Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

Felinoid posted:

You should really put an annotation on that video that skips to about 7 minutes in for those of us that remember you telling us all this at least once before. I understand wanting to be thorough in case people forgot, but it's 20% of the video on things we should already know.

That's a good call. I'm purposely redundant on a lot of stuff like that and some story stuff too, just to be sure everyone's on the same page, but I have trouble drawing the line. I'm the same way in real life, my lab notebooks at work get bloated with too many details and become unwieldy and hard to get through. Something I need to work on!

BlazeEmblem posted:

I was going to mention this character in my last post, but I decided to avoid mentioning them to avoid spoilers. Then you revealed it anyway :haw:.

Yeah you've displayed better spoiler discipline than I have, and I'm the freakin OP :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
:siren::siren:UPDATE: Scene 41: The Breach of the Sanctuary. Clash with the Devout Sacchito:siren::siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfIgm9rtKO0
:siren:

Knight we recruited last time
Carena Yiel Eh Ceres of the 6th Order

“Try as hard as you like. You’ll never be able to defeat raw talent.”
Class: Priestess
Atlus.com say this of Carena:
”She works in earnest to become a stronger knight, but at the same time she cannot help her jealousy of those who have more natural talent than her.”
The Tome of Lost Souls says:
Scion of the Night
“Although she works hard to be the best, she tends to get jealous of others’ abilities very easily. Because of this, she sometimes leaves a bad impression on others. Carena looks up to Lisbet and Rosa, and she secretly envies the enormous amounts of praise that Belta recieves.”

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I think that this is the first time I have ever seen Sacchito do any attacks. She just hates attacking when she doesn't have any clones.

And once again, Sacchito's name is based on one of the Zodiac constellations. In this case, she is named after Sagittarius.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Not even the game's pretending Wilmgard's the good guy anymore. Just...just genocide that race, no big deal man.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

Blaze Dragon posted:

Not even the game's pretending Wilmgard's the good guy anymore. Just...just genocide that race, no big deal man.

I think it would've been appropriate to have a cutscene in which we see the barrier go down (after we kill Sacchito), then monsters beam in and kill some Tiamats to drive the point home. I wonder why they didn't provide one, it's not like the game makers would've been like "can't do that, it's too dark"...

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
:siren::siren:UPDATE: Scene 42: The Princess' Pride:siren::siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yfw7h51ac8

Enite Toro Eh Keilos of the 6th Order

“I’ve never stood out much, anyway.”
Class: Dueslit
Atlus.com say this of Enite:
”A girlish knight who looks upon Algiery with the utmost adoration and respect. Her loyalty to her order is unfaltering.”
Crimson Frost
“She is a seductive woman who is direct with her emotions and her words. Enite idolizes Algiery, and distrusts anyone who does not like the young General. She has known Amalgun since childhood, but recently, the two have had their differences. Enite is also friends with Hydrick, and she worries about him constantly.”

Boss fight from last time: Devout Sacchtio

Illustrator Kiyuduki posted:

Sacchito was one of my first boss character designs, and I spent awhile trying to plan how she’d move and how her cards would look.

Game Designer Ito posted:

We gave this character cards which weren’t intended to be used as game mechanics at all but which were just simply accessories. Instead, I really wanted her to use some type of illusion ability to protect the Sanctuary, and I imagined the cards fluttering around as her bullets.

HaroldofTheRock fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Apr 3, 2016

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Please stop calling them laminas. There's no N in lamia, and I don't think they're meant to be laminated. :laugh:

Also, I'm of two minds about Algiery's death. On the one hand, poor Algiery. :( On the other, ooooh we probably get her as a knight. :neckbeard: Please tell me you'll use her a bit.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Sacchito just said that the reports were unverified. She probably heard an angel did both and assumed it had to be the same one. After all, if you see two angels flying high in the sky, you likely haven't seen enough detail to tell them apart.

Felinoid posted:

Also, I'm of two minds about Algiery's death. On the one hand, poor Algiery. :( On the other, ooooh we probably get her as a knight. :neckbeard: Please tell me you'll use her a bit.

She is the best Priestess in the game, and is in the perfect position to hit almost everything at once. Why would he switch out to an inferior Priestess?

