Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

tv makers didn't think you've been seeing enough ads lately so now they're gonna show you some ads when you change the volume or turn the tv on

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-ban-the-banner-ads-from-panasonic-smart-tvs/

quote:

The Viera Connect or Smart Viera feature on new Panasonic TVs now includes a banner ad that pops up every time you turn on the TV. Here's how to disable it.

When I reviewed the Panasonic TC-PVT50 series, I was annoyed to see that the latest software update caused a banner ad to appear for a few seconds whenever I turned on the TV. It disappeared quickly and only popped up upon power-on, but it was still obnoxious. The first thing I wondered was whether I could turn it off.

if you plug your tv into the internet you're a huge idiot hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

oh wow time to post img timeline or something

:shobon:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

smart tvs are still bullshit though

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

:cripes:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Jimmy Carter posted:

I know this gets posted about once a month in YVCPOS but is it possible to just get a goddamn screen with zero features without paying through the nose for 'digital signage' models?

no because like laptops and computers the price of a consumer display is subsidized by shitware, netflix, ads and selling all your usage habits to everyone under the sun

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

lol if you connect your tv to the Internet at all

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

qirex posted:

does hdmi-cec actually work

lmao no

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

maybe if you have the right combo of equipment and you perform the right pagan rituals it will work on the third Tuesday of the month

probably not though

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

pagancow this thread is about how bad smart tvs are not how bad you are

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

PuTTY riot posted:

i thought u wanted 120hz cause 24fps and 30fps both divide into it evenly but everything above that is poo poo

240hz mode allows for 48fps content but that's so rare that no one cares

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH