Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Knights in the Nightmare: where murdering a child who wants revenge for his dead parents is merely a step towards our goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Annointed posted:

Knights in the Nightmare: where murdering a child who wants revenge for his dead parents is merely a step towards our goals.

Nothing will stop King Wilmgard. Nothing. Not his death, not his allies' deaths, and certainly not the deaths caused by his own campaign.

Dude's determined, you gotta give him that.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Annointed posted:

To be fair, the Wisp would be willing to ignore her if she wasn't`attacking him.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
:siren::siren:UPDATE: Scene 37: The Cardinal's Keepsake:siren::siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CRqtoKKhVI
:siren:

Knights we recruited last time
Hagen M.K. Ifroth of the 12th Order

Class: Warrior
Atlus.com say this of Hagen:
No entry!
The Tome of Lost Souls says:
War Reaver
“Despite his dark and tragic past, he chooses to spend his life laughing and enjoying himself. He and Otto have been friends for years, and the two have an inseparable bond. Hagen does his best to act cold and unmovable, but deep down, he has a strong sense of justice and compassion. Like the rest of the order, he considers himself to be more mercenary than knight."

Sarland I.S. Vista of the 12th Order

Class: Hermit
Atlus.com say this of Sarland:
No entry!
Fate Stealer
“She is a reliable and capable ally, but she lets her temper get the best of her far too often. Sarland considers herself more of a mercenary than a knight, and having grown up in poverty, she mistrusts the upper classes. Although not treasonous, she feels no strong affinity for the kingdom or its well-being."

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hah, I love how even the game accepts that Wilmgard is a bit too kill-heavy now. I said it as a joke, but it seems I was in the right in thinking he's not quite as pure-hearted as previous scenes implied.

Also that Sarland transoul was even more heart-breaking than usual. But sacrifices are needed, and Wilmgard does not care how many must re-die for his goals.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Dammit Piche. First you kill those knights for no reason (I doubt they make good food), and now you're sitting right on the tracks of the murder train. She is not terribly bright as a harpy, is she?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

I think the two people she mentioned are Yelma and Algiery, not Yelma and the Wisp. Because if you included the Wisp, that would be three people following her.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also that Sarland transoul was even more heart-breaking than usual. But sacrifices are needed, and Wilmgard does not care how many must re-die for his goals.

Yeah that was a tough one. It's the only one I can think of that we've seen where it was done without consent; the other knights usually say stuff like "Please use my power!" I still feel kind of dirty. Wish I just reset the game :smith:

Felinoid posted:

Dammit Piche. First you kill those knights for no reason (I doubt they make good food), and now you're sitting right on the tracks of the murder train. She is not terribly bright as a harpy, is she?

I think the one word that describes her best is "hapless". Maybe killing the knights was a territorial thing...well we won't need to wonder much longer.

BlazeEmblem posted:

I think the two people she mentioned are Yelma and Algiery, not Yelma and the Wisp. Because if you included the Wisp, that would be three people following her.

Huh I never considered that...but I'd think if she was sensing people, surely she would sense Wilmgard, right? That sensing power a la Dragon Ball Z is poorly defined. We saw that Yelma knew when the Cardinal died by feeling it, even though she was out in the cemetery area when it happened. Hell I don't know.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Hah, I love how even the game accepts that Wilmgard is a bit too kill-heavy now.

Yeah, it's like "You're just looking for people to gently caress up now, aren't you?"

Why are we even going to the top of the tower? I thought the body was being transported away from it.

HaroldofTheRock posted:

That sensing power a la Dragon Ball Z is poorly defined. We saw that Yelma knew when the Cardinal died by feeling it, even though she was out in the cemetery area when it happened. Hell I don't know.

It's hard to hide your power level when you're dead :ssj:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

vilkacis posted:

Why are we even going to the top of the tower? I thought the body was being transported away from it.

Keep in mind that the tower collapsed. Just because it is the top of the tower, doesn't mean that it is the highest point of the tower anymore. It might be that the tower fell in such a way that the top in now on the path forward.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I figured "top" meant "highest part of whatever stub is left". :v:

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
:siren::siren:UPDATE! Scene 38: The Two Pursuers. Clash with the Cursed Piche:siren::siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFVV1sprTOU

Grimwad Dylan Mirele of the 10th Order

“The truth is different for all who see it.”
Class: Wizard
Atlus.com say this of Grimwad:
”An experienced subordinate who has great faith in Frabela. Those who speak to him often find him approachable and a good listener.”
Spectral Master
“He has inadvertently become the 10th Order’s personal therapist, as all of his comrades come to speak to him and seek his advice. Because General Frabela and General Algiery are so close, Grimwad has reservations about his assignment to track down Algiery.”

Werner F. Device of the 10th Order

Class: Warrior
Atlus.com say this of Werner:
No entry!
Valiant Lamb
“He is a gullible, weak-willed fighter who tends to get stomach aches from the stress of being a knight. Werner gets upset easily by Caline’s sharp remarks and constantly falls for the merchant Salida’s sales pitches. He idolizes Silvano, and his best friend is Monk.”

vilkacis posted:

I figured "top" meant "highest part of whatever stub is left". :v:

Wherever we end up, I think the most likely answer is "because there are things to kill there".

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

There's a lot of stuff I want to talk about this time.

First Piche. This is my pick for the easiest boss fight in the game. Not only is her health really low, the Archer and Duelist (please don't transoul Frabella, she is my favorite character) are in good positions to hit her most of the time, so the fight will last a really short time. The game even expects you to finish fast, since it gives you only 4 turns to do it.

Also, Piche continues the Zodiac theme naming, with her representing Pisces. Not as obvious as Vilgo, but far more obvious than Jamie.

I have so much to say about the angel, but I will wait until we get her name.

You had to order the Tome of Lost Souls online? That means you didn't pre-order the game. How sad. I pre-ordered both the DS and the PSP game, so I got the soundtrack and artbook from the DS pre-order, and the code to download Yggdra Union PSP from the PSP version, which is useless to me since I already bought the digital version after I got the digital version of Riviera and found that it eliminated the load times that plagued the UMD version. I guess I am trying to say that I wasted my money :negative:.

Finally, the Rosary that the angel dropped? It is the one Piche has in her artwork. The Tome of Lost Souls makes it clear.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah the Piche fight felt appropriately pathetic, like a mercy killing. It's more comprable to fighting the kings son, ending the life of someone who been transformed into something feral and dangerous to those around them.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
BONUS VIDEO: JEEZ, PICHE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7WLAVu_FXU
This is a real short alternate fight with Piche

ANNOUNCEMENT! WEAPON UPGRADES
In that past, we've done a round of weapon upgrades to bring out Rush Count Effects. I was going to do another round of that, but decided let's simplify the whole thing. Below are screenshots of all the Rush Count Effects in the game. White text ones are beneficial, red text ones hurt.

If you would like to see a particular Rush Count Effect, give me the number and I'll see what I can do. In order for me to trigger it, I need to upgrade whatever weapon is associated with the Effect, which I can use a FAQ for.

So, I need to either have the weapon in our inventory or have the means to get it (via Training Mode). Then, I have upgrade the weapon until the Effect is unlocked. Finally, I need to be able to pull off the Rush Count to trigger the Effect. NO PROMISES! I can't say if I will be able to pull off the Count, but I'll give it the old college try. Some Effects are contingent on certain enemies, I'll do my best to work around that but we are late-ish in the game and for all I know there are no more Dryads to fight, or whatever.

Requested Effects will be featured in either a normal video or a bonus video, to be determined. And some of the Effect descriptions are vague, I may not know what they do but we can find out! Some of them sound wacky as poo poo.

Any questions, ask in the thread.

BlazeEmblem posted:

There's a lot of stuff I want to talk about this time.

First Piche. This is my pick for the easiest boss fight in the game. Not only is her health really low, the Archer and Duelist (please don't transoul Frabella, she is my favorite character) are in good positions to hit her most of the time, so the fight will last a really short time. The game even expects you to finish fast, since it gives you only 4 turns to do it.