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

BlazeEmblem posted:

She is the best Priestess in the game, and is in the perfect position to hit almost everything at once. Why would he switch out to an inferior Priestess?

I meant even after the mission we get her in.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

Felinoid posted:

Please stop calling them laminas. There's no N in lamia, and I don't think they're meant to be laminated. :laugh:

Ahh poo poo, I didn't even realize I was doing that! :negative:

Yep, we'll test out Algiery. I'm sure Lyzz and Rosa won't mind if we put her in the rotation. We'll get some pause talks out of her, and as mentioned, she is the best priestess in the game.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Sacchito just said that the reports were unverified. She probably heard an angel did both and assumed it had to be the same one. After all, if you see two angels flying high in the sky, you likely haven't seen enough detail to tell them apart.

Sure, that's a pretty reasonable assumption. It's kind of fun to wonder how they got this information at all, like who reported that the king was killed by an angel? I suppose the Tiamats heard from Algiery.

Earlier we saw a present day cutscene (so of course it was set chronologically after this flashback) in which a member of the Tiamat council stated that "the one from Asgard who came to help us has been overtaken by the power of the Underworld..." But we know the angel wasn't sent to help them, she was sent to blow up the tower...

Anyway it's fun to see this stuff and follow their train of thought. If they're saying things like "the angel was going to help us" then I guess they haven't figured out TOWER = GET PUNISHED. Yet in that same conversation they express concern over the god's reaction to the tower. That scene is in video 39 if anyone's interested. Or you can use my super poorly organized plot spreadsheet shitshow and read the transcript (Scene 35 Pre Cutscene 2 notes).

I didn't even really address the previous tower in the LP because I don't have much (if any) information on it, but the fact that it was tried before surely has implications on what the Tiamats expected this time. Hell I don't know what they're thinking.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

HaroldofTheRock posted:

I didn't even really address the previous tower in the LP because I don't have much (if any) information on it, but the fact that it was tried before surely has implications on what the Tiamats expected this time. Hell I don't know what they're thinking.

Remember that while the Tiamats did help them, to hopefully reap the benefits from Asgard's intervention, the towers were built by the Mehse. The Mehse likely figured "we have already been cursed with immortality while continuing to age, it's not like they could give us a worse punishment". They figured that Asgard might listen to them this time, as they have been punished once for the tower, so Asgard should try to find out why they would build another one - maybe they could finally tell Asgard how horrible they are being oppressed and have Asgard do something.

Of course, this was never a good idea, because Asgard is being run by jerks who don't care about lesser beings.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
:siren::siren:UPDATE: Scene 43: The Witch's Vexation:siren::siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz3FfB3WgSY

Lucia Riese Eh Krauz of the 6th Order

“Lady Algiery was framed! She has done no wrong!”
Class: Hermit
Atlus.com say this of Lucia:
”Despite her figure, Lucia has been known to eat and drink in excess. She and Legro are often found working together.”
Alluring Angel
“As someone who tends to blend in rather than stand out, she became a perfect candidate for espionage missions. Lucia is known for having a large appetite, and the only person she is exceptionally close to is Legro. She was assigned to track General Algiery’s movements, but her adoration for her commander has left her feeling conflicted...”

Lucia, along with Marion, found the corpse of the prince after we killed him.

HaroldofTheRock fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 28, 2016

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

At the start of the video, I managed to confuse Algiery for Alier and wondered for a couple seconds when the heck Yelma nuked the Tiamat princess. :saddowns: This made me realize that Algiery is literally just Alier with a G added in the middle and a Y tacked on the end. All these random NPCs with names and backstories and they can't come up with different looking names for two vital plot characters? :psyduck:

Also, how many stages are left? If it's only about ten or so, I'd like to put in a vote for Algiery to be used in every stage. Both because she apparently kicks a lot of rear end and because I'm a sucker for couples fighting side by side. :3:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

For all this stress on horns and wings being important to the Tiamats, neither Ahzan nor Alier have any wings. I guess it's the horns that are really important.

