Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Huh, wasn't expecting that. Kind of disappointed that it didn't lead to something bigger, but that was a cute little chapter. Aoyama is a good boy.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I was right so I will frame this chapter in my room and love it forever as the greatest chapter of all time.

But in all seriousness, I appreciated the chapter. It would be nice to get further interactions with some of the other less active heroes in training. I am ready for more sugar guy.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I still think he’s the traitor, and the belt is some evidence in favour of it to me

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JuK1Yr35Io

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
aoyama has some crazy super kamehameha with the belt off and knows deku has one for all

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Aoyama is a good boy. Shame on anyone who argued otherwise.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Expected/10.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, if you eat cheese all the time, it's no wonder you poo poo yourself.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's this real, because it's really stupid if it is.

If anything i'd say this chapter sets Aoyama up as a traitor or just as a character who has thoughts and feelings and things going on far more so than the last.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Y'know, I forgot that they were living in dorms together so Aoyama showing up on Deku's veranda seemed way weirder.

Lol at that chapter discrediting all the work Charles put into his red string corkboard though.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
He's still acting weird but it all felt too obvious to not be some sort of headfake.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

This arc is actually going to be one chapter for every character in the class setting them up as the traitor and then faking us out

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

This arc is actually going to be one chapter for every character in the class setting them up as the traitor and then faking us out

I really hope this happens, just to see how it portrays someone like Rikido as traitor material.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

"We want more chapters focusing on the underdeveloped characters of Class A."
"Ok."
"What the gently caress!!"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Of course Tokoyami is the traitor. His connection to the void is stronger than any other student.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I should have had more faith in the Sparkly Boy.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

These three are fuckin weirdos and I love it

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i want more like this

kidcoelacanth posted:

These three are fuckin weirdos and I love it

why is hitler in UA?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

No running?

No problem

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

That was great. And of course Aoyama wasn't the traitor, Ochaco is the one that needs the money.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Can't believe Deku didn't understand such a Sparkling Confession.

It does put him asking Uraraka about Deku in new light.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Well, if you eat cheese all the time, it's no wonder you poo poo yourself.

I was about to say, did Aoyama poo poo in his pants at the end there?

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

yeah the note on the side of the page says bowel movements

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

I don't care about the whole traitor business that much, but I would be totally down with "day in limelight" breather arc where each student in class A gets a chapter dedicated to them.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Followed immediately by class B

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bowel Movements... Next issue in color! ☆

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
This seems like it was a bait and switch, but Deku's quirk isn't suited to his body because he was given it rather than was born with it. Is Aoyama's quirk not suited to his body because he was given it? If so, remember who else is capable of giving people quirks.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
Lmfaoooooo... that was perfect. I haven’t laughed like that in a long time.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

kidcoelacanth posted:

What could Ashido's mysterious challenge be!? Break dancing contest!?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I think we got seriously punked.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Slime posted:

This seems like it was a bait and switch, but Deku's quirk isn't suited to his body because he was given it rather than was born with it. Is Aoyama's quirk not suited to his body because he was given it? If so, remember who else is capable of giving people quirks.

TBH I feel like if his quirk were bestowed it wouldn’t have the downside of wicked cramps. I feel like it’s basically like how Bakugo’s quirk is a freak mutation of two exceedingly underwhelming quirks, but in reverse.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I can't believe that Aoyama ended up being such a good boy, just like everybody thought.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Last Celebration posted:

TBH I feel like if his quirk were bestowed it wouldn’t have the downside of wicked cramps. I feel like it’s basically like how Bakugo’s quirk is a freak mutation of two exceedingly underwhelming quirks, but in reverse.

So Aoyama's parents had the powers of "laser" and "IBS"?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm happy to be wrong. That was a good chapter.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I love the chapter but I still can't help but get the impression that this chapter is still setting up a future takeout again. Like it feels like they are going...somewhere with Aoyama. Like this could just be taken at face value but I have the weird impression they'll take this further. I don't know.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Hopeford posted:

I love the chapter but I still can't help but get the impression that this chapter is still setting up a future takeout again. Like it feels like they are going...somewhere with Aoyama. Like this could just be taken at face value but I have the weird impression they'll take this further. I don't know.

I don't think so because narrator Deku speaking from the end of the story is talking abut how they became good friends. I think it was an honest fake out.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I can totally see Aoyama being relevant in the next major arc now, which is good and cool and awesome, but not as the traitor. We've been teased already that Gigantomachia is the next major antagonist, and he's a very big, big man. I can see Aoyama's lasers being used to like destroy Giganto's radio that he has around his neck or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Was that big closeup of Aoyamas face bowel movement or a deeper meaning?

Nobody knows.