Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bondster
May 6, 2007

I seriously love this thread and all the nicknames we are giving to Jakiro :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondster
May 6, 2007

Man that chapter was so good but I can't wait for next week.

This series is consistently great.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Knowing the characters Deku is probably gonna emphasize getting the balls and getting the hell out because of their curret injuries. I'm gonna predict that they get Bakugou and Tokoyami but Deku gets captured letting his friends get away.

Cue the Rescue Deku Arc. Has there ever been a shonen manga where the rescue arc was of the main character?

bondster
May 6, 2007

Cool little detail on this page

Middle panel is all wavey to simulate that its from Deku's viewpoint who has tears in his eyes.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Are we getting a new chapter this week?

Edit: never mind http://readms.com/r/my_hero_academia/084/3315/1

bondster
May 6, 2007

Mr. Midoriya,

Sorry for punching you in the balls.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Aurora posted:

Really wanna know who AfO's VA is

It appears to be Akio Ohtsuka who also voices Blackbeard in One Piece so its a pretty inspired casting choice.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Terper posted:

Obviously, Deku is going to room with Sugar and

uh

animal dude.

Yea, I actually would love if Deku got paired with a minor character that we haven't spent much time with. Hopefully it doesn't got for the painfully obvious option in pairing Deku up with Bakugou.

bondster
May 6, 2007

It's a clear sign that a manga has great characters when the most mundane school poo poo can turn out entertaining :allears:

bondster
May 6, 2007

Froppy :unsmith:

bondster
May 6, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Also foreshadowing is a cool and good thing for a writer to do properly. A good twist/reveal being figured out/spoiled doesn't ruin a story, it just lets you see how the writer is setting thing sup and leaving little clues here and there.

If knowing a twist renders a whole story boring/pointless then the story was kind of leaning on a twist instead of writing a decent narrative.

I think one of the writers of Steven Universe said that a good sign that you did a good job is that you make the audience go "I got it!" rather than "You got me!"

bondster
May 6, 2007

chumbler posted:

But we haven't seen Aoyama lately.

I think that was his name.

I can't stop twinkling

bondster
May 6, 2007

I think that this probably the best point for Bakugou to bring this up. Deku spent all this time trying to catch up to Bakugou, and after the license exam its official: Bakugou must now try to catch up to Deku. Just this fact alone probably lead to this confrontation.

bondster
May 6, 2007

With what was set up this chapter I can see this as Shirageki getting those victories and rising in power without having ANOTHER battle with UA. It makes sense too, with All Might gone it is essentially lots of small villain groups rising up to power. Perfect opportunity for the Villain Alliance to establish credibility by absorbing/eliminating these groups.

bondster
May 6, 2007

I don't think we are ever gonna see a power that can be so ridiculously hard countered by Aizawa :v:

bondster
May 6, 2007

https://www.funimation.com/blog/201...tm_nooverride=1

First six episodes will be SimulDubbed on the same day as they release in Japan

bondster
May 6, 2007

http://mangastream.com/r/my_hero_academia/131/4124/1

Uravity and Froppy :swoon:

bondster
May 6, 2007

Oh man, it would be nice if Ida' brother became a recurring character in Vigilantes.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Grouchio posted:

I also hope that All for One is voiced by NORIO WAKAMOTO.

Not to be the bearer of bad news but AfO did technically speak at the end of season 1 and is credited by this guy who is known for playing Blackbeard in One Piece and WHAMMU from Jojos

bondster
May 6, 2007

Dawwww Kirishima's got his own Shigaraki Tomura now. :3:

edit:

Radish posted:

Good stuff.

I wonder if they can combine their powers to make an army of Deku lookalikes.

I can it see being much more simple than that. Just have them make a couple of Overhaul lookalikes to throw off the trail of the heroes

bondster fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 20, 2017

bondster
May 6, 2007

http://readms.net/r/vigilante/013/4619/1

New Vigilantes

I love love love that the only reason the polygraph girl's ability didn't work is because she inquired using the wrong hero name :allears:

bondster
May 6, 2007

Gonna start calling my laptop Criminal Folder. Gentle/La Brava :3:

bondster
May 6, 2007

Did TetsuTetsu always have the chemical symbol for Iron in his headgear? Because that’s just great.

Good chapter overall but I am getting tired of Izuku always pairing up with Ochaco. More team ups with more side characters! (Although we are getting more Mina which is grand)

bondster
May 6, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Monoma is gonna copy Deku and blow up all his limbs at once. It will be the greatest panel in history.

I want this so bad, but I wouldn’t put it past this series to have Monoma copy Deku and pull out an ENTIRELY new ability associated with One for All. Would be a great way to reveal that twist.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Just a heads up, spoilers for the next chapter are dropping and its trending on twitter as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondster
May 6, 2007

Main manga: I’m going to guess that Hagakure is probably a mutant type ala Spinner since they recently introduced mutant prejudice with him and giant squirrel lady