Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

SedanChair posted:

Yes, maybe something will convince Ted Cruz not to undertake a doomed, messiah-sociopath crusade.

If it ends with him nailed to a cross and left to die, I don't think we should stop him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

computer parts posted:

It's fairly similar in intensity to 1940s race riots, however.

Though the main difference there is that roving bands of white people started a fair number of those.

As opposed to now when the bands of white people causing riots are dispatched from police control?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Joementum posted:

Jeb is now "actively exploring".

Meanwhile floridaman steals The Onion's headline:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Rodatose posted:

the republican candidate will be decided in the old fashioned way: by rising up the ranks of unsanctioned cockfighting circuits to get a shot at the title

Surely you mean chicken boxing as cockfighting is illegal and inhumane.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Full Battle Rattle posted:

According to Political Legend, LBJ had a rather large D.

Why else would he need all that room in his pants?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3GT9UN7nDo

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Three Olives posted:

Cross posting from marriage equality because Freedom Summit! :parrot:

Yes, offend a bakers deeply held religious beliefs about gays and they may try and murder you and your other party guests. I'm seriously wondering if Ben Carson is suffering form some sort of late onset mental disorder.

Republicanism?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

A quick glance at Wiki informs me that in 2014 two Americans were beheaded by ISIS.

Staggering numbers, I'm terrified by this massive threat to American lives.

There was also that workplace violence incident the other month.
I tried looking up beheading on the CDC's death report, but I'm not sure that's the right place to find that info.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

agent_wildflower posted:

How does one even eat that?

Same way as any other hotdog?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

katlington posted:

Wtf why the king of jordan?

He's such a big fan of Star Trek, maybe this is to get the Star Trek Experience relaunched in Atlantic City.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

VanSandman posted:

I don't think being endorsed by May Day PAC is necessarily a positive, Joe.

Maybe he means in spite of that endorsement.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Joementum posted:

To be somewhat fair to them, that's from the hashtag that developed during his "filibuster" where he talked about the danger of the federal government using drones to spy on your mailbox.

My favorite so far is Millennials for Jeb, whose shop features a "Jeb the Thinker" t-shirt and a Jeb flask.

Developed? I thought they stole it from Wendy. Or was her filibuster after his, it's been so long since.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Internet Webguy posted:

Maybe Perry is secretly a plant.

Some sort of vegetable.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

we used to use ziplock bags rubberbanded around our ankles as a kid.

It's not even a rural poor thing; that's just a great way to keep your feet dry in the snow.

Oh look at Mr Moneybags here with his rubber bands and "Ziplock" brand bags.
I think using left over plastic bags as boot liners is something most poor kids in snowy areas did at one time or another.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

Yeah, well, prove it. *all communications on a homebrew email server which weren't sorted by Clinton's staff have been destroyed*

Why do you keep saying homebrew? There's been no indication that it was anything of the sort or do you just not know that has a different meaning and you're going off that awful AP article?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

OctoberBlues posted:

Can you not embed a video and have it start at a specific time, it just wipes that part off when I go to post - anyway, starts at 1:03...

Use the `start` attribute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQWAsWmBRF4&t=63s

duz
Jul 11, 2005

List of things Rand Paul doesn't understand: Inherent delays in satellite interviews.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Logikv9 posted:

Replace Fort Knox's gold with print toner.

An ink standard to back the dollar, eh?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I'm more surprised that many Louisianans could actually read the poll questions.

Pretty sure it was read to them out loud.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

euphronius posted:

She should probably make sure someone runs to her right so she can define herself.

I don't know, maybe I have that backwards. She has to excite Ds and Is to go out and vote though if she doesn't want to be impeached February 2017.

You think it'll take that long? I can see them trying to drum something up between the election and inauguration.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Frijolero posted:

That's a bummer. Sanders is my first choice, but he continues to align himself with the Democrats.

Maybe because he understands how politics works and wants to actually accomplish things once and awhile?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

What do liberals have against sonic, its actually not that bad

Also whay do conservatives against Jack in the box

There aren't many in the north, that's probably it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Malloreon posted:

As someone who only knows that Polk "was a president," what more do I need to know to get this reference?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTiCU_fqCg

e: crap, too slow

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Zelder posted:

Eh, the republicans are still lovely to black people, I can't imagine they're suddenly going to stop being sorry to the gays.

Given how they've been operating wrt to other things, all they'd have to do is stop saying bad things and people would forget about it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

The Warszawa posted:

Isn't Rand also pro-drone now?

He's always been pro-drone, he's just upset of the shade a certain president has cast upon their current usage.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Has this Clinton Cash scandal affected Hillary at all? It seems like all the stuff that gets thrown at her, people outside of the right wing don't care about. Benghazi, emails etc.

Since it's not a scandal, no, it's not effecting her at all.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

TheDisreputableDog posted:

I realize you guys really want to believe that only Republicans can connect the dots and see that she's a self-serving sycophant, but lots of Ds and Is realize it too.

That's quite a bit different from the revelation that an NGO that does global work receives donations from all over the world.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Ohtsam posted:

HEB while awesome, based a bunch of their store layouts and procedures on wegmans iirc.

Having spent years using both, they are both very nice and very similar.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Three Olives posted:

As far as I can tell the only controversial thing about the Clinton Foundation is it has the name Clinton on it.

It's the 90s all over again, brings back fond memories.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So apparently the buzz around some of my friends who are close to Clinton stuff Texas is that she's seriously courting the possibility of Julian Castro. Are they just talking poo poo because they heard one dude from San Antonio say 'yea Castro's the guy' is there a real chance of that, because I'd be pretty down for Castro as a VP.

They're certainly grooming Julian for something. VP would be a good place to put him.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

When Zucker left NBC after killing a bunch of shows to give Leno more time slots, he was given control of CNN where he said CNN's biggest problem was that they show too much news. They've got a lot of issues going on over there.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Jack of Hearts posted:

I read that before I responded to you. I don't get it, getting into a bar fight wouldn't be a federal offense.

The documentary Con-Air begs to differ.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think the popular consensus is a flashy name like Warren, but I can't imagine the Clinton team picking someone who isn't white, male and boring.

Evan Bayh, COME ON DOWN!

Flashy? Warren?
They way they're grooming the Castro brothers, my money would be on one of them getting the nom, especially since it seems like all the other choices are, as you said, white, male and boring.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Firebert posted:

I'm curious if Julian Castro being tapped for VP would help or hinder his future political ambitions. A Dem president being elected for 16+ years seems hard to imagine and I can't recall anyone using the VP spot to vault into anything other than the presidency. He might be able to challenge Cruz for his seat in 2018.

His twin brother is currently in the House and would be the Castro brother to run for Cruz's seat. Julian is executive, Joaquin is legislative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

The Insect Court posted:

Imperator Fioriosa

Are there any other recent presidential campaigns where the candidate used his first name on campaign materials instead of his last? Because I can't think of one, and "Jeb!" is a lot like "Don't think of a polar bear".

Also, JEB isn't his first name.

• Locked thread