Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Berthing is the word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Thump! posted:

Berthing is the word.

For quarters?

Really?

What dipshit came up with that term?

This is why I joined the Air Force. That and terrible life choices.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Masturbation is continuous in the field.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

There are no straight Marines in nature.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I'm up

He sees me

I'm down (to gently caress)

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Do we have any GiP musicians? I want a late-90's ultra-gay euro disco techno beat with the following lyrics

SET

MOVING

MOVE

L

O

A

One of those strip club taxi vans at SOI had a pretty sick Full Metal Jacket techno mashup thing playing. hhhWHAT THE gently caress IS THAT(THAT THAT THAT THAT) dookadookadookadooka Thiiiiis is my riiiiiifle THIS. IS. MY GUN. BWOMPBWOMPBWOMPBWOMP It was the best part of that night, honestly.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Victor Vermis posted:

Do we have any GiP musicians? I want a late-90's ultra-gay euro disco techno beat with the following lyrics

SET

MOVING

MOVE

L

O

A

One of those strip club taxi vans at SOI had a pretty sick Full Metal Jacket techno mashup thing playing. hhhWHAT THE gently caress IS THAT(THAT THAT THAT THAT) dookadookadookadooka Thiiiiis is my riiiiiifle THIS. IS. MY GUN. BWOMPBWOMPBWOMPBWOMP It was the best part of that night, honestly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVRAlAVkx-A

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

too early 90's.

This one is pretty close to what I heard in the boot wagon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8v6SZthJQE

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9eybY9qFfY

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Genocide Tendency posted:

For quarters?

Really?

Gay navy mans I'm assuming.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Genocide Tendency posted:

For quarters?

Really?

please DTFO if you don't appreciate our rich naval history

the D stands for disembark

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Victor Vermis posted:

SET

MOVING

MOVE

L

O

A

I remember a kid in my platoon got robbed when the cabbie took his rear end out to a trailer in the middle of nowhere to link up with some hookers. Apparently there was a rash of similar poo poo going on but most kids were smart enough to not admit to attempting to pay women for sex. This guy wasn't that smart and stood company NJP for his foolishness.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth

Internet Wizard posted:

Hygiene Equipment Operators?

There was a kid in my boot platoon that got that and he was really pissed because he was certain that he had a combat engineer contract and his recruiter switched it on him right before he shipped.

Every prospective "combat engineer" signs a 1100/1300 contract. Recruiters never mention this, but you can be assigned ANY MOS in either field, subject to the needs of the Corps. Nearly everyone who signs this contract does so expecting to become a combat engineer six months later. Probably 90% of heavy equipment operators (who love to call themselves "engineers" since they're also 1300s), bulk fuel, water dogs (including hygiene equipment dudes), and electricians are acquired through this contract. Dude's recruiter probably didn't change poo poo, his dumbass just didn't understand what he was signing. I did the same thing, but I was one of the "lucky" ones.

the dad farm posted:

i picked up Sgt

in the IRR
I picked up SSgt.

On active duty.
That same week, I went on a 96 and never came back, even though I still had like 3-4 work days left before terminal leave. A month later, I was in the IRR. Six days after that was my EOS.
Never even stood OOD.

new friend from school fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 19, 2014

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
They made me an E-5 t 6 years and then tried to use it as some moronic blackmail to reenlist

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

safetyStanddown posted:

Every prospective "combat engineer" signs a 1100/1300 contract. Recruiters never mention this, but you can be assigned ANY MOS in either field, subject to the needs of the Corps. Nearly everyone who signs this contract does so expecting to become a combat engineer six months later. Probably 90% of heavy equipment operators (who love to call themselves "engineers" since they're also 1300s), bulk fuel, water dogs (including hygiene equipment dudes), and electricians are acquired through this contract. Dude's recruiter probably didn't change poo poo, his dumbass just didn't understand what he was signing. I did the same thing, but I was one of the "lucky" ones.

I picked up SSgt.

On active duty.
That same week, I went on a 96 and never came back, even though I still had like 3-4 work days left before terminal leave. A month later, I was in the IRR. Six days after that was my EOS.
Never even stood OOD.

ball so hard

edit: can we just change the thread title to marine vet thread: if you're still active duty then lol

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Apartment landlord is a prior swamp donkey. Says at least once every winter she goes around knocking on doors to get people to shovel.