Edit:

Felinoid posted:

Also, how many stages are left? If it's only about ten or so, I'd like to put in a vote for Algiery to be used in every stage. Both because she apparently kicks a lot of rear end and because I'm a sucker for couples fighting side by side. :3:

Including the Alier fight? 4.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

Felinoid posted:

At the start of the video, I managed to confuse Algiery for Alier and wondered for a couple seconds when the heck Yelma nuked the Tiamat princess. :saddowns: This made me realize that Algiery is literally just Alier with a G added in the middle and a Y tacked on the end. All these random NPCs with names and backstories and they can't come up with different looking names for two vital plot characters? :psyduck:
To be fair, I should've made a point to refer to Alier as "Princess Alier" to help with that...

quote:

...I'd like to put in a vote for Algiery to be used in every stage. Both because she apparently kicks a lot of rear end and because I'm a sucker for couples fighting side by side. :3:

Haha, I'll meet you halfway. We'll use Algiery as our only Priestess from now on...but only when the situation calls for a Priestess ;)

BlazeEmblem posted:

For all this stress on horns and wings being important to the Tiamats, neither Ahzan nor Alier have any wings. I guess it's the horns that are really important.

Yeah it's kind of strange how they handled the Tiamats. We've see a fair number of NPC Tiamats with their horns and wings:

However we've had some cutscenes where they've used the Nameless Knight (aka generic) portraits for Tiamats, without any edits:

Neither Azhan's sprite or portrait have wings:

As for Algiery, her Tiamat portrait does show wings, but part of them are cropped out:

But as for her sprite in the cutscene:

ZOOM! ENHANCE!

Yeah, no wings.

It's so strange...I'm really reluctant to use the term "lazy"; this game has shitloads of NPCs, recruitable knights, and story characters with unique portraits...why cut corners with the species noted for their physical characteristics?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

HaroldofTheRock posted:

ZOOM! ENHANCE!

Yeah, no wings.

I can forgive this one instance, because she is just using an NPC sprite to represent her. It think it was used by Aura? I don't remember, but I know it had been used before. It's clearly not supposed to be her, as she doesn't have a bow in her portrait, and it looks big enough to show up on her portrait.

As for the sprites, they have never really been customized for each character, so it makes sense not to have wings on them. The only custom sprites are: the bosses, Ahzan, King Wilmgard, prince Nordich in the one flashback, Gunther before he snapped, and another character I won't spoil. The rest of them are generic. As Ahzan and Alier don't have wings despite having custom sprites, clearly they are not supposed to have wings for some reason.

The Tiamat soldiers not having wings in their portraits are the one thing I can't explain.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

BlazeEmblem posted:

I can forgive this one instance, because she is just using an NPC sprite to represent her. It think it was used by Aura?

:stare:

Aura, from Scene 17:

(sorry for the obstructed view; the only footage I had with her silhouette filled in was when I gave her the key item)

Algiery:

So a little bit different, but clearly made off the same base model, which was probably "Female Sprite A.PNG" But I have to ask, how the hell did you remember Aura (and correctly identify her sprite being common with Algiery)? Dang.

I didn't talk about Alier in my previous post because I was going to hold off until after the boss fight, but honestly it's more appropriate to mention it now rather than wait. After boss fights, I usually post some images/artwork of the boss. As I'm sure you're aware, some of Alier's concept art shows her from behind, and nope, no wings. Quite blatantly:

And, of course, in game:

It was toward the end of the design phase when we decided on how Tiamats should look. As such, it took a lot of trial and error to ensure that the size of the wings wouldn't interfere with all the human-sized characters we'd already finalized.

Or, you know, we could just not worry about the wings at all I guess.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

HaroldofTheRock posted:

:stare:

Aura, from Scene 17:

(sorry for the obstructed view; the only footage I had with her silhouette filled in was when I gave her the key item)

Algiery:

So a little bit different, but clearly made off the same base model, which was probably "Female Sprite A.PNG" But I have to ask, how the hell did you remember Aura (and correctly identify her sprite being common with Algiery)? Dang.

If you really must know...

I didn't - I mixed her up with Maimi, from chapter 7. She is Baltar's daughter, and has a big bow on her portrait. For some reason, when I think of her portrait, I think her name is Aura, a friend of hers. Not that it matters - I just looked at the chapter 7 fight, and she clearly doesn't have Algiery's sprite. But she should.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

What I noticed is that Ahzan's name is inconsistent. He's always referred to as Azhan, Z before H, but his own textboxes refer to him as Ahzan, H before Z. How odd.

