Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Comfortably Numb posted:

Happy Birthday everyone. Be safe out there. I don't know if this is the place for it, but I just got back from burying one of our own. So go get schmammered for me and be safe.

Sorry to hear that, not the way to spend our birthday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

29 Palms banned yoga pants at the PX, for civilians as well as military.

Comfortably Numb
Dec 31, 2004

Internet Wizard posted:

29 Palms banned yoga pants at the PX, for civilians as well as military.

How will people get their dose of dependa fupas now?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Goddamn it. We'd literally have meetings in the Starbucks there to check out hot wives.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Bob A Feet posted:

Goddamn it. We'd literally have meetings in the Starbucks there to check out hot wives.

My SNCOIC and I have had more than one "counseling session" there for the same reason.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Internet Wizard posted:

My SNCOIC and I have had more than one "counseling session" there for the same reason.

I spent 7 years in 29 Palms and rarely saw hot wives running around the base. There were a ton of rich girls running around Palm Springs though.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

You have to recalibrate for this place. 5 in one day is "wow I saw a lot of women today".

I see more women doing coyote stuff for ITX than almost every day I spend on mainside doing stuff for my unit.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I spent 7 years in 29 Palms and rarely saw hot wives running around the base. There were a ton of rich girls running around Palm Springs though.

Air Force Bases, Pendleton and Miramar will spoil the absolute gently caress out of you. Yuma and CHerry Point will bring you right back down to reality

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Goodfellow AFB is an exception to that one.

Monterey was amazing, though that's an Army base, and it was mostly because of the civilians.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Internet Wizard posted:

Goodfellow AFB is an exception to that one.

Monterey was amazing, though that's an Army base, and it was mostly because of the civilians.

I live close to an Army base and I can tell you, Intel dudes and drone operators marry loving dogs, but their officers seem to do pretty well

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Internet Wizard posted:

You have to recalibrate for this place. 5 in one day is "wow I saw a lot of women today".

I see more women doing coyote stuff for ITX than almost every day I spend on mainside doing stuff for my unit.

You are a coyote now? TTECG was my previous command and the reason I spent the three years prior to this one in 29 Palms.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

You are a coyote now? TTECG was my previous command and the reason I spent the three years prior to this one in 29 Palms.

Sort of. I normally work for a different unit, but whenever I can I go TAD to TTECG because they need me more and I actually get exposure to stuff relevant to my occ field over there.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol, who cried foul hard enough for that to happen? The stumps will always feel like home, but goddamn are there some dipshits in charge there all the time.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

They released a new version of the base's uniform policy this week, and it classified yoga pants as PT gear. It's not just the PX they're unauthorized at now.

They also made it so that you have to take your headphones out when crossing at a crosswalk, so really we've got a bunch of mouthbreathers here that can't cross the street without dying.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
I've recalibrated to the deployment, binary scale. Ie everyone is either a 0 or a 1. Really helps the people watching. Looks like the Verizon tower on Wilson now has permanent power too. This place has it all.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Bob A Feet posted:

I've recalibrated to the deployment, binary scale. Ie everyone is either a 0 or a 1. Really helps the people watching. Looks like the Verizon tower on Wilson now has permanent power too. This place has it all.

Wow the fuckin' corps is gettin soft!! :bahgawd:

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
all hail secretary of defense mattis

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Fuckin a

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Heil baphomet

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
i wish iyaayas still posted so he could tell us that mattis is bad because he was a marine.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

General Mattis told us to expect 30% of our unit to be dead or injured within the first 96 hours of the invasion of Iraq. He gave a big speech in Kuwait two days before we crossed the LoD.

I went to church services for the first time in a decade that day and sat up all night wondering what the gently caress I was doing with my life.

That's my Mattis story.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It's like Facebook petition or duffelblog article come to real life

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Did he give you the bit about wanting to whack Saddam and take his head back to California so it could be run up the flagpole at Berkley?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

General Mattis told us to expect 30% of our unit to be dead or injured within the first 96 hours of the invasion of Iraq. He gave a big speech in Kuwait two days before we crossed the LoD.

I went to church services for the first time in a decade that day and sat up all night wondering what the gently caress I was doing with my life.

That's my Mattis story.

"My name's Mattis and I'm a loving general"

That's how he started every speech I ever heard.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

red19fire posted:

"My name's Mattis and I'm a loving general"

That's how he started every speech I ever heard.

So he started off by telling the truth twice more than anyone has heard a general do it since Bradley retired

Alex433999
Aug 16, 2014
Just got back from my first field op. Holy poo poo did that suck. During our movement to contact we were waste high in swamp water when our boottenant told us to push back because we were in a swamp. Got a SMAW range in at least. Also, the hike back. Whats the worst hike all my fellow goons have done?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Alex433999 posted:

Just got back from my first field op. Holy poo poo did that suck. During our movement to contact we were waste high in swamp water when our boottenant told us to push back because we were in a swamp. Got a SMAW range in at least. Also, the hike back. Whats the worst hike all my fellow goons have done?

The one with a previous way younger than me girlfriend where she got stuck on a sand hill and I had to know my shame.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Alex433999 posted:

you are booter than the bootenant tho...

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Alex433999 posted:

Whats the worst hike all my fellow goons have done?

The one to Baghdad in the spring of 2003.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

The 15k during MCT in 13.

Also the last work hike that I've done.

Nowadays if it doesn't fit in the truck it gets left behind.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Is it a hike if there's no hills 🤔

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
I want to do a tour at ANGLICO but I don't ever wanna do hikes :ohdear:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya but you can play infantry while still being a small unit and loving off 90% of the time

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

The one to Baghdad in the spring of 2003.

Bro why you walk that whole way I rode in a HMMWV?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Grem posted:

Bro why you walk that whole way I rode in a HMMWV?

I lied to try to impress the boot. Shhh

Alex433999
Aug 16, 2014

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

you are booter than the bootenant tho...

I know i'd have done land nav a gently caress ton better than him though.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005

Alex433999 posted:

I bet you would have

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Why didn't you, then

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I refuse to believe that anglico units do hikes

Alex433999 posted:

Also lol at this, bonus laughs at the fact that it's lejeune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
gently caress man if anglico doesn't use hikes, sign me up

• Locked thread