Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Twiddy posted:

But like I said, you guys seem to be jumping to the 'murder everything' option. This is an idealistic superhero show where the lead character is currently trying to avoid using his power because it doesn't yet have a non-lethal setting. That seems to imply that the usual methods for making a character like Ochako powerful won't really fit.

Imagine taking off at a full tilt sprint, and youre just as strong as before, but suddenly you weigh 20 lbs. Youd either immediately faceplant or rocket into a wall. I can imagine a ton of ways to use her power nonleathally. In this test she doesnt even have to fight, Rocket legs is smart but dumb, I can imagine shed be able to just pick up the fake nuke and walk out of the building with it if she came up behind him, he wouldnt expect someone to just walk away with the big heavy target.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Is that an actual color spread or just colored fanart? Why would gravity girl have dark hair when its never colored in?

The Lord of Hats posted:

So... what does Grapeboy even do? It seems like in this situation they've got Tsuyu as their main powerhouse because she's in her element, one mmmmmmaybe two bursts from Deku, and whatever Grapes does.

He was doing those back and forth sprints so fast that it made his grape head bounce around on the ground.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Darth Walrus posted:

That'd be a pretty rad power for marine biology. You could take some awesome photos, and make fish stand still to be examined without them suffocating (many species have gill designs that require constant water motion for them to breathe, which can make medical work and tagging tricky).

Honestly, it would be a rad power for anything. I watched an episode of the 80s Twilight Zone where a woman got this power from a medallion she dug up in her back yard. She was using it to have a peaceful meal with her shithead family who wont stop screaming all the time, but the Twilight Zone twist is that she got all flustered and upset and the Soviets attacked and stopped time... with a nuclear missile directly above her house, so she could never restart it again.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Silento posted:

I find this is the way goons are in general. How many different threads are there about cucking? Or Goku? V:shobon:V

I think when it comes to cuckoldry, thats just a stopped clock is right twice a day sitch.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 17, 2015

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I realize shes supposed to be exhausted/dissapointed but Uraraka looks like a stumbling drunk instead

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Its cute that the most competent girls weakness is a little dweeb who cant control himself

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Midoriya's poo poo talking Endeavor means he will win this fight. I have minimal logic behind it but it will happen now and it's gonna be awesome.

Hes going to win the fight because this is a tournament arc, and the main character is only allowed to lose in the finals.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Blhue posted:

I assumed he was doing one of those unnecessary ending suffix verbal tick things and the translators just dropped it entirely.

This is impossible because the scanlators would have written an essay after the chapter if this were the case. Theyre very verbose in those author notes.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Begemot posted:

No it's from a really weird romance manga about a girl with a muscle fetish.

This doesnt look like My Love Story.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

DrSunshine posted:

Gaijin-kun says what we're all thinking!! :911:

It CAN be helped is making me laugh

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mr. Fowl posted:

Nice to see a manga where people actually like the protagonist :cheeky:

I think One Piece is the only other one Ive ever seen where the lead character is actually first in these polls

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Lines, backgrounds, inking. In togashis case sometime his wife does entire chapters whenever his back pain starts to make him wish for the sweet release of death

Someone was telling me that togashi used to spend hours drawing while laying in completely absurd positions and talking on the phone to the sailor moon author, is any of this true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Fabricated posted:

Togashi is also apparently kind of a slob. Images of him in his own studio was basically like a garbage dump. He preferred to draw laying on his stomach, which rendered his spine into playdough.

Bon Clays attack where he makes the funniest face, but its the most decrepit manga artist. Togashis Spine, Odas Lungs, ????