Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

katlington posted:

SJW really is just "PC gone mad" for the 21st century, isn't it?
Pretty much. It's still the same movement for equality with the same morons riding its coattails power-tripping over urinals and having endless phraseology debates.

The obvious bathroom solution is to just have a single poo poo-filled trench out back that all people are welcome to piss in/get cholera from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 minutes!

Chamale posted:

But it's stupid in this context, because sex is not gender and this is actively inconvenient to everyone with a penis.

There's like three trans women or gq people with a penis I've ever known who'd be willing to use a urinal and most of them would only do so when drunk as hell. Y'all are real bad at coming up with real objections to something that was almost certainly done so that women would be comfortable using this unisex restroom.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Who the gently caress gets offended at the presence of a urinal in a unisex bathroom

Besides you I mean

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
Hey OP can we get some kind of context on this image? Because the only thing I can find is a bunch of Reddit MRA's making the same kind of huff-and-puffery about how they'd rip apart the plastic and stick their dick in to show those SJW College Womyn Liberals who's boss of the bathroom. :jerkbag:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Lyesh posted:

Y'all are real bad at coming up with real objections to something that was almost certainly done so that women would be comfortable using this unisex restroom.

But they already could? Whether the dude in there pissing is in the next stall over or at the urinal, there's a wall or door between you if you're the lady in the stall. And the dudes in there don't give a poo poo. Happens all the time already at like sporting events and such.

Lyesh
Apr 9, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 minutes!

ReidRansom posted:

But they already could? Whether the dude in there pissing is in the next stall over or at the urinal, there's a wall or door between you if you're the lady in the stall. And the dudes in there don't give a poo poo. Happens all the time already at like sporting events and such.

If you're the lady waiting for the stall, it's certainly off-putting to have a line of dudes pissing right in front of you. And urinals without dividers between them usually don't have any divider from the rest of the restroom.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Lyesh posted:

If you're the lady waiting for the stall, it's certainly off-putting to have a line of dudes pissing right in front of you. And urinals without dividers between them usually don't have any divider from the rest of the restroom.

Maybe you could try getting over yourself and accepting that seeing a stranger's dick in a bathroom will not in fact bring the world to a crashing halt.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

LemonDrizzle posted:

Maybe you could try getting over yourself and accepting that seeing a stranger's dick in a bathroom will not in fact bring the world to a crashing halt.
As a dude with over two decades of urinal-pissing experience I can confidently say that if you see a stranger's dick at the urinals it's because you're in there checkin' out dicks.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I sit down when I pee. There ain't nothing wrong with me. I'm just taking a whiz, mind your own biz, why's everybody always staring at me?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
yes I think having uni-sex bathrooms on campus in american universities that are notorious for sexual assaults, rape we should encourage women and men to be in the same space where the dudes are getting their dicks out with women walking, by this will not be problematic at all.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Lyesh posted:

I get the argument, but to me that seems to be evidence in favor of separate bathrooms, or at least single-occupant restrooms.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Yeah, that sounds like her hangup, not mine. Like I said, I (and probably most men) would be OK pissing on a wall outside if that was the designated place to do so. The fact that there's a room for men to go piss away from public view is a courtesy to those women (and some men i guess) who don't want to see it, and now they want to come in there, well fine, but don't come into a place where men get their dicks out and them complain about all the dicks.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I sit down when I pee. There ain't nothing wrong with me. I'm just taking a whiz, mind your own biz, why's everybody always staring at me?

Limerick aside, unironically this, for toilet-only situations. It's more sanitary, and sitting is relaxing. If they'd torn the urinals out of the wall that would have been weird and stupid but whatever. But I really need someone to explain to me what the point of this was.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lyesh posted:

They didn't HAVE to do that, they just chose to do that instead of taking the budget from prestige construction projects or something.

Can't. Construction budgets are separate and often paid for from bond measures specifically earmarking funds for construction only.
I mean you are right it could've technically come from some other discretionary thing like TA pay, or call stations.

Everything has to come at the cost of something else. Net benefit wise I just don't think adding a third restroom for xim and xer beats other alternatives. Or hell using the same money on programs that reduce rape or physical abuse of students for their differences.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

JFairfax fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 12, 2014

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

I travel around to universities and put the signs on urinals to raise awareness.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

JFairfax posted:

yes I think having uni-sex bathrooms on campus in american universities that are notorious for sexual assaults, rape we should encourage women and men to be in the same space where the dudes are getting their dicks out with women walking, by this will not be problematic at all.

Yes we should fight rape with signs that say "Penises not allowed here" because rapists are well-known for respecting "no"

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

VitalSigns posted:

Yes we should fight rape with signs that say "Penises not allowed here" because rapists are well-known for respecting "no"

I think you misunderstand the point.

if there is a unisex bathroom with urinals it will be a lot more intimidating for women, because dudes can 'accidentally' flash their meat to chicks.

and if you don't understand that then well I don't know what to tell you.

