Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'm probably going to get this game. I really enjoyed burning down the jungle, stabbing lots of people and blowing poo poo up in the 2nd and third ones. Hopefully this one does a few things better (like that second island not sucking really bad in 3).

Things I'm looking forward to:

*Fun with the wing suit
*Elephants
*loving with people who inevitably have some problem with this game like they did the "white savior" thing in the 3rd one. The Games thread is already replete with this.
*Setting up stupid ambushes
*Multiplayer if they fixed their poo poo

Things I'm not looking forward to:

*Multiplayer if they didn't fix their poo poo
*Burning myself alive repeatedly because burning down things is really fun
*Jumping off things without the wing suit because sometimes you just have to jump to see what happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The 3rd one became completely mindless and repetitive about halfway through so hopefully that's better.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i remember killing vaas in the third one and thinking "alright, i beat this game. im done" and the game went "no you have to go kill this other guy that hasnt been developed at all and you have no reason to care about"

otherwise good game, looking forward to picking up FC4 for 10 bucks a year from now

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nobody talks about how bad the boss fights in 3 were, but they were real bad, especially the Vaas fight and the second phase of the giant dude fight.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I'll probably pick it up on sale. I liked Far Cry 3 but only the unstructured parts. I thought most of the missions were boring.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
waiting for sale too. 3 was okay but eh

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This will probably be sale fodder for many but I intend on pre-ordering it like a retard so I can give a trip report and maybe fraps some stuff or whatever.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Hopefully this will be more like fc3's first island than the second one

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
for some reason they brought back the terrible stupiod radio towers

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I will buy it. On sale.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I preordered it because I'm probably, in the spiritual sense, a bad person.

It looks like it's taken inspiration from the good things in 3 more than the bad, though.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Is this game really gonna be good? I tried looking up info in the games thread and the OP was just a bunch of unfunny jokes so I forgot about it.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I preordered it because I'm probably, in the spiritual sense, a bad person.

It looks like it's taken inspiration from the good things in 3 more than the bad, though.

i paid money to see transformers in theaters. we all make mistakes

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Widestancer posted:

This will probably be sale fodder for many but I intend on pre-ordering it like a retard so I can give a trip report and maybe fraps some stuff or whatever.

Thank you, brave Imp.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

I tried looking up info in the games thread

:whitewater:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh you mean the Games thread that's literally far more talking about how Far Cry 3 was clearly dead serious white power propaganda than saying anything about the new game because it involves an Asian dude fighting an Asian dude in Asia so there's no secret neo nazi message to pull out of your rear end there?

Yea good place.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

We can make our own identity as a place to look up actual good trip reports and poo poo. I'm hoping to do that here.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i look forward to your trip report, samus butt, and i respect your opinions on games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Far Cry 3 looked like a good game. Should I play it?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Gigante posted:

Keep in mind that I like playing good games and I dislike playing bad games.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Pablo Gigante posted:

Yup.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Pablo Gigante posted:

Keep in mind that I like playing good games and I dislike playing bad games.
Oh? Then nup.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh you mean the Games thread that's literally far more talking about how Far Cry 3 was clearly dead serious white power propaganda than saying anything about the new game because it involves an Asian dude fighting an Asian dude in Asia so there's no secret neo nazi message to pull out of your rear end there?

Yea good place.

They actually are lmfao

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Far Cry 3 was epic and this is going to be even more epic

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's a pretty good game. The actual gameplay of exploring and building up your tatau and unlocking guns and killing dudes and animals is pretty neat. I thought a lot of the story and missions were boring though.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I probably won't buy it. I still need to get around to playing Blood Dragon (didn't buy FC3 either.)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I loving hate how uplay games can't be played from an external drive so much.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Thanks guys I think I'm gonna buy it :)

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I loving hate how uplay games can't be played from an external drive so much.

Yeah this is really lame as hell

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Good-sounding things about Far Cry 4:
*Helicopter thing
*Riding Elephants
*Grappling Hook

Bad-sounding things about Far Cry 4:
*Grappling hook is actually just a "have game swing for you"/"have game climb for you" button and there's no way to use it to move around the world in an exciting way

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Widestancer posted:

Yeah this is really lame as hell

It's really loving bad especially since my hard disk is 500gb and most new Ubisoft games are like 40-50 gigs

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i liked shooting rare animals and creating things from their flesh in far cry 3. i hope to do this again in far cry 4

e: setting a field of weed on fire was pretty fun too

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:havlat: You can coop the main quest line and exploration :havlat:

Imagine two imps riding on elephants while Prince Ali from Aladdin plays in the background

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Widestancer posted:

Imagine two imps riding on elephants while Prince Ali from Aladdin plays in the background
http://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/lqN3B4a.gif&v=Bb2HFylQVp0

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Widestancer posted:

Today is a great day. Today we are all Americans.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Since it's an India simulator I wonder if there will be any gangbangs

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Widestancer posted:

Since it's an India simulator I wonder if there will be any gangbangs
Were there gangbangs in Alice in Wonderland? I think that's the determining factor.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Were there gangbangs in Alice in Wonderland? I think that's the determining factor.

Well are we talking the Disney version or the novel and if that which one

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Today is a great day. Today we are all Americans.
:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless posted:

Considering the original book was written by a literally drugged out pedophile yea probably they ran a train on Alice at some point.

• Locked thread