Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StevieBoy
Jan 1, 2005
Stupid Newbie
In case you haven't seen Snow Professor videos I can recommend them:

http://snowprofessor.com/

Someone above mentioned bending your knees. The crucial part is to be flexible and not rigid, though that's easier said than done when learning. I was taught about applying pressure on the heel/toe/etc but that becomes much easier when you are flexible and your legs are not locked out (easily done).

I started kettlebell lifting about a year after I learned to snowboard which, surprisingly at the time, improved my riding. It's the movement of the hips back and forward that helps you shift weight easier, so you can put more pressure on an edge and ultimately turn better :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread