Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
just wanna say that while sega has done (a lot) of really stupid poo poo over the years sonic boom the game was made by ex naughty dog ppl and not sonic team so they can't really be held 100% responsible for it being total garbage

also that monkey target is the true mans monkey ball multiplayer mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Oh man both games are good

frustrating as poo poo but good

and decent multiplayer yes

just tilt the stage all the way forward and let the chips fall where they may

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
i just woke up and it turns out this is still a good game

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Monkey Ball 2 was extremely good and in every way an improvement on the first. Beating Master Level within 5 lives is still a point of pride for me.

Too bad every one they made afterwards was pretty much dogshit

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I've never played any of the monkey balls but they look like fun. Reminds of Billy Hatcher for some reason, even though they are nothing alike.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

g0lbez posted:

who else remembers 8 bracelets

i will never forget

Qwazes
Sep 29, 2014
Fun Shoe
Nah, the original was so much better than 2, it's not even funny. 2 relies almost entirely on gimmick levels, but 1 was straight up challenge.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Qwazes posted:

Nah, the original was so much better than 2, it's not even funny. 2 relies almost entirely on gimmick levels, but 1 was straight up challenge.

1 was literally a port of an arcade game and the level design shows it in that you basically won't be able to finish expert until you unlock unlimited continues

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I also like this game enough to actually beat it legit, got to the special gamecube level and everything. I think by that point I had 99 lives though.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
The hardest level was the one with the Giant Swing

It was called Giant Swing

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Valex posted:

The hardest level was the one with the Giant Swing

It was called Giant Swing

this is Giant Swing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68XzjmCrXuw

apparently you've forgotten about Dizzy System https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vUMYWz2RPg

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Gimbal lock posted:

Monkeyball 2 was the best Monkeyball and an all around great game but the first one had a couple of things going for it: It didn't have as many gimmick levels that aimed for form over function, and monkey target was cooler.

I actually really liked the gimmick levels in monkey ball 2. There's something fun about being a small monkey in a ball that gets sent flying at 999mph by gigantic zooming around abstract parts literally bigger than skyscrapers

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

These games are pretty good on mobile platforms because you tilt the whole device to tilt the world. They're also great for very short bursts.

The new one is a bad peggle clone though.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Heran Bago posted:

These games are pretty good on mobile platforms because you tilt the whole device to tilt the world. They're also great for very short bursts.

The new one is a bad peggle clone though.

leave this thread immediately

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I'd always bring my gamecube home for the holidays and play monkey target with my family. I would pay for a whole monkey target game like it was done in monkey ball 2. just listen to this loving chill music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCVI95S1t9M&list=PL731FB731C8B2C019&index=21

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
This is a game where you get eaten by a whale that's eaten entire cities and then afterwards your stages take place entirely over a washing machine

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvaZ8KhaAhY

This Stage Was Easy. The First Time I Saw It, I Beat It On My Third Try. (I CAPS All The First Letter Of All Words On Purpose LOL)

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I'm incredibly drunk and I just checked the charts and graphs and... turns out this is still a good game actually.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I never played the second one but I loved the first. Also the arcade controlled with a banana, how could you not love that?

I may have to pick up a copy of 2 now g0lbez, simply due to you championing it.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

PleasingFungus posted:

I'm sorry, did you mean: Monkey Target.

Seriously the best party game of all time.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

remember when they made that weird adventure game? poo poo was hosed up.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

88h88 posted:

I never played the second one but I loved the first. Also the arcade controlled with a banana, how could you not love that?

I may have to pick up a copy of 2 now g0lbez, simply due to you championing it.

I'm gonna stick that banana up my rear end in a top hat

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011
Super Monkey Ball 2 is far more terrifying than any horror game.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
i was thinking of playing this game earlier but i played smash instead

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I agree with whoever said that monkey target is the best party game of all time

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

great. now my enjoyment of the supermonkey ball franchise has been ruined due to insane drugged up psychos with terrible byob avatars. fuk you all

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
monkey baseball was loving horseshit, you could just bean the batter and it would be counted as a strike and there was nothing the batter could do to stop it

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

super monkey balls
they're really hairy
super monkey balls
they're kinda scary

-tommy tallarico

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skull wall
Jul 29, 2012

monkey target is so good w/ yer drunken pals, no Gamer should be without