Also, Piche continues the Zodiac theme naming, with her representing Pisces. Not as obvious as Vilgo, but far more obvious than Jamie.

I have so much to say about the angel, but I will wait until we get her name.

You had to order the Tome of Lost Souls online? That means you didn't pre-order the game. How sad. I pre-ordered both the DS and the PSP game, so I got the soundtrack and artbook from the DS pre-order, and the code to download Yggdra Union PSP from the PSP version, which is useless to me since I already bought the digital version after I got the digital version of Riviera and found that it eliminated the load times that plagued the UMD version. I guess I am trying to say that I wasted my money :negative:.

Finally, the Rosary that the angel dropped? It is the one Piche has in her artwork. The Tome of Lost Souls makes it clear.

First off, Frabella will be spared the guillotine. I'll throw her in a round and see if she has anything to say in Pause talks.

Regarding the Angel...we actually have seen her name, in passing. Dreyuss described seeing her in a Pause Talk fairly early in the game, and her name was associated with it. I was pretty surprised when it happened, I think it was before Scene 20. Anyway go nuts with the Angel chat, unless you prefer to wait longer. There is a lot to say about her, that's for sure. This is a little earlier than I planned to announce it, but I've been working on a bonus video that covers the greater Dept Heaven Lore and how it relates to Knights in the Nightmare. I'm hoping to make this bonus video an epilogue for the LP once we've finished the game.

Yeah I had to buy the Tome a couple years after the fact...KitN was my first Dept Heaven game. (Wish we had gotten the Dept Heaven World Guidebook instead of the Tome though...) Since then I've played all the main ones except Yggdra Union, love them all though Riviera was a bit of an acquired taste for me. I fooled around with Knight in the Nightmare on my Vita, but god drat the digital copy has such fast load times, I can't read the loading screens, and they look like they have a lot of backstory tidbits. That really sucks! But don't feel bad wasting your money; we need to pump more money over to Sting. I don't think Gungnir did very well...it's been like 4 or 5 years and no sign of another Dept Heaven game :smith:

I was thinking that about the rosary thing (why's it a cross anyway) but I wasn't 100% sure. I was paranoid it was a key item hidden in the stage that I missed, but you're probably right, Piche had it.

Annointed posted:

Yeah the Piche fight felt appropriately pathetic, like a mercy killing. It's more comprable to fighting the kings son, ending the life of someone who been transformed into something feral and dangerous to those around them.

Yep :( Interesting to note, she did dispatch those knights rather easily, then got squashed under Wilmgard's thumb. Kind of gives you a sense of scale for how powerful the Wisp is.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

For skills, lets go with:

97 - Skills activating twice? Nice. Though, I wonder if that would increase the Vit drain to the knight.

91 - The wisp is damaged by it's own trail. How does that work?

96 - Because increasing the brightness of the screen sound hilarious.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, let's get some 97 going :getin:

Piche's title is... appropriate.

I think this is about the place where, if this were another particular JRPG where you recruit dead knights, I'd put on the Dimension Slip and just walk through the randos. I like seeing the "random" battles too, but right now it does seem like poo poo's about to go down soon, so getting tangled up with generic monsters just feels like we're putting off the interesting bits.

Though it's mostly Wilmgard's own fault for being so kill-crazy, I guess.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lets see if you can one round no hit an encounter.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
:siren::siren:UPDATE: Scene 39. Venturing into the Labyrinth:siren::siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWkC09q3N58

Frabela Flay Arkun 10th Order

“I have faith in my friend. She could not commit such treachery.”
Class: Duelist
Atlus.com say this of Frabela:
”A strong and caring lady knight, known throughout the orders for her kindness, beauty, and military prowess. She considers Lady Algiery a good friend.”
Meteoric Striker
“The courageous and reliable General of the 10th Order. Despite her youth, many of the other knights look up to her. When Frabela was promoted, General Algiery of the 6th Order came to her quarters to congratulate her, but brought her flowers to liven up her room upon seeing how empty it was. The two have been close friends ever since. Frabela knows she should not play favorites, but she sees Oswald as more a brother than a subordinate.”

