Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Yes, this is a question, what should I do while I don't know what to do with my life. I'm in school, will graduate in May. I know I should look for jobs that seem (sort of?) interesting. But surely there must be a more active way for me to figure out what I want to do with my life, and what are things I should be doing as I coast through the uncertainty? I mean I should save and learn to budget yes. But this is kind of vague. Can I get more specific answers to my own vague question? Are there certain opportunities I should check out? Military, Teaching English Abroad? Other cool things that offer some experience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."

moana posted:

It's almost like you should have spent the past four years figuring that poo poo out. Did you actually get a degree in basket weaving or do you have any sorts of skills that people would pay for? Maybe go to your school's career center and ask them for help?

also http://www.paulgraham.com/love.html

I do have a marketable skill. I am receiving a B.A in Computer Science. Which my career center is pretty bad counseling for. I mean, I guess I know things I enjoy. I do enjoy programming, and helping people, and art and politics? I would like to travel (doesn't everyone?) At this point, I'm probably going to get a job I can do for 2 or 3 years and then hop onto something else. But if I'm not dedicated to a particular job title, are there any jobs that a lot of people take when they are unsure of their future, but is also a valuable experience?

• Locked thread