Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

tv makers didn't think you've been seeing enough ads lately so now they're gonna show you some ads when you change the volume or turn the tv on

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-ban-the-banner-ads-from-panasonic-smart-tvs/

quote:

The Viera Connect or Smart Viera feature on new Panasonic TVs now includes a banner ad that pops up every time you turn on the TV. Here's how to disable it.

When I reviewed the Panasonic TC-PVT50 series, I was annoyed to see that the latest software update caused a banner ad to appear for a few seconds whenever I turned on the TV. It disappeared quickly and only popped up upon power-on, but it was still obnoxious. The first thing I wondered was whether I could turn it off.

if you plug your tv into the internet you're a huge idiot hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Number19 posted:

tv makers didn't think you've been seeing enough ads lately so now they're gonna show you some ads when you change the volume or turn the tv on

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-ban-the-banner-ads-from-panasonic-smart-tvs/

if you plug your tv into the internet you're a huge idiot hth

lmao

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
June 11, 2012 7:34 AM PDT

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

oh wow time to post img timeline or something

:shobon:

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

agreed idiot kid maker

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

hey op this is nice and all but have you considered new tyres from goodyear?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

smart tvs are still bullshit though

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

LG Privacy Policy posted:

I further understand and agree that LGE may share Voice Information with third parties, including providers of voice analytics.

I understand and agree that Voice Information may be transferred to, and used by, third party service providers on LGE’s behalf in various countries around the world (including Korea), some of which may not offer the same level of data protection, for the purposes set out in the Privacy Policy

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
should have bought a vizio

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I know this gets posted about once a month in YVCPOS but is it possible to just get a goddamn screen with zero features without paying through the nose for 'digital signage' models?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

:cripes:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Jimmy Carter posted:

I know this gets posted about once a month in YVCPOS but is it possible to just get a goddamn screen with zero features without paying through the nose for 'digital signage' models?

no because like laptops and computers the price of a consumer display is subsidized by shitware, netflix, ads and selling all your usage habits to everyone under the sun

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

yes

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
one year they're called idiot boxes and now they're smart tvs? make up your mind already sheesh Louise

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
[img]that-tv-from-idiocracy.jpg[/img]

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
my tv remote has a slideout keyboard and it's connected to the top part by a little ribbon cable that if you use the keyboard more than like 3 times the ribbon breaks and the whole thing stops working and it's juuuuuust short enough that you have to buy a 2 inch cable and get a jewler's loop and a razor and peel back the insulation on the cable to make a slightly shorter one

it makes me pretty darn mad

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Jimmy Carter posted:

https://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-monitors/cat-probravia/

http://www.panasonic.com/business/flat-panel-displays/

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
if i had a smart washer, my samsung tv would probably tell me something about it

i like the netflix and youtube app

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i rly think its better if the smartness comes from something plug into it... so u can upgrade it.. but ppl keep putting smart stuff inside the tv - what a fail

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

only if you have a cat6 drop in your laundry

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

only if you have a cat6 drop in your laundry

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
my washer runs gingerbread WHAT ABOUT YOURS!?

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
i hate when i accidentally press the vizio button and i get the really laggy menu with all the built in garbage apps

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

my tv came with banner ads so i had to disable them

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 393 days!
i would like my tv to have airplay and netflix and nothing else

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

my tv is just a very large monitor connected to my posting station.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

60 inches of plasma :smugmrgw:

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Bloody posted:

60 inches of plasma :smugmrgw:

same but my penis

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 393 days!
my college had airplay projectors until a class got goatsed.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

wesley snypes posted:

my college had airplay projectors until a class got goatsed.

nice work there lol

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

i hate when i accidentally press the vizio button and i get the really laggy menu with all the built in garbage apps

take your controller apart and remove the little nub on the via button so you really have to smash it to get it to register

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

has somebody said WebOS yet?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

has somebody said WebOS yet?

i posted a tv wiuth webos on it, yea

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Smythe posted:

i posted a tv wiuth webos on it, yea

good poo poo. nice.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Lol if u don't run disconnect and adblock plus on your tv

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

lol if you connect your tv to the Internet at all

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol if you use your TV or gaming console to browse the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

have you tried LG Smart TVs with webOS, op? they feature Bean Bird for easy setup and the Magic Remote for effortless navigation

• Locked thread