Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Borsche69 posted:

where do people find the time to give a poo poo about this gay crap

I only play video games to get mad about then later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's extremely upsetting to me that the video game series about driving jeeps dangerously fast and setting EVERYTHING on fire is not immersive and respectful of Himalayan cultures.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I had several pages of people yelling at me in the PS4 thread for suggesting they were stupid for getting all offended at Battlefield: Hardline, a game about blowing poo poo up.

It represents the modern police-state apparently.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
i hated the protagonist of Far Cry 3 because he was an rear end in a top hat who did things like play sports and liked to have fun, totally unrelatable.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

i hated the protagonist of Far Cry 3 because he was an rear end in a top hat who did things like play sports and liked to have fun, totally unrelatable.

he's a rich queer who has friends and a girlfriend, and his hair in that game was really gay Lol

pogi
Jun 11, 2014

Is blowing things up with a grenade launcher while riding an elephant everything I dreamed it would be y/n

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

DrSanchez posted:

Is blowing things up with a grenade launcher while riding an elephant everything I dreamed it would be y/n

Yes especially if you switch to your flamethrower and accidentally light yourself on fire too since you can use primary weapons on the elephant

pogi
Jun 11, 2014

Widestancer posted:

Yes especially if you switch to your flamethrower and accidentally light yourself on fire too since you can use primary weapons on the elephant

game of the year

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Far Cry 3's protagonist is odd in how he's probably one of the most unmemorable player characters in ages but hundreds of people are still livid about playing as him to this day

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Far Cry 3's protagonist is odd in how he's probably one of the most unmemorable player characters in ages but hundreds of people are still livid about playing as him to this day

Well you see, he was white and rich, and he was saving poor nonwhite people, and that's bad.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

This is the only game where you can kill dozens of men with an MG42 while riding an elephant and shooting up morphine. It's pretty good.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

DoctorStrangelove posted:

This is the only game where you can kill dozens of men with an MG42 while riding an elephant and shooting up morphine. It's pretty good.

lol if that impresses you maybe you need to step outside your parents basement once in a while

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

seriously thats like first year of college

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

subhuman filth posted:

lol if that impresses you maybe you need to step outside your parents basement once in a while

Shameful

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
One thing I don't enjoy, the choice between the Golden Path leaders is absurdly hamfisted. One dude is a slightly naive hippy who's main goal is protecting the people from an oppressive government and the lady is a hardass who leaves people to get slaughtered because she needs 'intel' and wants to base the nation's economy on opium because gently caress farming and textiles and poo poo like they have been doing.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

One thing I don't enjoy, the choice between the Golden Path leaders is absurdly hamfisted. One dude is a slightly naive hippy who's main goal is protecting the people from an oppressive government and the lady is a hardass who leaves people to get slaughtered because she needs 'intel' and wants to base the nation's economy on opium because gently caress farming and textiles and poo poo like they have been doing.

Yeah that part is lame

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
What i wanna know is why im the ONLY guy in the country who couldve saved that camp. If he knew about it why not send another bunch of guys i mean i just liberated that little valley there should be loads of spare troops. The grenade launcher owns and is broken af btw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

VIDEO GAMES

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Uh actually the arena commanders story line is fuckin intense

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

M-79 + gyrocopter ftw.

Dec 26, 2012

Foxhound posted:

What i wanna know is why im the ONLY guy in the country who couldve saved that camp. If he knew about it why not send another bunch of guys i mean i just liberated that little valley there should be loads of spare troops. The grenade launcher owns and is broken af btw

i agree, the story of "some other assholes did everything for you already" sounds hella fun to play through

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

M-79 + gyrocopter ftw.

The M-79 and the Gyrocopter don't need to be combined to be the best aspects of this game. But holy gently caress put them together and :unsmigghh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Foxhound posted:

It's because none of the rebels have the grenade launcher actually.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They have RPGs I've seen them. But lol if that ever goes right.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

getting this today, pretty hype

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Tatum Girlparts posted:

choice in videogames

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I like how the game keeps track of which skins you need for crafting and includes the ones you don't anymore in the auto sell loot. Makes inventory management much easier and after getting the auto crossbow and some bait bag upgrades makes getting money to feed my RPG and LG addiction much easier.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Widestancer posted:

I like how the game keeps track of which skins you need for crafting and includes the ones you don't anymore in the auto sell loot. Makes inventory management much easier and after getting the auto crossbow and some bait bag upgrades makes getting money to feed my RPG and LG addiction much easier.

thank you sweet video game jesus

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Widestancer posted:

This is an insanely good feature yeah.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

One fun thing I tried yesterday: putting C4 on the gyrocopter and flying it high over an outpost, then bailing from it and Wingsuiting out to the brush undetected and detonating it.

It worked and ended up also blowing open an elephant cage.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Widestancer posted:

One fun thing I tried yesterday: putting C4 on the gyrocopter and flying it high over an outpost, then bailing from it and Wingsuiting out to the brush undetected and detonating it.

It worked and ended up also blowing open an elephant cage.

this has sold me on far cry 4. it sounds like first person Just Cause, which is an extremely fun idea

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zeal posted:

this has sold me on far cry 4. it sounds like first person Just Cause, which is an extremely fun idea

The grapple only works on designated points unlike just cause 2 which is kinda lame but there are several of them in game and the gyrocopter is one of them.

Just make sure that if your buddy is flying the copter to ascend all the way up the rope; it's easy to get caught in the rotors if you're just swinging around on the rope lol

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Do they still have those TOTALLY GRUESOME healing animations?

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Buschmaki posted:

Do they still have those TOTALLY GRUESOME healing animations?

yea

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The one where you re set your own finger/pull it back into position makes me cringe every time for some reason

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
i miss the "jams knife into bullethole to pull out bullet" one, havent seen it yet if its in the game

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

lol "for some reason"

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

subhuman filth posted:

lol "for some reason"

Like, setting fire to innocent creatures and stabbing a dude and turning him into a booby trap with the grenade takedown is a ok but crick a finger and I'm all like ahhhhhhhhhh

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Foxhound posted:

i miss the "jams knife into bullethole to pull out bullet" one, havent seen it yet if its in the game

It's still in there but he does it with a branch not a knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Whenever I get shot I grab a stick so this checks out

• Locked thread