Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

Fried Chicken posted:

And he showed compassion and released a black guy from prison when he was Arkansas governor, and the guy went on to kill someone.

That's always been the real stake in the heart of his campaigns

Didn't he show some vague signs of economic populism too that scared off more establishment figures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!
There's a good chance the state of Michigan will give its electoral votes to the winners of gerrymandered congressional distracts rather than the current winner-takes-all.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

evilweasel posted:

That's not what that story says. It says that he wants to change it in an unspecified way he claims ensures the winner actually gets the majority of the votes, and also notes he tried to do it the district way you describe in 2011 but failed. It also doesn't actually suggest this is likely to go anywhere.

Whoops, my bad, I'll blame it on a series of confusing posts by the DFP and my laziness.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!
Real talk: does Mitt Romney actually stand a chance in the second go? Is there any polling putting him up against Hillary?

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

Alien Arcana posted:

Is Chelsea even old enough for the position?

EDIT: Looked it up. She isn't, but she will be! She was born in 1980 and the cutoff age is 35. (I thought it was higher than that, somehow.)

She would be barely. POTUS needs to be 35.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

ReidRansom posted:

In a few centuries Bush and Clinton will be ceremonial titles bestowed on the candidates. And Paul.

Maybe the tetrarchy wouldn't be such a bad model of government for the USA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

It's good to know Ben Carson is taking his campaign about as seriously as everyone else is.

• Locked thread