Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the climax is cool. cool manga imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Vinylshadow posted:

"This is the part where we say "WE ARE HERE."
"Hello, this is the part where we say "WE ARE HERE."
Chapter 421: WE ARE HERE
Achievement unlocked: WE ARE HERE
My Hero Academia Manga Thread: WE ARE HERE

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also the weird extended clipshow is over and Season 7 of the anime has officially begun now

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Got this from another site.

Leaks for chapter 422.

The chapter begins with Aoyama falling behind because AFO's tentacles destroyed a piece of the ground, but he tells Deku to keep running. Aizawa tries asking Shirakumo to open another portal, but realizes that he no strenght left to use his quirk.

The heroes keep attacking (including Mawata Fuwa, that second year girl), but the attacks don't work on AFO. Aizawa tells them all to clear a path for Deku to reach Shigaraki and, at the same time, AFO prepares to use the "full release of all quirk factors".

AFO says it will be different from the time he used this attack against Bakugou, because now he's no longer overcome by emotions. He's going to condense all his power and release it. He shoots a laser at Deku, but Hagakure reflects it.

Momo builds a railgun and Kaminari charges it with his electricity to fire at AFO, but he blocks it. AFO launches more black tentacles and Deku is about to punch them with One For All, but several other students destroy them and tell him to not waste his energy yet.

Shoji holds Deku with one of his arms and Tsuyu with her tongue. Tsuyu's family and the girl Shoji saved in the past are watching the broadcast and see them fighting. The two of them throw Deku forward and he finally manages to call Tsuyu "Tsuyu-chan".

Kirishima and Ashido block a big attack while their friends from middle school are watching and shouting their names. AFO doesn't understand why these heroes who can barely move won't die. He then remembers what he said about Deku in the vestiges, about him being useless.

AFO finally understands that Deku's weakness is something that All Might didn't have and that's what makes his friends get up over and over again. Gentle makes him a trampoline, Death Arms says he can do it, Tokoyami wishes him good luck from Gunga and Iida takes his hand.

AFO tries to use another attack but the hole in his hand starts to bleed and he gets confused. We see the US pilots tending to All Might's wounds and he says that seeing Deku running that day was what allowed him to do the same. It was at that moment that Deku became...

Melissa wishes Deku good luck and in the next panel we see RODY and PINO doing the same. Iida tells Deku that he now understands what Uraraka meant on their first day at U.A., about the nickname "Deku" making her think of "do your best".

We see Ochako in the helicopter with Pixie Bob as she opens her eyes and whispers "you can do it...!". The US president orders all of their heroes to be sent to Japan and we see panels of different characters saying "do your best! (Eri, Kota, Tsukauchi, , etc.)

All Might raises his arm and sees an image of Deku running towards the sky. He then continues: "On that day, you became my greatest hero". The last spread shows Inko cheering on her son while Deku land a punch on All For One. Chapter 422: Izuku Midoriya - Rising.

No break next week.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

doomrider7 posted:

AFO finally understands that Deku's weakness is something that All Might didn't have and that's what makes his friends get up over and over again.

this is actually a cool sentiment that i wish the story had leaned into way more

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

doomrider7 posted:

Got this from another site.

Leaks for chapter 422.

Momo builds a railgun and Kaminari charges it with his electricity to fire at AFO, but he blocks it.

Never change :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
That's got to be a running joke for the author at this point. :v:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

But this time she feels like she won

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

It feels like the new anime opening is foreshadowing this scene.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

https://tcb-backup.bihar-mirchi.com/chapters/7729/my-hero-academia-chapter-422

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I feel like this HAS to be the time he gets hit and stays down right??? I am already prepared to be wrong.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Good chap

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I DON'T GIVE A HOT GAY gently caress WHAT CONGRESS SAYS

SEND THE HEROES, DUDE!!!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Skycrawler...!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What is happening when ShigaFO is shocked right before it cuts to the American pilots with All Might? I don't know if there was a missing page/panel but it doesn't actually show what surprised/interrupted him. I'm inferring that he was hit by the planes in a kamikaze attack (but the pilots ejected out of the planes).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I appreciate the thought, Mr. President, but Japan is far away and this seems just about over

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Arist posted:

I appreciate the thought, Mr. President, but Japan is far away and this seems just about over

Well all of Japan's heroes are dead or gravely injured right now, so someone will need to help with the clean up in the aftermath

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rhonne posted:

Well all of Japan's heroes are dead or gravely injured right now, so someone will need to help with the clean up in the aftermath

I do get that, it makes sense, I just think it's kind of funny to put those panels in this sequence

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

If only there was some American hero who was born in Japan, could fly, and probably was already heading over the moment he heard All-Might needed help. Some kind of... Air... Donut...

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

I DON'T GIVE A HOT GAY gently caress WHAT CONGRESS SAYS

SEND THE HEROES, DUDE!!!

lmao this is exactly what I thought

man the way everyone is so beat to poo poo I'm having a hard time recognizing a great majority of the characters

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Bleck posted:

Skycrawler...!

I am preparing so many :gizz: emojis if true

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
i feel like this is maybe the third time we've had a scene of everyone cheering on deku as he goes to deliver the final ultimate forreal this time punch. this has to be the end

SKULL.GIF posted:

What is happening when ShigaFO is shocked right before it cuts to the American pilots with All Might? I don't know if there was a missing page/panel but it doesn't actually show what surprised/interrupted him. I'm inferring that he was hit by the planes in a kamikaze attack (but the pilots ejected out of the planes).

he's got blood dribbling out his hand hole, it seems totally unrelated to the scene with the pilots. unless the intended implication is that of all the massive fuckoff energy beams that've been thrown at AfO in the last hour it was the US military's stealth bombers that landed the hit that mattered (this would be stupid)

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

TheHan posted:

he's got blood dribbling out his hand hole

Time for Toga to show up to save her polycule! :unsmith:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
that was cool as gently caress

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

that was cool as gently caress

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All Might saying Deku is his greatest hero is genuinely emotional and the perfect capstone to both his arc and Deku's chapter 1 ending comment. I am satisfied and pleased.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I had been wondering where the hell Midnight had been during all this, because I don’t recall her doing anything against AfO for Shigaraki. So I looked up her whereabouts and apparently she got offscreened by some nameless villain during the Gigantomachia fight? I do not remember this at all.

Anyway good chapter all things considered. This is a good realization for AfO to get even though I wish he had stayed dead.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I had been wondering where the hell Midnight had been during all this, because I don’t recall her doing anything against AfO for Shigaraki. So I looked up her whereabouts and apparently she got offscreened by some nameless villain during the Gigantomachia fight? I do not remember this at all.

Not quite completely offscreened, though they didn't show her getting killed or the body. After everyone got their asses beat fighting Gigantomachia, some low level villains found her lying injured and finished her off, and there was a panel of the kids finding her body(from the perspective of showing the kids' grief rather than showing the body).

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Hopefully Mineta dies too so both major perverts of the series get got

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That whole thing with Midnight was weird because, at the time, between Hawks killing Twice and her dying, it really felt like the manga was signalling that the story would be much more brutal and dangerous going forward.

Then... no one else (important - RIP X-Less/Crust) died anymore. :confused: I guess Baby For One vaporized and (current chapter spoilers) Shirakumo's about to rot away into nothing. Not even Dabi died and he tried really loving hard to.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

SKULL.GIF posted:

That whole thing with Midnight was weird because, at the time, between Hawks killing Twice and her dying, it really felt like the manga was signalling that the story would be much more brutal and dangerous going forward.

Then... no one else (important - RIP X-Less/Crust) died anymore. :confused: I guess Baby For One vaporized and (current chapter spoilers) Shirakumo's about to rot away into nothing. Not even Dabi died and he tried really loving hard to.

I think Dabi is dead dead now. Other than that, Stars and Stripes is dead and Edgeshot might be?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm gonna be real with you guys, I also forgot Midnight died

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Scholtz posted:

I think Dabi is dead dead now. Other than that, Stars and Stripes is dead and Edgeshot might be?

Edgeshot survived because Bakugo managed to fix part of himself with explosions. He's been hanging with All-Might for color commentary.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

Bakugo managed to fix part of himself with explosions.

...Parts of this manga are pretty alright, I think

Parts

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Scholtz posted:

Hopefully Mineta dies too so both major perverts of the series get got

He's gonna be the #1 hero in the epilogue.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

TBF a lot of characters have been crippled to the point where they can't fight anymore like Mirko, Mr Compress and Endeavor (Jeanist also doesn't seem to have ever fully recovered iirc) or were permanently thrown in jail like the MLF. Hawks lost his quirk, Jirou lost an ear, Mina threw half her body weight in acid at Machia and who knows if Spinner can come back from his current state.

Stain also died and Toga might be dead (but probably isn't).

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

ImpAtom posted:

Bakugo managed to fix part of himself with explosions.

Characters finding some bullshit way to move after they've been paralyzed is one of my favorite anime tropes :haw:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

C'mon Horikoshi, people can forgive the flopping in the air if you manage to nail the landing.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I have no idea why Hori decided that the American fighter pilots of all people needed to miraculously survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Rhonne posted:

I have no idea why Hori decided that the American fighter pilots of all people needed to miraculously survive.

”It’s ok. I can see their parachutes.”