Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I've wanted to understand how to play Unlimited for so long, but it's one of those games you really have someone in the room with you telling you how to play. I'd still love to see some madman take it on though (assuming they're prepared to spend the first 20 updates doing hour long videos on how to understand even the basic concepts).

How can a game that pretty be so friggin' obtuse as to make no sense?!

Here, this should help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Dad is a bit of a dick, isn't he?

I'm having some Darksword vibes here, although in that universe Magic is literaly Life (and religion, and whatever...), so when the royal prince is born without any magic the drama is understandable.

This comes out a bit of a surprise because its so sudden. Are non-magical people common in this setting?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Einander posted:

After a fight, you recover 25% HP (rounding down). If you look back at his stats in the last update, you'll also notice that Gustave gained 15 HP (195->210), 1 LP (14->15) and 4 WP (60->64) between the last update and this one. This is because his age has also increased from 13 to 15. As characters age towards their prime, they gain HP, LP, and WP. As characters get older than that, they start to lose those three stats, and they also begin to lose WP regeneration--Gustave has 4 WPR now, but he'll have 3 WPR by the time he reaches middle age.

I assume there is a limit to how old a character can get in each scenario, right? It would be silly to die of old age in the first one if you grind enough.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

inthesto posted:

He's talking about the hexagonal grid in Unlimited Saga, which gets a new skill after every dungeon you complete. If I recall correctly, it's fairly random, but there are ways to tip the RNG in your favor.

IIRC, punching things with a character would give you a higher chance of getting Melee Tiles, weapon attacks give you weapon tiles and so on. It's very random, though.

• Locked thread