I don't have a problem with uni-sex bathrooms, but american 'bro' students just love to rape and sexually assault women so I think it's best to take precautions to avoid that.

also urinals are actually pretty great because they're quick, boom in out shake it all about and out without wiping your hands. efficiency, that's my mission see.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
This thread should be bronzed and preserved for eternity.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

JFairfax posted:

if there is a unisex bathroom with urinals it will be a lot more intimidating for women, because dudes can 'accidentally' flash their meat to chicks.

I don't have a problem with uni-sex bathrooms, but american 'bro' students just love to rape and sexually assault women so I think it's best to take precautions to avoid that.

also urinals are actually pretty great because they're quick, boom in out shake it all about and out without wiping your hands. efficiency, that's my mission see.

So what's magically stopping these bros from flashing and raping women outside of unisex bathrooms?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

JFairfax posted:

If people are concerned about a lady seeing a dick, whether intentional or unintentional, then maybe we're not ready for unisex bathrooms

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

So what's magically stopping these bros from flashing and raping women outside of unisex bathrooms?

nothing at all.

but maybe considering that at a minimum 65% of all american college girls will be sexually assaulted it would be nice if they could have a safe space to piss and poo poo without guys flashing their dicks around and triggering their ptsd

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Davethulhu posted:

If people are concerned about a lady seeing a dick, whether intentional or unintentional, then maybe we're not ready for unisex bathrooms

it's about choice. ladies should choose to see dicks, not have them thrust down their throats

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Who What Now posted:

hopefully those mandatory classes on how not to rape people and states passing laws about consent, because if the historical data is to believed not much else

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
seems very inconsiderate of those people whoever they are to block off toilet facilities. guess id shake my head and go back to fleeing security because im not a student

I mean it seems like a silly idea to turn the bathroom with specific dude facilities into a unisex one if unisex means getting rid of urinals since theres a ladies room that doesnt have them. just my 2 cebts!!

E: woops my bad this isnt the 'bis!

ContinuityNewTimes fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Nov 13, 2014

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

JFairfax posted:

nothing at all.

but maybe considering that at a minimum 65% of all american college girls will be sexually assaulted it would be nice if they could have a safe space to piss and poo poo without guys flashing their dicks around and triggering their ptsd

It would be nice if women could stay inside all the time unless under the protection of their men, but I guess you MRA PUA types don't agree with a little book called THE QURAN

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

LemonDrizzle posted:

If the urinals were broken, the sign would probably say that rather than waffling on about the bathroom being "gender non-specific" (seriously, why not use the much less clunky "unisex" ?)

Sex is a dirty word, also something something privilege.

In summary,

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Mildly inconveniencing people they don't like is pretty much all the retarded SJW pseudo-protest movement is good at.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I'd piss in the sink.

a classic protest pissing move

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

JawKnee posted:

a classic protest pissing move

no it's just more efficient, like the shower. self flushing and self cleaning

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Lyesh posted:

I recommend those ladies never ever go camping where there are dudes then because we generally don't leave the campsite or go more than 10 feet from the tent to piss

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Lyesh posted:

Y'all are real bad at coming up with real objections to something that was almost certainly done so that women would be comfortable using this unisex restroom.

If they had also made the women's room unisex and let men piss in there to make up for the reduced capacity in the men's room, I suppose you might have a point. Want to place some odds on how likely it is that's the case?

Jawknee posted:

I recommend those ladies never ever go camping where there are dudes then because we generally don't leave the campsite or go more than 10 feet from the tent to piss
When I go camping it's generally with friends. When I piss in a public bathroom it's generally with the public.

Personally I don't really care who does or does not see my junk, but the comparison you're trying to make is bad and you are bad for making it.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
Also, as a male, I strongly object to the whole idea of unisex bathrooms. I see what the line outside the ladies room is like, and they can keep that for themselves.

If people want to make extra bathrooms, unisex or otherwise, so be it.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 13, 2014

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
To answer your question OP, I would start gathering supplies to carbomb the local GSA and hit-and-run any possible homosexuals alone on the sidewalks.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Effectronica posted:

To answer your question OP, I would start gathering supplies to carbomb the local GSA and hit-and-run any possible homosexuals alone on the sidewalks.

this is your most reasonable post of 2014, honestly.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tim Raines IRL posted:

Also, as a male, I strongly object to the whole idea of unisex bathrooms. I see what the line outside the ladies room is like, and they can keep that for themselves.

If people want to make extra bathrooms, unisex or otherwise, so be it.

:qq: Won't someone please think of the poor men?! :qq:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I like that the overwrought 'but no see women are frail delicate flowers who MUST be guarded from the chance of donger' is just support for why apparently we still need 2 bathrooms.

Unisex bathrooms are cool, and almost all of them I've been in have had a couple urinals. Know why? They keep the lines moving faster, if I can piss in a urinal I'm not taking up a stall so when a woman, who doesn't have the option, comes in there's less people in front of her for stalls.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Was it ever revealed where its from and why it was?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Who What Now posted:

:qq: Won't someone please think of the poor men?! :qq:

You don't get how this whole power imbalance thing works, do you? Of course male needs will be considered in any decision making process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

katlington posted:

Was it ever revealed where its from and why it was?

I found it making the rounds on 4chan.

• Locked thread