Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
This is my favorite game to play while on copious amounts of drugs because it's trippy as gently caress and has an awesome soundtrack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKAp3x5Wcvs

discuss this poo poo and lament about how amusement vision is dead and we will never get another awesome monkey ball or f-zero game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Sir John Feelgood posted:

What is the best one of these? I've never played them.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

What about the ones ennui?

idk what that means but 2 is the best

it just sticks you in weird trippy levels like this

and says good luck. and you'll need it cuz it's loving hard

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Sorry, that was my cool way of saying "on Wii."

ok that's a very cool way of saying it but what's not cool is that any monkey ball that is not called super monkey ball or super monkey ball 2 is complete dog poo poo which includes every monkey ball for the wii or any monkey that's not on gamecube hth

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
why is nobody busting in to defend super monkey ball 2 with me. i thought imp zone was the place where people liked good games

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
<super monkey ball 2> this stage is called uhh... fluctuation i guess. here's some trippy music and things flying everywhere. good luck fucker

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
anybody else remember spending like literal hours doing this?

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
that stage was a bitch

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
very few people are posting in this thread about how awesome monkey ball 2 is

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

mabels big day posted:

it's good; my friend had it when i was younger and we were both pretty bad at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG8023T6h48

here's a speedrun of it, at agdq. a lot of menu canceling cutscenes but its cool how they hop around the stages at super speed

thanks i'll watch it when i give a gently caress about speedruns

which will probably be tomorrow afternoon actually

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
who else remembers 8 bracelets

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

g0lbez posted:

who else remembers 8 bracelets

anybody else in the entire loving imp zone play super monkey ball 2 at all loving christ

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Bobnumerotres posted:

woah...take a chill pill..

it's a really good game

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Iron Casanova posted:

I wish the games after 2 were better, the quality of the games just seemed to have dropped off.

because they were not made by amusement vision.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Discount Viscount posted:

SMB2 is great but I'm torn whether the crazy moving stages are better than the slightly less crazy stages in the original. It certainly makes sense for a sequel, though.

this stage is called uhh... BIRTH *blocks fly out from every loving weird angle and you're expected to maneuver past them all*

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Discount Viscount posted:

Like the speedruns show in a lot of them it's pretty much about finding the one block to bounce off and reach the exit immediately.

That's kinda why I'm torn. In the original there were many stages that had that as a solution, but it was like a lateral thinking puzzle after you'd already beaten the stage the straightforward way. In SMB2 it seems more like a requirement.

That or I loving suck at SMB2 since basically I played through the story mode and then didn't play much after that.

The audacity of some of the stages is goddamn hilarious, though. I love when game designers are clearly loving with the player.

if you're watching a speedrun to get into the game you're doing it wrong. the only level that requires any sort of speedrun techniques is anthropod because that level is bullshit and also one of the extra stages that's called like "bumps" or something

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
i just woke up and it turns out this is still a good game

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I also like this game enough to actually beat it legit, got to the special gamecube level and everything. I think by that point I had 99 lives though.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Valex posted:

The hardest level was the one with the Giant Swing

It was called Giant Swing

this is Giant Swing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68XzjmCrXuw

apparently you've forgotten about Dizzy System https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vUMYWz2RPg

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Gimbal lock posted:

Monkeyball 2 was the best Monkeyball and an all around great game but the first one had a couple of things going for it: It didn't have as many gimmick levels that aimed for form over function, and monkey target was cooler.

I actually really liked the gimmick levels in monkey ball 2. There's something fun about being a small monkey in a ball that gets sent flying at 999mph by gigantic zooming around abstract parts literally bigger than skyscrapers

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Heran Bago posted:

These games are pretty good on mobile platforms because you tilt the whole device to tilt the world. They're also great for very short bursts.

The new one is a bad peggle clone though.

leave this thread immediately

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
This is a game where you get eaten by a whale that's eaten entire cities and then afterwards your stages take place entirely over a washing machine

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvaZ8KhaAhY

This Stage Was Easy. The First Time I Saw It, I Beat It On My Third Try. (I CAPS All The First Letter Of All Words On Purpose LOL)

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I'm incredibly drunk and I just checked the charts and graphs and... turns out this is still a good game actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
i was thinking of playing this game earlier but i played smash instead

• Locked thread