Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

However, wherever and whenever they want.

Can't be judged by people who can't see it.
   /

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

RatHat posted:

They gotta get Aizawa to watch them.

On that point: does Aizawa's power work on invisible people? His Quirk is literally "neutralise the Quirk of the person I'm looking at", so... Would it work on someone he can't see? Or does he just need to look in their general direction?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Mikl posted:

On that point: does Aizawa's power work on invisible people? His Quirk is literally "neutralise the Quirk of the person I'm looking at", so... Would it work on someone he can't see? Or does he just need to look in their general direction?

Yes but since being fully invisible means she's naked he'd look away in shame the instant he sees her, thus negating the effect of his quirk and making her invisible again. Eraserhead's weakness: Nudity.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Mikl posted:

Presumably it depends on the nature of their invisibility - Aizawa's quirk only works on things that need to be "activated," more or less. For example, he can't negate Sero or Iida's quirks, since they just always have cellophane arms/engine legs, but he can stop Deku from activate AFO or Momo from making stuff. So if you were naturally invisible, he probably couldn't negate it.

Of course, what you're asking sounds like a science fact, and I'd guess he'd just need to look at where they're standing; otherwise you have to start asking questions about how Hagakure can see when light can't hit her eyes

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Plot twist: her actual quirk is a perception ability because light doesn't actually hit her eyes.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

DoubleDonut posted:

Of course, what you're asking sounds like a science fact, and I'd guess he'd just need to look at where they're standing; otherwise you have to start asking questions about how Hagakure can see when light can't hit her eyes

:350:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this derail is terrible and you should feel bad for being part of it

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Well its golden week, no new chapter. What are we supposed to do to pass the time?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I thought that was last week? How many weeks long could it be?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
It's one week, but I'm not sure which week it is because raws for hero and other SJ stuff come out a week early due to ~*illegality*~

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
It was last week.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i still can't believe they end up on the internet in english a week before they're available in japan

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I keep hearing that they come out of China or Korea. Does that mean that someone in the pipeline scans stuff as they're on their way to the printers?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Didn't we already miss a week of the manga so we should get one this week?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

TheComicFiend posted:

I keep hearing that they come out of China or Korea. Does that mean that someone in the pipeline scans stuff as they're on their way to the printers?

quote:

I'll explain it in full for Mangastream(who have a Japanese RAW provider) and MangaPanda (Chinese RAW Provider). Take for example Ch. 731 as a reference. Officially it came out Monday this week in both America (albeit the 24hr time zone difference) and Japan. Now that chapter came out the Wednesday of last week through scanlations. How scanlations come out before the official release is that Shueisha (the head company of WSJ) has to print the magazine and send it to all the convenience store all around Japan before the public release date. When dealing with the entirety of Japan they have to give themselves a leeway or gap so that they can manage that, so usually 1 week before the release date most retailers have a copy but aren't allowed to sell it. Scanlators work by taking advantage of the 1 week leeway given to retailers and do their work on the chapters by translating, cleaning, redrawing, typesetting e.t.c to post online. By the time its ready the official release is at least 5 days away.

The majority of this applies to MangaPanda but they source their chapter from the Chinese/Taiwanese simulcast of the physical magazine. They plays a crucial role/difference in when chapters get scanlated on Japanese holidays. Since the Chinese (and American FYI) release get delayed during Japanese holidays like Golden Week and Obon Holiday we end up seeing leaks of the Chinese magazine up to 10 days before the release date. MangaPanda who have a Chinese RAW provider are able to then translate the chapters super early through Chinese -> English translations. MangaStream tend to avoid having to do the Chinese -> Japanese -> English release because supposedly it affects their quality by providing lovely quality translations and scans, so those don't get released until the usual 5 days before release. For example, Chapter 732 came out 2 days ago from scanlations on Tuesday. Usually chapters are expected on Wednesday 5 days earlier but when the Japanese have a holiday on the Monday when the Official release is supposed to come out they have a Saturday release (which the American release doesn't adjust for) which then means scanlations can come out up to 7 days from the official release date.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Reddit seems to think we're about to get the next chapter, and the last two chapters were posted about 12 days apart, with the last chapter coming out a little earlier than usual. The Korean scan will probably show up by this weekend.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
After the last chapter, I went back and looked at the super quick Imgur TLed pages, and I gotta say: I'm glad I've been waiting for the the mangastream or fallen angels scans.

