Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
SMB2 is great but I'm torn whether the crazy moving stages are better than the slightly less crazy stages in the original. It certainly makes sense for a sequel, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

g0lbez posted:

this stage is called uhh... BIRTH *blocks fly out from every loving weird angle and you're expected to maneuver past them all*

Like the speedruns show in a lot of them it's pretty much about finding the one block to bounce off and reach the exit immediately.

That's kinda why I'm torn. In the original there were many stages that had that as a solution, but it was like a lateral thinking puzzle after you'd already beaten the stage the straightforward way. In SMB2 it seems more like a requirement.

That or I loving suck at SMB2 since basically I played through the story mode and then didn't play much after that.

The audacity of some of the stages is goddamn hilarious, though. I love when game designers are clearly loving with the player.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Monkey Target is great and I never actually got very good at it.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
It's been a while since I played so yeah I might not know wtf I'm talking about.

The video player buttons are a nice gimmick.

• Locked thread