Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Welcome poster, this is the The Ray Parlour, the subforum where we talk about Football, or as Americans call it, Soccer.

Subforum-Wide Rules
  1. The general forum rules apply in this subforum.
    • New threads are welcome, especially for big news items. Please try to make the OP engaging. Pictures, a bit of history about the topic and a table or team list for new leagues are appreciated and will go a long way in getting people interested in your thread. Some topics might fit best in an existing thread: for instance the "footballer does a stupid thing" thread, and many leagues already have dedicated discussion threads.
    • When replying, try to contribute to the conversation at hand. It's fine to make jokes, but if you just post "Manchester United is bad" over and over, you're not doing yourself or anyone else any favors.

2. Do not post anime in this forum. Do not post at all in this forum if you have a My Little Pony avatar!

3. Matchday Threads and PWM have additional rules and regulations, see the following posts.

4. Do not post links/articles/tweets from noted shitrag and enemy of football fans The Sun.

Can I talk about FIFA or PES since I don't actually watch football but my virtual trading card team is like insanely good?

Your stupid video game threads and fantasy threads are now in The Armchair Quarterback. Make believe nonsense will be contained in there from now on.

Contests such as sweepstakes and "guess the score" games can remain in TRP, as well as threads about real world football gambling, since all of these things have to do with actual real life football. If you have a problem with this I suggest posting here.

If you think a poster is breaking these rules or is being terrible, report the offending posts or PM me. I can't do anything about issues I don't know about.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jul 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Matchday Thread Rules

Matchday threads are the threads specific to the matchday being played, whether that be club football or international football. Most league threads turn in to a matchday thread during their matchdays if there isn't enough traffic to warrant a separate thread. Current exceptions are England's Premier League and the US's MLS, which have a weekly and monthly matchday thread respectively.

1. Posting standards are very relaxed in these threads; low-content white noise posts (e.g. "lol" and "pooshited") are permitted, just be reasonable and don't spam.
  2. Asking for streams is fine, and posting streams is fine.
  3. Expect spoilers, don't walk in to a matchday thread with the match DVR'd and expect to not see what's already happened.

Creating a Matchday Thread has special rules:

The Finn posted:

If you don't follow them the thread gets gassed and I murder you etc etc.

1. POST THE TABLE.
2. DO NOT include Championship/League 1/2/Bundesliga/J-League whatever the gently caress else matches to the OP. All those leagues have their own long running threads that turn into a matchday thread on their own each weekend.
3. BOLD ALL derbies/important matches. This will help lurkers/those new to the PL get a better understanding of the bigger matches out there
4. Add a little something of your own, whether it be pictures, a youtube, or just some interesting/funny words.
5. If you made the OP last week take a break, let someone else do it

Most come to this forum because of the Premier League, so post your OP accordingly. thank you for your time & consideration in this matter.
People have been getting lazy about making matchday threads lately, and if a thread isn't posted an hour or so before a matchday begins, these rules will be relaxed because clearly nobody cares about it enough to make a proper thread.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

What is this 10 million page thread that's always at the top?

PWM is our off-topic chat thread. The following extra rules apply:
  1. Low content posts are allowed, spamming is not.
  2. Getting insulted and insulting other thread posters is part of this thread. If someone is being mean to you in PWM, that's too bad.
  3. Link and tag NWS images. Don't embed them and definitely don't just put them in spoiler tags as if that makes any difference.
  4. This thread is not for helldumping or exposing information about other posters. If you've spent your Friday night digging up evidence that another poster has or doesn't have a penis, great. Don't post about it here, even if all you did was click their Post History.
  5. Don't use this thread as a base for trolling other forums. Don't talk about other forums and then go there to antagonize them and come back to show how good of a troll you are. This has been a problem in the past. We can all enjoy a funny forums link, and posting them is fine, but if that poster or thread is shat up by you later, expect to be punished.
  6. You might be able to post anime in PWM. You might not. That's a risk you take.
  7. KMFDM is not allowed to be old
  8. Pissflaps is a known troll, don't believe his lies.
  9. Don't post about football/soccer in PWM. There's a whole forum for that and it's right here!

This thread is dead, RIP.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 27, 2019

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Last but not least
  • If you are Sepp Blatter, the head of FIFA, you will be permabanned if you post in this forum.