Maybe I should just pay WSJ for the online thing and then not read it because of their terribad online reader. Any WSJ online readers present? Is their reader still the steaming pile of trash I remember it being?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the reader isn't that bad except that you can't just copy images off it and all for one has a clearly defined face in the official scans. fallen angels come out after the official scans usually so whats the point

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Typically, official manga readers play better on a tablet than they do in a browser, I've found.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Allarion posted:

Typically, official manga readers play better on a tablet than they do in a browser, I've found.

Yeah, I only read CR manga on my phone (don't have a tablet) because holy poo poo it's loving terrible on a computer.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Since I'm a cross-over fan from One Piece....something now just occurred to me... Deku is essentially Coby, if he were the main character. Am I crazy?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Not too inaccurate, though Coby's basically your standard shounen hero anyway. One Piece has so many guys that are just off being the stars or their own shows while they're not on screen.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sabat sounds a lot better when he's voicing emaciated All Might.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's a monthly All Might spin off starting next month supposedly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Mha is getting too big too fast imo

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The anime was apparently in planning when the first volume came out which explains a lot.

Also wow, two spin offs. Smash is amusing however.

So we're up to 2 spinoffs, a card game, and the ds game.

I honest to god wouldn't mind a non canon filler movie believe it or not.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There's a monthly All Might spin off starting next month supposedly.

I like All Might, but this isn't really the spinoff at the top of my 'want' list. Not that we would really *get* one of those, because what I really want is the story from the perspective of one of the less prominent Class A students, or just straight up the story of Class B, so I'll be happy with what we've got.

I am craving the SoL filler super hard, though.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
This chapter defies expectations again.

It will also make the fujos utterly melt.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

What, no link? Unless it's just the raw I guess

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Aurora posted:

What, no link? Unless it's just the raw I guess
Just Korean raws on really bad ad/malware laden sites. I got noscript and poo poo running but I'm kinda avoiding linking them in case someone doesn't- would rather not link people to something with malware-injecting ads or whatever.

With the Korean raws and stuff out though, Mangastream is likely here in the next day or two.

edit: Ah, Batoto gets the korean raws now? I'd go there then first. The other sites are probably a good way to end up making GBS threads up your computer.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 12, 2016

JD
Jan 11, 2003
http://bato.to/reader#7b8efcd2c443e590

Not that hard to find this stuff yourself guys

I'm excited for the All Might spin off

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It gets live-translated every week on /a/ from the Korean.

http://boards.4chan.org/a/thread/141415017#p141424205

Kirishima Eijiro: a Hard man for Hard times!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JD posted:

http://bato.to/reader#7b8efcd2c443e590

Not that hard to find this stuff yourself guys

I'm excited for the All Might spin off

Huh think this is the quickest we have gotten a somewhat decent trans.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

bakugou boy~

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Oh man what a great chapter :allears:

Can't wait for AfO to ruin this immediately at the beginning of next chapter

Also: I'm now betting all my money on All Might and AfO taking each other out in this battle

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I will never get tired of Deku's true Quirk: awesome analytical abilities and tactical brilliance. "Wait poo poo, it's true that All Might can't help us because he's tied down by All For One, but the reverse is also true: All For One can't help his cronies because he's tied down by All Might!"

I love, love, love, love, love it.

e. derp, /quote is not /spoiler :downs:

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Wow, this sure is a crazy chapter to finally be 'week to week' on. I wish I could get a hold of the raws, because I really like how All Might speaks in Japanese. I'm guessing the Weekly Shonen Jump stuff is English only?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
This chapter is great. I hope they actually escape with Bakugou and he doesn't just get captured again.

Also really looking forward to that All Might spinoff. I hope it's about his rise to fame.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
My Hero Academia really nails the, in my mind, most important thing in shounen, which is to make you jump out of your seat and yell "YEAH!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

So, and I apologize if I missed this... but have we figured out the thing that All Might didn't tell Deku when he first explained the origin of One for All?