Amalgun Roni Oh Jieu of the 10th Order

Class: Archer
Atlus.com say this of Amalgun:
No entry!
Silent Stalker
“He is a realist who suspects the higher-ups are concealing the truth from the knights. Amalgun thinks the state of the world is rapidly declining, and he has a great mistrust for General Algiery. Recently, he and his longtime friend Enite have been having some differences. His passion in life is studying the weaponry of foreign kingdoms.”

Boss fight from last time: The Cursed Piche

Game Designer Ito posted:

I wanted to express traces of her former, human self by leaving the remains of a dress around her hips. By the way, that cross tangled around her foot was found at the Tower of Mehse, where birds habitually collect shiny objects they find.

Illustrator Kiyuduki posted:

The concept that Capehorn’s granddaughter had become a monster was around from the beginning, but when it came to designing the character, we did the monster version first. We then worked backward from there, trying to decide how she would’ve looked when she was human.

:siren:LAST CALL FOR RUSH COUNT REQUESTS! :siren:
So far we have 97,91,96, and 68 on the docket. Refer to this post for a list of Rush Count Effects. I'll do my best to make them happen.

vilkacis posted:

I think this is about the place where, if this were another particular JRPG where you recruit dead knights, I'd put on the Dimension Slip and just walk through the randos. I like seeing the "random" battles too, but right now it does seem like poo poo's about to go down soon, so getting tangled up with generic monsters just feels like we're putting off the interesting bits.

Yeah, the game definitely could've been tightened up a little. I kind of get the feeling that once they fleshed out the gameplay mechanics, they cranked out the stages. I bet the stages themselves were relatively quick and easy to design.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

If you really want to punish the dick knight, you could always transoul him to some random person (preferably someone that was at Gerhardt for maximum fuckyou), then transoul that person into one of our permanent knights. Unless they went the extra mile to track things like this, it would effectively erase him from existence.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Felinoid posted:

If you really want to punish the dick knight, you could always transoul him to some random person (preferably someone that was at Gerhardt for maximum fuckyou), then transoul that person into one of our permanent knights. Unless they went the extra mile to track things like this, it would effectively erase him from existence.

He has really low loyalty, so you don't gain as much when transouling him. I think. Transouling is the most complicated thing in this game, which is saying quite a lot.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Isn't there another option, where you can turn souls into weapons?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

FAT BATMAN posted:

Isn't there another option, where you can turn souls into weapons?

That's exile, which HaroldofTheRock said he might do in the video. As you waste the knight for a weapon you can get normally, there usually isn't much point to doing it, unless you want the pause talk from the exile recorded in the PSP pause talk collection.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
Yep, exiling will dump the knight to fade into nothingness, but we get a weapon.

Felinoid posted:

I like the cut of your jib, but the game still tracks it. Here, I transouled Alfred to Amalgun, then Amalgun to Alonso. Alfred's stink persists:

Here is what he says when we transoul him:

And if we exile him:

Finally, the potential gains if we transoul him directly to one of our permanent knights:

Note: Hilgard did die in Fort Gerhard, but according to her bio, she was among the first to be swept up in the tragedy. So she wasn't a holdout.

What say you, Jury of Gleivnir?

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Ech. In that case I say we make him sit around forever. No exiles, no transoul, no being used in battle, no even talking to anyone ever again if we can help it. Solitary confinement as an afterlife. People have been driven mad by less.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

He didn't even drop a weapon with any upgrades? How useless.

I say keep him for now, and decide what to do with him later. You only have 8 stages to go, so it's not like you need to use him to get to the end at this point.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Just eat the soul, he might as well be useful for something, and at least you won't feel bad about it.

