Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theadder posted:

i have evernote and 0 items in it

the "free" Evernote that requires a
Microsoft account and contract for your soul
is a worthless hunk of cremnob's semen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

pram posted:

if i was hosting a game site id have the splash/download page be an s3 bucket w/ the files on cloudfront

and then id make a subdomain forward to my tumblr or w/e

ya, tumblr lets you set up so blog.whatever.fart is just tumblr hosted (changing anames and poo poo)

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

it's for taking notes and compiling notes and it's a quick key press to add a
note or idea or screenshot and everything is automatically saved [which at the same was a rad concept, now it seems fundamental]

sounds like something i could have used in the past 4 years I have been studying at university via distance.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yeah it would have been ideal

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Miley Virus posted:

ya, tumblr lets you set up so blog.whatever.fart is just tumblr hosted (changing anames and poo poo)

this is normal for blog software
tho huh. like Wordpress allowed this etx. I think u had
to pay

anyway game site would be 3 things

developer blog = tumblr is ideal for this
actual game site, just like, THIS GAME IS ABOUT ROCKETS WITH IMMATURE NAMES
and a downloady bit

my
dream maybe is steam greenlight so that takes care of download and dealing with people making accounts n poo poo although 30% down the shitter straight into gabes gape

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
lmao echi been playing with stims from the shop and now his right pinky finger twitches on the return key every 4 seconds

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

the "free" Evernote that requires a
Microsoft account and contract for your soul
is a worthless hunk of cremnob's semen

evernote is some other thing which is v green but its not ms

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

echinopsis posted:

my
dream maybe is steam greenlight so that takes care of download and dealing with people making accounts n poo poo although 30% down the shitter straight into gabes gape

on the flipside, people will actually play it if its on steam

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
abadassnetworks

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
lol wtf their cheapest plan doesn't even give you shell access wtf kind of scrub poo poo are you supposed to be able to do with that

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
also i clicked the first link for clients' horrible ruby on rails applications and it was this

rails deployment that just works

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

use squarespace OP

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

might I suggest host gator dot com?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

lol if you use digital ocean for anything just to save 5 dollars off an infinitely better company: linode.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

power botton posted:

lol if you use digital ocean for anything just to save 5 dollars off an infinitely better company: linode.

digital ocean has an endorsement from javascript superstar john resig on the front page. think i'll go with them instead

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

all shared hosting companies are crap, hth OP

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

yea they're good i've used them for 8 years and it's been hassle/problem free. i raised a few tickets over the years an never had to wait more than 20 minutes for a response even though i live on the other side of the planet. p sure the guy is a robot who doesnt need eat or sleep

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
hi im a literal idiot. are there any good wysiwyg editors for making cool websites out there??

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Granbar posted:

hi im a literal idiot. are there any good wysiwyg editors for making cool websites out there??

squarespace

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

power botton posted:

actually you can thank DO for forcing linode to finally lower their shitastic prices

why yes i would love to pay $20/mo for a 512mb vps when DO offers a 1gb one for $5

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

newreply.php posted:

lmao echi been playing with stims from the shop and now his right pinky finger twitches on the return key every 4 seconds

on iPhone I hit return instead of space all the time

Miley Virus posted:

on the flipside, people will actually play it if its on steam

yes

theadder posted:

evernote is some other thing which is v green but its not ms

I meant one note

pram
Jun 10, 2001

power botton posted:

pram posted:

linode was absurdly expensive before digitalocean

FCKGW posted:

actually you can thank DO for forcing linode to finally lower their shitastic prices

why yes i would love to pay $20/mo for a 512mb vps when DO offers a 1gb one for $5

pram
Jun 10, 2001
digitalocean actually owns and is the premier place to deploy ur docker apps in CoreOS

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
has anyone recommended dreamhost yet?

because I'm def not

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I was with dreamhosts lovely service up until they hosed up their automated bling software jan 1st and accidentally billed everyone for a year of service instead of monthly. their response was to write a snarky woot-style blog post and half apologize

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

i use godaddy because i put no thought whatsoever into my decision and i kinda regret it because its windows

well, i used to use dropbox and its miles better than that but still. id like to gently caress around with irc or something and having a windows server really limits me.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Widdiful posted:

windows server

rofl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
digitalocean are fairly ftw

• Locked thread