Acted surprised when I looked at her like she had just told me she wanted me to lick her rear end in a top hat.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
would honestly ask her who the gently caress sent her and is this a joke then looked around for a friend behind her or around the corner.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Also a 15+ degree disparity between the thermostat setting and the actual temp in my shoebox apartment is "probably due to the windows not being locked". Waves of nostalgia wash over me when a doughy retard projects authority by telling me I'm stupid and/or lying without actually saying I'm stupid and/or lying.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

It's like you never even got out

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

I honestly can't fathom how unbelievably gay peace time USMC must be.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

the dad farm posted:

I honestly can't fathom how unbelievably gay the USMC must be.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

the dad farm posted:

MEUs will turn into the dick measuring tool again and gently caress gently caress games get worse as training funds get smaller. You will have more dumb poo poo like starching and ironing cammies and wall locker inspections. If you are disciplined enough to wear ironed utilities and a squared away wall locker you are hard enough to kill America's enemies.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It's bad

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hekk posted:

You will have more dumb poo poo like starching and ironing cammies

no....noooooooooooooooo

o wait ive been out for forever so lmbo at all the idiots still in

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Haha we've already got weekly wall locker checks but at least we don't do legit field days right now

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Internet Wizard posted:

Haha we've already got weekly wall locker checks but at least we don't do legit field days right now

Amos or Conway said legit field days are hazing or something like that.

the dad farm posted:

at least as gay as you are

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Really? We stopped doing them when we got a 1st sgt and he told us a story about when he was an infantry sergeant he had this one PFC that crapped himself during a field exercise and just stuffed all of his crap-covered clothes in the bottom of his wall locker for a few weeks. 1st sgt said everybody started getting suspicious when the guy would just gas his room with lysol before every field day inspection.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

pro move was to take a light switch cover off

the gently caress is all this dust boot? keep cleaning

*goes back to getting shithoused in own room*

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Pretty sure it was Conway. At the very least it limited major field days to once a month and it was just general clean up the rest of the time. Saw a dude fail room inspection because he had a solitary lysol wipe in his trashbag.

Only in the loving military will the words "Is that trash in your trashcan?" or "Why is there drops of water in your sink?" be spoken with a mixture of confusion of anger

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Pledging the floors so they look shiny, your corporal coming in and almost busting his head open. Yells at you to never to pledge the floor again.

Next week different corporal, fails you for not pledging floor.

Next week pledge floor and get rear end kicked from first corporal.

WELCOME TO THE FLEET BOOT!

ah good times.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Screenwriting class. Prof's feedback is in yellow.

:catstare:

:confused:

:catstare::catstare::catstare:

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Explain to him how he is a dirty commie and he needs to hug a hand grenade for his country

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

MaxPowers posted:

Explain to him how he is a dirty commie and he needs to hug a hand grenade for his country

"Pashtun? Is that a real word?"

"I don't know if it's a real word, ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx4NGQorzhM&t=7s

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Stick in some dialogue where somebody has the concept of proper nouns explained to them. Have the explainee asked if he passed third grade.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Stick in some dialogue where somebody has the concept of proper nouns explained to them.

If you're referring to a person as a "Marine" wouldn't it be lower case? Like, "The soldier picked up his rifle." or "The marine picked up his rifle." "The marines picked up their rifles".

I honestly don't know. I always capitalize "Marine". But it's purely masturbatory.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I only capitalized soldier in official documents. Marine is more of an official title given the context, so I'd see it as a proper noun in the singular form. Probably wouldn't capitalize if it was plural.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
I guess some seals failed to save some hostages from alqueeeeeda, now everyones gunna blame obummer for killing people and the dudes dying. I say gently caress everyone, send in the god drat corps, let them send everyone to their makers.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

If the only thing stopping military action anywhere in the world is a concern over dead Marines then that is stupid and dumb.

Grunts never shut the gently caress up about wanting to kill people and I'm pretty sure it's not just bravado because not even a pile of child soldiers could redeem half of those retards in the eyes of their peers and they know it.

edit: personally against boots on the ground, and personally for being fat and lazy instead of work-ups that end with 7 months of not killing people.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
I like to imagine the world is like Evil Genius. Where governments can just send groups of agents to different countries and kill everything they see.

edit: I ment MARSOC not like a full deployment. Seals+MARSOC WHAT COULD GO WRONG!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

meh. I think MEUs detouring to spend a few weeks in random exotic locales full of freedom fighters and terrorizers would go a long way towards keeping morale up and the enemies of freedoms on their toes.

• Locked thread