Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Definitely wear a fuckin helmet.

I've skied for most of my life and the leaning thing is definitely super important for that. Looking down a steep slope can be scary but the more you lean the more control you have. The more you lean back the more likely it is that you're going to fall over. The way you want to control your turns is by leaning into them as well, don't try to force the snowboard into doing what you want by using your legs or whatever (I don't know how that would work, but on skis it's a bad idea).

What I do is when I'm on the lift I watch the guys going past who look really good, and basically I just try to physically emulate that with my body when I ski. It's probably easier after having a lot of experience because your muscles already have an idea of what to do, but really your form is a very important part of going fast and not loving up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread