Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It's just arc escalation, where poo poo gets a little more real. For comparison's sake, it's sort of like how the Zabuza arc in Naruto, or the Captain Kuro/Baratie/Arlong arcs in One Piece suddenly raised the stakes.

EDIT: I don't want to comment too much about the raws, mostly because I don't fully understand it either, but it's easy to surmise what's happening. I'm excited to see it translated though.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Really loving this so far and I didn't think I would. But everything about it is just so well done. Easily replaces Naruto and I hope that it becomes big as well.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Does this typically get released on some sort of schedule? It's pretty fun and adding in for more Frog girl although a lot of the background character designs are good.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Radish posted:

Does this typically get released on some sort of schedule? It's pretty fun and adding in for more Frog girl although a lot of the background character designs are good.

The series is about 10 chapters ahead of the scans, so our current schedule is "when the scanlators finish a chapter". The manga itself is weekly.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
http://bato.to/read/_/286034/boku-no-hero-academia_ch10_by_fallen-angels

Well, that's not quite what I expected, but almost how I was expecting it.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm amused by the fact that Bakugou's entire analysis is all explosive other than his pants.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Since the descriptions were getting progressively more explosive, it would've been just plain embarrassing for them to continue. The kid's got a reputation to live up to :v:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
That's so Ender Wiggin, it's great.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think another thing I like about this series is that people actually recognize that Midoriya has a superpower from the very plainly visible destruction he causes when he uses it.

If this was done by just about any other shounen artist/author we'd have some utterly insufferable gag where he had to "hide" his power for some reason or coincidences would happen repeatedly where no one would believe he had any superpowers or some dumb poo poo like that for several arcs until the "big moment" where everyone got to see it for real.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Wish he would have just said outright; my quirk will kill me if I use it too often.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Ha ha, this series rules. I like how the fights are in the style of HunterxHunter, lots of strategy and cunning as well as power.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kortel posted:

Wish he would have just said outright; my quirk will kill me if I use it too often.

I don't think that's really what you want to say when Bakugou's in the room.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I am glad that Ochako is the one who saved the day and won the test for their team. I really hope she doesn't get stuck being The Chick because she is cool as hell and I want to see her keep being cool.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I wonder of Bakugou's sweat is flammable.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

gnome7 posted:

I am glad that Ochako is the one who saved the day and won the test for their team. I really hope she doesn't get stuck being The Chick because she is cool as hell and I want to see her keep being cool.

Same she owns

Rivers
Jan 19, 2007
I love that the midget hero is staring at his partner's boobs again this chapter.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Dude keeps his eyes on the prize.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Have we seen the Akumetsu kid's power yet? If not, I could probably hazard a guess :v:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Mr. Fowl posted:

I wonder of Bakugou's sweat is flammable.
His sweat is like nitroglycerin according to the splash page which is flammable, so in theory yes.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

So if he were to talk into sauna or something he would just explode on the spot? :v:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Xoidanor posted:

So if he were to talk into sauna or something he would just explode on the spot? :v:

Probably! But he seems super resistant to his own explosions, so I expect that'd be more a problem for the sauna than for him.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012
The true question is whether or not he can participate in the eventual beach chapter without exploding. Deku even cleared a beach in advance, we know it's coming.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
For those looking for more Frog Girl: You will get plenty of her and other classmates in later chapters.

Personal_Nirvana
Dec 28, 2012
Could someone please explain to me why people dig Frog girl? Does she become a badass later on or something? Because we have seen nothing about her.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Personal_Nirvana posted:

Could someone please explain to me why people dig Frog girl? Does she become a badass later on or something? Because we have seen nothing about her.

Pretty sure it's just the character design.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Pretty sure it's just the character design.

Yep. Nerds like Toad from the X-Men, and nerds like moe schoolgirls. Moe schoolgirl Toad is basically nerd catnip.

Just be glad there isn't a moe schoolgirl Batman or Wolverine in this comic, or we'd never hear the end of it.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Well, I don't give a poo poo about Batman or Wolverine or Toad, but I like frogs. :shrug:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
It's entirely because of her character design. I can't stand Toad, he's completely awful and I don't think X-Men ever did anything interesting with his powerset. Asui, on the other hand, is super cute, and the author keeps putting cool art of her on his twitter:

So I'm expecting her to do cool things, because look at that. Look at that!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Yeah, this guy has always had really cool animal-inspired character designs. You can just tell he loves cartoons and such, looking at his portfolio of mangas -- Oumagadoki Zoo and Barrage both had great cartoon animals. He's just got a great, fresh, dynamic art style, I'm glad he's finally getting some success.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Folks who are enjoying this might want to check out PS238 by Aaron Williams. It's also about a group of kids attending hero school, and one of the main characters is exactly what someone upthread wanted to see: "a normal kid batmanning his way through hero school". It ran 51 issues as a print comic, then started publishing on the web earlier this year, and all the back issues are up on the website.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I liked Toad back when Xmen Evolution was on tv.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
http://bato.to/read/_/286284/boku-no-hero-academia_ch11_by_fallen-angels another new chapter just dropped!

EDIT: Hand man's design is INCREDIBLE. This next arc looks like it's gonna be something else.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 20, 2014

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Normally I'd be a bit bummed it's escalating this quickly, but given how this has gone so far it's probably going to own really hard.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And here comes the plot.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm unreasonably excited about Deku getting to be pals with all the students, especially Nami (who's apparently got an ant-based ability?) because she seems so amped up all the time.

Not the weird tentacle guy though because his power creeps me right the gently caress out.

kidcoelacanth fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 20, 2014

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like the mass produced Eva with the exposed brain.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hnnng the designs are all so damned good.
Everyone is just the perfect representation of their own power.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fire/Ice dude's power seems to completely upstage Bakugou's (and pretty much everyone else's, god drat), and it seems like Bakugou realizes it.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Yeah, there're just so many great character designs in this manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Rodyle posted:

I like the mass produced Eva with the exposed brain.

It looks more like Mother Ridley?! to me.