Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Foxhound posted:

i miss the "jams knife into bullethole to pull out bullet" one, havent seen it yet if its in the game

It's still in there but he does it with a branch not a knife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Whenever I get shot I grab a stick so this checks out

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Widestancer posted:

Like, setting fire to innocent creatures and stabbing a dude and turning him into a booby trap with the grenade takedown is a ok but crick a finger and I'm all like ahhhhhhhhhh

The new one that gets me is the handful of matches into the bullet wound and arrow removal
Arrow removal is also a fun way to find out hunters are nearby

frank.club fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 21, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Acquire Currency! posted:

The new one that gets me is the handful of matches into the bullet wound and arrow removal
Arrow removal is also a fun way to find out hunters are nearby

gently caress hunters

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Oh hey what's up I'm a hunter hey yo I'm just gonna send an eagle at you then while you're aiming at it I'm gonna light the area on fire with a fire arrow and then when you manage to escape I'm gonna see you through the brush

No big don't worry bruh

It's good to have enemies that aren't made of glass anymore

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

cunts killed my elephant

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

i dont mind glass enemies as long as im glass as well

i mean we're shooting bullets at each other, they should really gently caress a person up, right?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Widestancer posted:

Oh hey what's up I'm a hunter hey yo I'm just gonna send an eagle at you then while you're aiming at it I'm gonna light the area on fire with a fire arrow and then when you manage to escape I'm gonna see you through the brush

No big don't worry bruh

nice tiger you baited lol thx

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
guns for hire tokens are loving useless. the only times youd ever need them are times where they aren't allowed to help

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Pagan Min legalized drugs and banned religion. I'm surprised that no goons are defending him in Games sincerely.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:eng101:

Fun Hints

*you can Wingsuit onto a zip line

*Pistols and smg's have a top range of much less than other weapons; this does not appear to apply to the auto crossbow in my testing or the bow.

*get the garden upgrade for your house soon since hunting syringes now can show enemies as well as animals; likewise you can now use the fireproof syringes when upgraded to shield yourself from gunfire and explosions

*throwing knives have a really straight trajectory and can stand in for a bow most of the time

*elephants can swim in this game and can kill demon fish easily

*you can get the p416 and bizon from Farcry 3 way earlier than you should by picking them up off guards in Hurks missions

*several weapons can be found instead of bought or unlocked with bell towers; I got the sawed off shotgun from a hostage rescue quest in the basement after an NPC offhand told me to check the basement, for example

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Frig, I really want this game. Must...stop...clicking...on...this thread.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I set up an ambush for a death convoy by jack knifing a hijacked supply truck and loading it with c4. Then mowed down the survivors with my wicked tricked out machine gun.
This was after I miracle shot the driver out of the truck.
Just after a watched a freed hostage wander into the road and get pulverized by his own guys lol

frank.club fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Nov 22, 2014

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
one of the mission objectives requires you to swim to the bottom of a shallow pond and pick up an item

I had flashbacks to the crocs in 3 and then threw grenades into the water till I killed what turned out to be a demon fish

this game owns

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

subhuman filth posted:

i dont mind glass enemies as long as im glass as well

i mean we're shooting bullets at each other, they should really gently caress a person up, right?
In ArmA, yeah. In silly stunt kill game, no.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
if you use stuff that fire bullets you are playing far cry wrong hth

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The .700 nitro sends dudes flying and is really fun to use. I heartily endorse it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Speaking of .700 Nitro here's me about to shoot an elephant who is swimming with one (it's neat that they actually have double barreled dangerous game rifles in this):

Here's a funny FOV glitch I encountered while playing with Lumpy:

God drat lumpy looks badass riding shotgun in our gyrocopter:

These graphics are with all the textures set to low and stuff since I have an older HD7000 series card and an 8320 CPU.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I took a screencap of Widestancer lighting an island on fire from the gyrocopter.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I took a screencap of Widestancer lighting an island on fire from the gyrocopter.

gently caress yeah that island burned

I just unlocked the automatic grenade launcher and holy poo poo

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Widestancer posted:

No big don't worry bruh

Foxhound posted:

nice tiger you baited lol thx
hunters are pretty much exactly what this game needed, except for the part where they mind control your animal buddies. no ubisoft, no, i am playing this game so that I can watch as nature consumes and destroys everyone in front of me, don't take that away from me

also this game is loving amazing

Widestancer posted:

:eng101:

Fun Hints

*you can Wingsuit onto a zip line

*elephants can swim in this game and can kill demon fish easily
:stare:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I've been only using the .700 Nitro consciously instead of the .50 cal and holy poo poo that thing has some interesting properties. It destroys vehicles and heavies easily and has an incredibly quick second shot. Like, instant. It's actually become my weapon of choice for hunting since one shot from it will kill anything in a head shot and two in a body shot. It also penetrates through bodies and some walls. It doesn't mount a proper scope like the .50 but that's also really nice for some hunting or close combat situations.