About the wings, maybe they're kept below clothes if they're small enough. The tiamat wings don't look particularly strong to begin with even in the ones that have visible ones, so they might be vestigial.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
:siren::siren:UPDATE: Scene 44: Distant Memories. Clash with the Princess Alier:siren::siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwPTZgi7UqA

Knights we recruited last time
Algiery Merza Ectole of the 6th Order

“I’ve lost my home and even my love…What is my purpose now?”
Class: Priestess
Atlus.com say this of Algiery:
”The commander of the 6th Order, placed in this charge by King Wilmgard himself. She is exceptionally talented and known for her kindness, beauty, and speed. It is said she and the king were romantically involved.”
Devoted Guardian
“She is a compassionate and talented knight who climbed the ranks at an impressive speed. Her beauty and personality have helped her gain the trust of many of the knights, and she leads the 6th Order as fairly and justly as she knows how. Algiery’s love for the King drives her to succeed in everything she does, and she considers General Frabela to be a close friend.”

Yavuz Rolef Walesner of the 3rd Order

Class: Wizard
Atlus.com say this of Yavuz:
No Entry!
Constant Scholar
“He is a conflicted intellectual, and although he acts tough and cold, he is deeply concerned for the people around him. He is reluctant to pry into other people’s personal lives, and in battle, he is always calm and rational. Yavuz was ordered by Yelma to track General Algiery, but he has moral reservations with carrying out this mission…”

Blaze Dragon posted:

What I noticed is that Ahzan's name is inconsistent. He's always referred to as Azhan, Z before H, but his own textboxes refer to him as Ahzan, H before Z. How odd.

About the wings, maybe they're kept below clothes if they're small enough. The tiamat wings don't look particularly strong to begin with even in the ones that have visible ones, so they might be vestigial.

I would never have noticed Ahzan's name inconsistency, but now that you've pointed it out, yeah...that is a weird oversight.

That's a rational explanation for the wings, but it's still really strange they didn't just put in a throwaway line to explain it away. Ah well.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

So, we finally fight Alier. Not much to say about the fight, but she is our final boss named after the zodiac signs - she is Aries. Let's face it - they were really stretching it to have the bosses be named after the zodiac, because none of them make any sense.

Also,

The Gentlemieu posted:

They're jealous of his awesome beard and want to wear it themselves, obviously. And you're welcome for that mental image.

Congratulations on getting it right :v:!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Well at least Algiery and the King are together at last, even if the circumstancess are quite strange.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

What the flying gently caress, Ahzhzhzhan. "If we burn it, that could be seen as destroying evidence. So let's just keep it and hide it! It remaining in our knowing possession doesn't look suspicious at all!" :downs:

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
:siren::siren:UPDATE: Scene 45: An Ambition to Transcend All:siren::siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idOVgqKIWw4

Marion Mel Zweig of the 8th Order

“I shall cut down the foes of our kingdom, or be cut down by them. I accept either.”
Class: Lance Knight
Atlus.com say this of Marion:
”An elegant officer of the 8th Order, Marion commands even Vishna’s respect, and returns it in some capacity. She regrets the state of affairs in the world.”
Slender Thorn
“She is an elegant but powerful knight that even General Vishna holds in high regard. She has a strong hatred for war and is worried about the state of the kingdom. Therefore, she is not happy with her orders to keep an eye on Yelma and kill her at the first sign of suspicious activity. Marion has known Annalot since they went to school together.”

Marion, along with Lucia, found the corpse of the prince after we killed him.

Boss fight from last time: Princess Alier

It was toward the end of the design phase when we decided on how Tiamats should look. As such, it took a lot of trial and error to ensure that the size of the wings wouldn’t interfere with all the human-sized characters we’d already finalized.

Illustrator Tobe posted:

When I submitted my first rough draft of her, it was rejected. I was told to add more decorations to make her look more like royalty. All I did was a wrap her horns with lace and thicken her makeup, though, because she already had so many decorations. I was disappointed I couldn't add more.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

I'll let you cover Marietta and the Rocking Red Cloak, so I will focus on Yelma.

