Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

zen death robot posted:

Did you buy this yet?
Hey man, I'm waiting for the Steam Christmas Sale, like any responsible gamer. :)

edit: Who knows, there might be a fix for the mouse acceleration by then.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Great Joe posted:

Hey man, I'm waiting for the Steam Christmas Sale, like any responsible gamer. :)

edit: Who knows, there might be a fix for the mouse acceleration by then.

I was thinking the same initially but the game is so drat good and I'm not gonna buy another game until GTAV releases on PC so whatevs

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i have installed the game. its elephant time

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

A Spider Covets posted:

i have installed the game. its elephant time

Sweet if you have it on PC we can Co op

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Widestancer posted:

Sweet if you have it on PC we can Co op

yea what's your steam name? im not online too much but ill give co-op a go once i've gotten the hang of single player mechanics

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

A Spider Covets posted:

yea what's your steam name? im not online too much but ill give co-op a go once i've gotten the hang of single player mechanics

Widestancer and I'm the same on Uplay. It's a lot of fun; we can take outposts and towers and stuff too.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Widestancer posted:

Widestancer and I'm the same on Uplay. It's a lot of fun; we can take outposts and towers and stuff too.

ok sent you an invite, im taxes. trying to work out ubisoft's stupid program atm

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i'm gonna go around and get all the collectibles and poo poo because the game is that much fun to play

i don't know why i like this one so much compared to 3 but i do. less bad story/characters i guess, and the little improvements plus the setting really make it good

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It really is just better in everyway than FC3. I particularly enjoyed the missions more, especially the himalayan missions. Even the drug missions, which were super dumb in FC3 but have been great fun in FC4.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I wanted to see if you could use your wingsuit in the himalayas. Turns out you can but then I cracked my skull on a cliff face.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fart Shite Four.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PantsBandit posted:

I wanted to see if you could use your wingsuit in the himalayas. Turns out you can but then I cracked my skull on a cliff face.

I did this one and fell through the map lol

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Sticky C4 is awesome. Put that poo poo on everything.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cyra posted:

i don't know why i like this one so much compared to 3 but i do. less bad story/characters i guess, and the little improvements plus the setting really make it good
pretty much. you sort of suffered through FC3's story, while 4's is... not genius, but at least kind of entertaining. and 3 had a lot of tedious bullshit mechanics that 4 got rid of, so you're not stopping to craft syringes or figure out which skins are vendor trash or whatever the hell this time.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Widestancer posted:

Sticky C4 is awesome. Put that poo poo on everything.

It's the siracha of explosives.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
ive been playing 3 and enjoying it. i thought i might add this to my steam wishlist for when christmas comes along.

oh look, in the uk its not on steam because ubisoft wants us pc users to buy through uplay for £50.

are they out of their loving french minds? pc games do not cost £50.

gently caress u bi soft

Harthacnut
Jul 29, 2014

Amazon has disk copies of the limited edition with the harpoon gun stuff for £41, or the standard edition download (which I think is just a key you activate on Uplay?) for 40.

But yeah, no Steam version here is bull.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Harthacnut posted:

Amazon has disk copies of the limited edition with the harpoon gun stuff for £41, or the standard edition download (which I think is just a key you activate on Uplay?) for 40.

But yeah, no Steam version here is bull.

even £40 is way too much for a pc game. i expecrt that kind of lovely price gouging from activision's COB series as the fans will pay for it.

always follow the advice of Guynbrunch Throopweed:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VideoGames posted:

ive been playing 3 and enjoying it. i thought i might add this to my steam wishlist for when christmas comes along.

oh look, in the uk its not on steam because ubisoft wants us pc users to buy through uplay for £50.

gently caress u bi soft

The hundreds year war never really stopped lol

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i couldnt get uplay to work last night. it says my internet connection is bad or something but its working just fine. i used a solution that fixed it for widestancer (flushing dns) but unfortunately it didn't work for me, any ideas, fellow gamers?

ive also tried deleting the "host" file per google's recommendations, restarting pc, turning off firewall, and running as administrator

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Running an elephant headfirst into an army cargo truck kills both the driver and the elephant.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Driving the truck to your base also takes away all your grenades and molotovs for some reason.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

VideoGames posted:

gently caress u bi soft

i think u can get it for much much cheaper on G2A.com but I gave up and pirated it for xbox :henget:

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Should I buy this or DA:I?

e: I'm already playing FFXIV so it's not like I'm particularly craving MMO stuff if that's like a factor in people vouching for dragon age

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Heavy Lobster posted:

Should I buy this or DA:I?

e: I'm already playing FFXIV so it's not like I'm particularly craving MMO stuff if that's like a factor in people vouching for dragon age

They're both good as hell but in that case go far cry 4

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm in CTS mumble playing multiplayer if anyone wants in

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Sometimes you just gotta hunt elephant with an LMG.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

C4 hunting is where it's at for deer. You can flush them into the brush and then play duck dynasty all day.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The Robocop gun is very good.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

There is an Arena Master app that's fun and gives you arena ranks in the actual game and a Poker/Blackjack game that gives you money in the actual game. Money's not a problem but the Arena ranks are really nice.

You can also set up challenges that other players will actually face in game using the app. I filled mine with rabid honey badgers.

• Locked thread