Alan Keyes".

No prospective Democratic candidate has an ounce of the charisma of Obama from back then, but we can pray like hell someone's fallen through the cracks and will magically appear. 2016 is a chance not to just keep the presidency but to take back state houses, governor's mansions, and maybe the Senate. My fairly conservative state's going to have an important marijuana legalization ballot too, and as a patient I really want to maximize those chances. As much as much as I wouldn't mind a Hillary presidency just like I don't mind the Obama one, the ability to reliably turn out voters and get others elected on coattails* isn't something I see a candidate as divisive as she doing at all.

*do pantsuits have coattails? I think we're going to need a new phrase if she runs

Bastaman Vibration
Jun 26, 2005

Joementum posted:

I've said a number of times that the VP choice really doesn't matter in a Presidential campaign, but Andre Ventura might just prove that wrong.

I mean, you've got to figure that gives him an advantage.

Not without a natural born American, it won't.

edit: forgot God was American

• Locked thread