The .50 cal also goes through some light walls and is just as OP with a silencer as it always was for clearing outposts. Just watch out for Hunters. I've been ambushed a few times while sniping and it sucks to look around and have everything be on fire.

Also if you have 30 Uplay points when you start the game unlock the AJM 9 from Blood Dragon. That thing rocks with a silencer.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Basically the .700 Nitro is the pro no scope sniper rifle that thinks shooting through 4 people (that happened last session) is way cooler than having a silencer and being able to get off an instant second shot when a rhino is charging you is kinda cool too

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Shart Cry: Poor Gameplay and graphics

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Shart Cry: Poor Gameplay and graphics

I feel bad for the console players that don't have stuff like God rays and advanced shadows that they can turn on because it makes the environment amazing.

They don't have to put up with the dumb poo poo we are right now with mouse acceleration though so :shrug:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

That kinda looks lovely, yikes.

On my screenshots the textures are all set to their lowest and I'm only using 8 gigs of ram, a 7870 and an fx8320. I get about 50 frames with that. Newegg will be fixing this shortly.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

Widestancer you need to get a good video card, and CPU. No one should be rocking the AMD stuff these days.

Yeah it was dirt cheap last year and was meant to hold over until I got a new job which I did. I just never bothered replacing it all.

The game runs smoothly for me but I know some people have had issues. The game loads textures in a silly way so they use a lot more than they should right now. Ubisoft has a 1.4 patch that's coming down the pipe to address the texture streaming.

My brother has his loading from an ssd and that's helped too.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

Cool, sometimes you gotta game with what you have. At least Ubi is patching the game, that's good.

Mainly I just don't want to gently caress with doing a motherboard swap in place in the same OS. I'm using the same Win 7 pro install I've had since RC (like, the 30 dollar upgrade from the free RC lol). I should be able to use something like Paragon or Sysprep.exe if I'm not mistaken? Been avoiding it but it's time.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Endgame question:

So I initially didn't shoot Pagan, but after the scene with the ashes he takes off in a helicopter so I got out my grenade launcher and killed him anyway. What changes if you let him leave? Will he still talk to you on the radio post game or something? Is the ending different?

What a kickass game.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll prolly do a lil screenshot dump later if everybody's cool with that

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Cyra posted:

Endgame question:

So I initially didn't shoot Pagan, but after the scene with the ashes he takes off in a helicopter so I got out my grenade launcher and killed him anyway. What changes if you let him leave? Will he still talk to you on the radio post game or something? Is the ending different?

What a kickass game.

I haven't heard anything more from him, he just rides into the sunset and the credits start playing. There is another post-game scene depending on who of the two leaders you sided with, though. If you sided with Amita, it's at Tirith(spelling?), and if you sided with Sabal it's at that island temple I can't remember the name of.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Outpost Master was a really good addition to this game. Trying to get the highest score with take downs only is great.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Finally managed to get a coop game going last night. Sneaking through a fortress while my buddy marked dudes from a nearby hill was pretty rad.

Anyone know if you can send more than one key to kyrat to one person? Probably not...

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

zen death robot posted:

Did you buy this yet?
Hey man, I'm waiting for the Steam Christmas Sale, like any responsible gamer. :)

edit: Who knows, there might be a fix for the mouse acceleration by then.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 24, 2014

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Great Joe posted:

Hey man, I'm waiting for the Steam Christmas Sale, like any responsible gamer. :)

edit: Who knows, there might be a fix for the mouse acceleration by then.

I was thinking the same initially but the game is so drat good and I'm not gonna buy another game until GTAV releases on PC so whatevs

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i have installed the game. its elephant time

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

A Spider Covets posted:

i have installed the game. its elephant time

Sweet if you have it on PC we can Co op

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Widestancer posted:

Sweet if you have it on PC we can Co op

yea what's your steam name? im not online too much but ill give co-op a go once i've gotten the hang of single player mechanics

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

A Spider Covets posted:

yea what's your steam name? im not online too much but ill give co-op a go once i've gotten the hang of single player mechanics

Widestancer and I'm the same on Uplay. It's a lot of fun; we can take outposts and towers and stuff too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Widestancer posted:

Widestancer and I'm the same on Uplay. It's a lot of fun; we can take outposts and towers and stuff too.

ok sent you an invite, im taxes. trying to work out ubisoft's stupid program atm

• Locked thread