Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I wouldn't call it better because they have very different goals and tone, but it's definitely my jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The implication I got was that bee girl is knuckleduster's daughter.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I don't think so. What would that make the decaying corpses she called her parents?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

PMush Perfect posted:

I don't think so. What would that make the decaying corpses she called her parents?

I think the credit card bit implies she goes from household to household killing the residents.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah they are just people she's robbing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If she’s actually leaving a trail of bee-infested bodies behind it doesn’t make much sense why pro heroes aren’t on a huge manhunt for her. It would make more sense if that house was the first and just hasn’t been discovered yet.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They could be the second and the authorities just haven't figured it's a serial killer yet. I'm sure "died from some quirk" is common enough that if they found a dead homeowner the first action wouldn't getting a ton of heroes involved.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Fabricated posted:

The implication I got was that bee girl is knuckleduster's daughter.

yea that's the way I read it too

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
You guys got a different implication than I did. I buy into Nuebot's theory that the quirk user is a queen bee, not the person, and figured Knuckleduster's wife was a former host.

edit:gently caress you, phone keyboard.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 15, 2017

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

SwissArmyDruid posted:

You guys got a different implication than I did. I buy into Nuebot's theory that the quirk user is a queen bee, not the person, and figured Knuckleduster's wife was a former host.

edit:gently caress you, phone keyboard.

i think nuebot is probably right, but the current host is also probably knuckleduster's daughter as well, seeing how the photo knuckleduster has of her was taken back when she had two regular eyes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/941866844197027840

Who that blonde girl tho

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the movie character, duh

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Isn't that Mt. Lady?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If it was, she'd be in her hero outfit, considering the rest of them.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We have gameplay of the MHA game! It doesn't look impressive, but it looks far better than the previous one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2ouHTV4peg&t=10s

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Looks like we're likely getting what I'd be perfectly happy getting.

Token movie character who is never seen again after. Hopefully we get a proper trailer soon.

Hopefully they can avoid damseling her too hard or giving Mineta too much time to be creepy. I really wish they'd use Mineta more as the put-upon straightman who is the only sane person in class who sees how hosed up and dangerous everything always is- the class could really use one.

Also S3 PV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyeNg6VjDqU

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 16, 2017

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Fabricated posted:

I really wish they'd use Mineta more as the put-upon straightman who is the only sane person in class who sees how hosed up and dangerous everything always is- the class could really use one.

Or a dude who thinks his Quirk is kind of lovely compared to explosion hands and Ice/Fire guy but he somehow got into the top class because the entrance exam was easy for him to cheese through

Or... tone down the horniness

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Toning down Mineta's horniness is the same as not using him at all, because being terrible is basically his only character trait.

...so yes, please do that.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Blonde girl is Hagakure rendered visible for once. (Probably not)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Rand Brittain posted:

Toning down Mineta's horniness is the same as not using him at all, because being terrible is basically his only character trait.

Honestly, I'd appreciate him more as the mellow Mickey Mouse-looking thing he's been in certain panels, like when we're first introduced to him.

Mountaineer posted:

It's funny, I imagined her more as a black-haired girl, but maybe that's just because most of her classmates are black.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Eej posted:

It wouldn't be the first time the Japanese got a free pass performing unethical experiments on human beings because their knowledge was deemed useful.

:vince:

I'm on a plane waiting to get off and almost shouted, "OH, sheeeeeeeeeit!"

Mountaineer posted:

That's what i thought too.
Maybe, maybe not?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

That's what i thought too.
Maybe, maybe not?

Didn't they say this movie would go into one of the character's backstory that we haven't seen yet? I think it could be a possibility.

Alternate answer, she's already on the poster and you just can't see her.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
:allears:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Rand Brittain posted:

Early on he was also a coward who was the only one who kinda reacted to 'attempted murder by villains' in a way other than 'instantly ready to fight

He could make a useful comparison to everyone else if they focused to how everyman he is.

Instead he is just a creep.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

I dunno, being a creepy horndog is pretty everyman.

#NotAllMinetas

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Mineta being inexorably horny led to him interning with Mt. Lady, and the payoff for that was actually one of my favorite gags in the whole thing, so I'm almost OK with him.

His peeping and molesting is less OK.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I wouldn't think they'd drop something like how Hagakure looks in an anime-original movie.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
A music video was put out covering season 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oMxrHXzOsY

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Waffleman_ posted:

I wouldn't think they'd drop something like how Hagakure looks in an anime-original movie.

If toga somehow got enough blood to turn into her, would she be visible or invisible?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

prepare yourself for my hero academia: battle of gods, where they truncate the entire next arc into one and a half hours

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Mangastream slow, or manga holiday?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Everything is on Christmas break I believe.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

last week was a break week

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Nuebot posted:

If toga somehow got enough blood to turn into her, would she be visible or invisible?

Well, we don't know if she can copy quirks and Hagakure's quirk is a form of light manipulation.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if she can't copy someone's quirk, what happens when she mimics someone like gang orca

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

I wouldn't be so sure, with Dragon Ball, One Piece and Boruto lately it seems the Shueisha staff have realized semi-canon movies are where the money is.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://imgur.com/a/75cdH

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hmm yes I agree. Surprised they didn't continue following that obviously correct and logical trail and declare Todoroki's mum was the traitor too.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I could definitely buy Endeavor not morphing into a total dickhole until later in life(i.e. around the time Shoto was conceived) when he had become old enough to believe he would never personally surpass All Might, which in turn would lead to him becoming truly abusive and driving his wife off the deep end and traumatizing Shoto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
While I agree there could be something to that theory, I'm also perfectly content for the series to not revisit the particulars of Shoto's childhood. I'm fine with hating Endeavor, and Endeavor doesn't really mind being hated. It all works out.