Also, got a pretty good chuckle at "as long as nothing happens to me"... it's like some of these people don't even realize what kind of story they're in.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
:siren::siren:UPDATE: Scene 40: Placing of the Seal:siren::siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRwy6s99CIo

Knight we recruited last time
Alfred Alois Dias of the 3rd Order

“All that I do, I do in Yelma’s name.”
Class: Lance Knight
Atlus.com say this of Alfred:
”A man who works towards his goals, putting insignificant details aside. He is a dedicated and zealous subordinate of Yelma, and it is said he is quite skilled with a lance.”
Unwavering Spear
“He is a handsome and often idolized young man, and people have described his graceful fighting style as though he is dancing with his spear. Recently, though, his behavior has changed a lot. He seems to have little patience for anyone, with the exception of his undying loyalty to Yelma, which perplexes many.”

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

So the knight we can recruit in the stage talks about Rosa, one of our permanent priestesses, and then in round 2 you switch Carena out for another priestess and you pick Lyzz instead? Have you no sense of drama, man? :psyduck:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Is this even a question at this point, game?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

The more we see of his backstory, the more obvious it is that Capehorn really has no excuses for his actions. Everything that happened to him was because of his criminal actions. You expect that he should have a sympathetic backstory, but nope. His backstory is that he wanted power, and got angry when he was punished for breaking the Law to gain that power.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

BlazeEmblem posted:

The more we see of his backstory, the more obvious it is that Capehorn really has no excuses for his actions. Everything that happened to him was because of his criminal actions. You expect that he should have a sympathetic backstory, but nope. His backstory is that he wanted power, and got angry when he was punished for breaking the Law to gain that power.

The question is, though, why did he want that power, and for whom. If he just wanted power for himself to have power, then sure, he's a plain ol' douche. But it sounded to me like he was trying to help his people be in not such a lovely place (in a very stupid way, admittedly), and they exiled him and basically crippled him for it. The Capehorn we then see in the game is super bitter over what he considers unfair treatment, and everything else flows from there.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Felinoid posted:

The question is, though, why did he want that power, and for whom. If he just wanted power for himself to have power, then sure, he's a plain ol' douche. But it sounded to me like he was trying to help his people be in not such a lovely place (in a very stupid way, admittedly), and they exiled him and basically crippled him for it. The Capehorn we then see in the game is super bitter over what he considers unfair treatment, and everything else flows from there.

Except it was a fair punishment. He broke the taboo by finding and stealing the Written Rule, and the Tiamats know that there tends to be punishment from Asgard whenever the Rule gets broken - they are aware that the past Arbitrator had his memories of his power removed, so they know Asgard is willing to punish them. We don't know when the first Mense tower was destroyed, but it might have been before Capehorn's time, so he might have known about that too.

Also, there must have been a better way for the Tiamats to get a better position. Not long before the game started, Prince Nordich and Princess Alier were set to wed to unite the kingdoms, and as we saw from the knights early on, they didn't have a problem with it - they were even joking about how their married lives would be like. While this option wasn't available to Capehorn at the time (As the king before Wilmgard was still in power, Nordich might not have been born yet), Capehorn was a smart man. He could have found a way for the Tiamats to gain power without resorting to something that Asgard would react to.

In short, Capehorn was punished because his actions could have killed the Tiamats, and he is angry because he refused to think about the consequences of his actions. He deserves no sympathy.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

BlazeEmblem posted:

Except it was a fair punishment. He broke the taboo by finding and stealing the Written Rule, and the Tiamats know that there tends to be punishment from Asgard whenever the Rule gets broken - they are aware that the past Arbitrator had his memories of his power removed, so they know Asgard is willing to punish them. We don't know when the first Mense tower was destroyed, but it might have been before Capehorn's time, so he might have known about that too.

Even if he knew about the taboo, he could still consider it an unfair punishment for trying to help. It doesn't matter whether it is fair or not, he can still think it's unfair.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Also, there must have been a better way for the Tiamats to get a better position. Not long before the game started, Prince Nordich and Princess Alier were set to wed to unite the kingdoms, and as we saw from the knights early on, they didn't have a problem with it - they were even joking about how their married lives would be like. While this option wasn't available to Capehorn at the time (As the king before Wilmgard was still in power, Nordich might not have been born yet), Capehorn was a smart man. He could have found a way for the Tiamats to gain power without resorting to something that Asgard would react to.

