Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dr_Amazing posted:

It's like the entire 2nd season.

The joke is that there are multiple tournaments in Yu Yu Hakusho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is the 4th page not loading for anyone else?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Caidin posted:

poo poo, if Deku is getting hosed up like that I think he might have to opt out of the rest of the tournament because his arms are hamburger meat. Didn't doctor granny say he gets injured too severely with such frequency that she can't just patch him up in a instant anymore?

Dude come on, the chapter isn't even translated yet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Deku isn't winning this. He's probably going to just succeed in forcing Todoroki to use his fire ability.

Given that he's apparently more than willing to injure himself in this fight, I'm wondering why Deku didn't sacrifice a leg just to more or less instantly close the distance between him and Todoroki.

Because if it fails he loses his mobility and is screwed. If he uses a leg it's gonna be a last resort.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
gently caress you guys Froppy is hilarious.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

kidcoelacanth posted:

I believe those two and Mina (acid) are the only ones who haven't been shown from class A, though Mina's is fairly obvious at this point.

We technically haven't got an info panel on invisible girl's powers either but like Mina they're pretty self explanatory.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Oh man, I just had a idea, what if Uraraka uses her powers to enhance equipment? Like make giant guns and such weightless and recoilless? Basically I just had a picture in my head of Uraraka dual wielding giant weightless miniguns with a weightless but nearly impenetrable suit of battle armor on. :allears:

Yeah she did this with a stone pillar back during the heroes vs villains test.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dr_Amazing posted:

What is her quirk again? Something with her eyes?

Telescopic vision I think? It was something that wasn't useful for fighting.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also Stain is an assassin, he normally would just run away in this kind of situation.

With how strong Stain is even without his quirk I wonder if we'll see any true quirk-less heroes(though they would have to be hiding it otherwise Deku would've known about them).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Astro Nut posted:

Because it is a weirdly specific thing that actually happened at Marvel one time, and some folks are still hung up about it.

Come on, you can't mention this and then not elaborate.

EDIT: Somebody beat you to it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Reminds me of when Spider-man got turned into an actual giant spider then died and gave birth to his human self, who now had organic webspinners(this was after the movie you see). There was also the comic that took place in the future and Peter had killed Mary Jane with his radioactive semen. It's okay though, he just retconned it all by making a deal with the devil to save Aunt May.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's all 100% literally true though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Where is this GIF from? AFAIK there's no Persona 3 anime or anything.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Avulsion posted:

It's from ULTIMATE X-MEN, which is set in the ULTIMATE UNIVERSE where everything is EXTREME and over the top, especially the bodycount. Everyone is just looking for an excuse to GENOCIDE all the mutants so ULTIMATE WOLVERINE has to cover up the mess the only way he knows, by DRINKING and KILLING.

At least Wolverine's power was a hell of a lot cooler in the ultimate comics. Until they got lazy and just made it healing again.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Who better to steal a quirk from? Someone with something obvious, or someone who didn't even know they had one?

Considering quirks can have massive drawbacks it seems like a bad idea to steal a power you know nothing about.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
^^^ One for All is Midoriya's, not All for One. Think of it as One for All is a single power spread among multiple people and All for One is multiple powers in a single person.

Well the OfA users are probably only giving it up when they're young to lower the chance they get taken out by AfO before they can pass it on. If AfO wasn't around the person with OfA could wait until they're elderly before passing it on.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Also can't comment on the Weekend at Bernies thing, never watched it.

I don't think anyone has.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What was Kendou's quirk again? Or do we not know yet?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think it'd be best for Bakugou's character arc if he gets utterly crushed here.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Todoroki is definitely gonna place high.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The only way I see them winning is if they exploit Deku's knowledge of All Might's declining health. Like maybe force him to use too much of his power and lose his buff form.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
All Might doesn't seem very bright.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So I'm doing a reread of the series and I'm really wondering how on earth Mr. Hot Coldman managed to get 2nd place in the physical test in chapter 6. His quirk doesn't seem very helpful there, and he even managed to beat Bakugou.

Also how invisible girl managed to pass the entrance exam. I guess she must use some sort of weapon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That test wasn't about being in good shape.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well, normal medical treatment. Keep in mind they have a nurse who literally just needs to kiss you to heal your wounds.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

everythingWasBees posted:

Can somebody make a version of this with pictures.

The chapter has pictures, wait until it comes out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fabricated posted:

I kinda expected her to eventually be able to do stuff like the Iron Blood Alchemist from Full Metal Alchemist.

She already made a cannon in the race. Only problem is bigger stuff takes longer to make.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gyges posted:

Once she makes them they're just regular objects, not active powers. To Star Trek it, she isn't holodecking things, she's replicating them. Aizawa's power can't change the nature of something, only stop you from changing the nature of things. Which is why he can't cancel passive quirks. A giant super strong rock man is just always a giant super strong rock man, his quirk isn't turning a normal human into a giant super strong rock man it is always being a giant super strong rock man. Aizawa's quirk simply prevents other quirks from activating, so a guy can't create ice while Aizawa is looking at him but at the same time Aizawa can't make already created ice disappear by looking at it.

For example he wouldn't be able to do anything against Tsuyu since her abilities are passive, or tail-boy. I think those are the only ones in class A that have passive quirks? Possibly earphone jacks girl and invisible girl.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don't think he has enough control yet to do specific shapes like that. Why he can't just make a little ice mountain and then climb down it is questionable though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brought To You By posted:

Korean raws dropped and provided the single best reaction panel of the last few chapters.

They also finally answer the question of what the rock looking student can do. He can communicate with animals

That's cool but seems pretty useless(for a hero) in a world with animal cruelty laws.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 23, 2015

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just the Hell arc I think.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Chapter 66

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Twiddy posted:

Was that explicitly stated or just implied from the whole fiasco with BlazeDad and his son?

I need to know the goddamn genetics that has been determined by all the lab work these quirk people are doing.

Yes it was explicitly stated.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fabricated posted:

Sugar's quirk is finally explained at least.

Apparently he gets super strength when he eats sugar.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

How was Midnight glued in place? He got some balls on her, but I didn't see any that where connecting her feet to the ground or something, and she doesn't have to hold onto the whip.

He glued her hand to the whip and the whip to the ground.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm not really sure what they were expecting them to do against Cementoss. His ability is ridiculous in an urban area.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So Best Jeanist's weakness is if a villain is naked.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How do electricity powers turn into teleporting and time travel anyway?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's like asking the difference between Spider-man and a guy with a grappling hook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The group that translates this manga said they can't get any raws so we'll have to wait for the official release.