We finally see that the body of the Arbitrator does have some power, as Yelma was able to feel it, but it seems that only the King is worthy of using it - I assume Zolgonark can also use it, but isn't considered worthy of it - he is just strong enough to use it freely. Imagine what Wilmgard could be capable of if he gets his body back - he would definitely be able to keep Asgard and the Underworld in check, which is what the Arbitrator was supposed to do.

As for not fighting Yelma as a boss, the game had been hinting at it all along - all of the bosses were named after the Zodiac signs, (with Zolgonark clearly being named after the Zodiac itself) with the exception of Mellisa, who is clearly supposed to be special, as you fight her multiple times; and Vienna, who is also supposed to be special, seeing as you fight her directly after another boss fight, but that didn't really come across very well.. Yelma is not named after a sign, hinting at her lack of a fight. However, the Vienna fight made the clue less obvious, so during the game it is easy to assume that you will fight Yelma.

Huh, I guess the Zodiac names had some point after all. But a little girl who stood in our way ruined it for everyone.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Children getting in our way and making things worse? I never knew this was the Drakengard spinoff :v:

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
:siren:Bonus video talking about the Rockin' Red Cloak::siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb78fH--WpY

BlazeEmblem posted:

I'll let you cover Marietta and the Rocking Red Cloak, so I will focus on Yelma.

We finally see that the body of the Arbitrator does have some power, as Yelma was able to feel it, but it seems that only the King is worthy of using it - I assume Zolgonark can also use it, but isn't considered worthy of it - he is just strong enough to use it freely. Imagine what Wilmgard could be capable of if he gets his body back - he would definitely be able to keep Asgard and the Underworld in check, which is what the Arbitrator was supposed to do.

As for not fighting Yelma as a boss, the game had been hinting at it all along - all of the bosses were named after the Zodiac signs, (with Zolgonark clearly being named after the Zodiac itself) with the exception of Mellisa, who is clearly supposed to be special, as you fight her multiple times; and Vienna, who is also supposed to be special, seeing as you fight her directly after another boss fight, but that didn't really come across very well.. Yelma is not named after a sign, hinting at her lack of a fight. However, the Vienna fight made the clue less obvious, so during the game it is easy to assume that you will fight Yelma.

Huh, I guess the Zodiac names had some point after all. But a little girl who stood in our way ruined it for everyone.

First off, I won't really address Marietta's larger role until much later, after the LP and when I make the final bonus video. So please, feel free to talk about it now if you wish (just be sure to label spoilers for other Dept Heaven games, of course).

I would never have put together the Zodiac thing! I know I was certainly surprised and bemused when Zolgonark killed Yelma first time I played through. Fitting that she was undone by her own hubris.

I didn't talk about it very much in the video but I do find it interesting that we were able to recruit a Tiamat soldier. Waaay back in the thread we had a discussion about whether or not the knights knew they were dead, and if they understood what was happening when they got recruited and fought for the wisp. I think we've seen a range of awareness in the knights, but I would expect Dosika to want no part whatsoever with Wilmgard. However he doesn't react with "holy poo poo gently caress you", so I guess he's one of the lesser aware knights. Still puts a focus back on the fact that none of these knights have a choice in the matter.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
:siren::siren:UPDATE: Scene 46: The Arbitrator's Destiny. Clash with the Dark King Zolgonark:siren::siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-32o0esNW4c

Dosika Donia Ultina of the Tiamats

Class: Archer
Atlus.com say this of Dosika:
No entry!
Storm Speaker
“He is a Tiamat soldier who trained with Partha under Gordon. While not as strong as Yuga, Dosika makes up for it with keen strategy and finesse on the battlefield. He struggles tirelessly to end war and spread a message of peace and love.”
*As mentioned, Dosika is a Tiamat (and therefore should loving hate us), which leads one to think about the nature of knight recruitment…

:siren:Special note: I'm planning on a large amount of footage for the next update. It may be later than usual, sorry if that happens.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I fully expected Zolgonark's second phase because otherwise the 20 turn limit felt far too high, even for a fight with two reviving enemies and a third that can only be attacked if the other two are dead. That said I didn't expect it to be that...gimmicky. Nonetheless that looked like a really unique fight, and I liked it. Would've made a good ending, but there's still Mel...whatever, Melissa MkII.