Since when is Capehorn smart? The entire game is full of showing how he does dumb things. Every ally he makes (besides Aquina) betrays him, and every action he takes only puts him and everyone else he cares about in a worse position. This bit with the Rule and his exile is just another log on the fire.

BlazeEmblem posted:

In short, Capehorn was punished because his actions could have killed the Tiamats, and he is angry because he refused to think about the consequences of his actions. He deserves no sympathy.

I would say he worth only the sympathy due people who are so misguided that they wreck the world with their stupidity. Which is still not much at all.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Felinoid posted:

Since when is Capehorn smart? The entire game is full of showing how he does dumb things. Every ally he makes (besides Aquina) betrays him, and every action he takes only puts him and everyone else he cares about in a worse position. This bit with the Rule and his exile is just another log on the fire.

You got me there. But at the same time, it's not like he's alone in his stupidity in this game. For example: every single enemy that thinks they can kill Wilmgard.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
Some good Capehorn chat going on. Yeah his intelligence is hard to defend given what we've seen. In his defense, he played Gunther like a fiddle and got him to try on the cursed armor, and he's been described in game as very intelligent. But he's not immune to poor decisions, that's for sure. There is another character who has made, in my opinion, the absolute dumbest choice in the game, but the plot hasn't gotten us there yet. Trust me, when we see it and it's fully explained, holy poo poo...how could someone be so stupid?

In the end I don't know if sympathy is the right word, but I have an...I guess I'd say...understanding of Capehorn's situation. He's still a total tool.

Felinoid posted:

So the knight we can recruit in the stage talks about Rosa, one of our permanent priestesses, and then in round 2 you switch Carena out for another priestess and you pick Lyzz instead? Have you no sense of drama, man? :psyduck:

gently caress! :doh: What can I say...for some reason I was obsessed with overcharging that sanctity rod. It never even occurred to me! :cripes:

:siren:Bonus Video:siren:
At long last, the Rush Count Request video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t47o0voP1MY

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rush Counts are super weird :psyduck:
Seriously they could only be active in such a small niche it's a wonder that they included them at all.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I admit Rush counts are really gimmicky and the game does not encourage their use. Often times you can easily get the damage you need from your baseline weapons and NOT have to juggle between the good and bad effects. Because in weapon fusion you drop to the the lowest number from +0, In order to maintain upgraded weapons not only do you have to grind for material, you have to upgrade the weapons, then fuse them together to incrsase durability.

It's pointless busywork in a game that already asks alot for the player to remember.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

You should really put an annotation on that video that skips to about 7 minutes in for those of us that remember you telling us all this at least once before. I understand wanting to be thorough in case people forgot, but it's 20% of the video on things we should already know.

Also goddamn the bullet trail. You got your rear end kicked....by your own rear end! :haw: Interesting to see the game doesn't seem to be able to handle it either.

Your thoughts at the end sort of mimic my own. I can understand why they did what they did with the rush counts. They wouldn't want something really terrible, like the bullet trail, to completely gently caress you over for the entire round. And then to balance, the good effects have to be just as limited. So in the end, instead of a strategic layer, it's more of a chaos layer; while it can be something you can take advantage of if you really try, it's mostly something that comes up to gently caress with you for a second and keep things interesting. A little disappointing maybe, but better being there than not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

HaroldofTheRock posted:

There is another character who has made, in my opinion, the absolute dumbest choice in the game, but the plot hasn't gotten us there yet. Trust me, when we see it and it's fully explained, holy poo poo...how could someone be so stupid?

I was going to mention this character in my last post, but I decided to avoid mentioning them to avoid spoilers. Then you revealed it anyway :haw:.

The wisp shooting bullets was great. Especially since the freezing is a glitch that happens every time.

• Locked thread