Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DrSunshine posted:

Have you ever tried Robert Kirkman's Invincible? It's got lots of that, and plus, like One Punch Man and so on, starts at a clearly-defined place without loads of history like the Marvel/DC stable.

Invincible is also really badly paced and rapidly devolves into one of the worst comics on the stands, due in no small part to the fact that Kirkman is one of the worst modern comic book writers. Please don't recommend it to people who like good comics like My Hero Academia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

trucutru posted:

Yeah, invincible starts really well, a fun super-hero book that borrows a lot of good things from other series and then, I really don't know how to describe it, it *quickly* goes in a bizarre super-violence hyper-serious poo poo path totally on purpose, as if the 90s never happened.

It doesn't even start well. It's got some interesting ideas but right from the start it's hampered by uneven pacing and Kirkman's inability to write dialog. I still like the fight between Mark and Nolan, because it really captures that platonic ideal of the the superpowers as puberty metaphor, but Jesus that book does not hold up.