Also I have no idea why they bothered giving Maria a second portrait here.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Zolgonark, you are supposed to get stronger when you lose health, not weaker.

I guess the point of his second form's rage move is to force you to lose turns, are he will likely recover his body after a set number of turns, but I have never seen him do it. I have no idea how long it is supposed to take.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Hmm, not saving after Zolgonark to show multiple endings? I'd guess then that giving his corpse the Soul Crucible was the trigger for, well, something. Perhaps he's just banished? Or maybe he's the controlling force within the final boss?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

NGDBSS posted:

I'd guess then that giving his corpse the Soul Crucible was the trigger for, well, something.

Giving key items to bosses only affects their rage meter. Nothing else. It's just that the soul fight is considered a different boss fight than the main body, so the speed of the rage meter is reset.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
That is correct. It would have made an interesting angle for the key items to affect story...like maybe send you down a different path if you give someone the right item.

Anyway, what happened in the video was, I actually did save after Zolgonark, but then when leaving the inventory screen you get asked again to save, which I declined. So we're post Zolgonark, poised to start the next fight, but I can still make changes to personnel before going into the final battle. That is the key to one of the ending variations... ;)

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
Just an update on the LP. All footage is recorded (finally), will start editing this week.

There is a bonus video of Zolgonark's attacks coming, then the next Scene. It's a funny feeling; this LP is finally winding down :unsmith:

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Be glad man, you're going to put one of the most unique titles in the DS system in the archive.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, hopefully it's archive worthy. I'll need to clean up the OP and do some other chores before I submit.

Anyway, here's a bonus video of the Zolgonark fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un_rP2dIlNk

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Yeah, hopefully it's archive worthy. I'll need to clean up the OP and do some other chores before I submit.

There aren't really quality controls for the LP Archive. The only requirements are that it be something from SA, in something resembling a finished state I think, and with a bit of effort put in to make it so Baldurk can save himself a bunch of work with import templates or something. (E: And of course has to be actually requested by someone, whether the author or a reader.) Now obviously the more effort you put into making it easier for Baldurk to put into the archive, the better, since he does good work for us all and could use any breaks we can give him. But if you're at all worried about it being "rejected" for any real or perceived flaws in the LP itself, you can relax.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Am I the only one that finds Zolgonark's open mouth animation weird? It's like the perspective the spriters attempted fails badly, making him look like a cyclops.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
:siren::siren:UPDATE: Scene 47: Law and Chaos. Clash with Melad Margus:siren::siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlhKmZxTw_g
:siren::siren:

And then...

:siren::siren:The endings:siren::siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRFjyeLG-JM
:siren::siren:

:toot:
:toot:
Download the Knights in the Nightmare Soundtrack:
http://timetopaytheprice.com/files/KitN soundtrack.rar <----Left click this!
This is the PSP version of the soundtrack. In any videos where I had a slide show thing with game music in the background, I used songs from this version of the soundtrack. I'd name favorites, but I'd end up listing them all.

Felinoid posted:

There aren't really quality controls for the LP Archive. The only requirements are that it be something from SA, in something resembling a finished state I think, and with a bit of effort put in to make it so Baldurk can save himself a bunch of work with import templates or something. (E: And of course has to be actually requested by someone, whether the author or a reader.) Now obviously the more effort you put into making it easier for Baldurk to put into the archive, the better, since he does good work for us all and could use any breaks we can give him. But if you're at all worried about it being "rejected" for any real or perceived flaws in the LP itself, you can relax.

Ah that's good to know, thanks. I'll definitely look into making it as painless as possible for Baldurk.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Am I the only one that finds Zolgonark's open mouth animation weird? It's like the perspective the spriters attempted fails badly, making him look like a cyclops.

Yeah I always had a hard time with that one:

HaroldofTheRock fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Download the Knights in the Nightmare Soundtrack:

Is this the one with the sound glitch at the end of some of the later tracks? Or is this a cleaner rip of the OST?

• Locked thread