Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
This is a surprisingly fun manga, and I'm loving the art style. I also agree that Iida is the best as Oblivious Genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Well, you can stop rereading and start just reading cause Chapter 14 is up.

Frog Girl is the best.

Frog Girl is best. Her :effort: "sayonara" is great.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Personally, I hope he fails out of the academy, and when the villains come to recruit him, he beats the hell out of them. I want him to be a standalone vigilante proving himself on the streets. He needs to be the angry grenade Batman to Deku's Superman.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Toga copying Deku wouldn't advance anyone's goals except Toga's.

My prediction: Toga will transform into Overhaul's daughter, and Twice makes a dozen copies. Let the heroes sacrifice themselves to save a kamikaze trojan horse.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Are there any other series where the bad guys have this kind of power of friendship thing?
Season 3 of Korra had a team of state-toppling anarchists who had unconditional trust and respect for each other. They were ideologically opposed to rulers of any kind, so they were all equals who fought for the same cause.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Wahad posted:

The Red Lotus were arguably also the most interesting Korra antagonists.
I would argue there can be no argument. It was so refreshing to have villains who weren't monsters or hypocrites. They were a fantastic dark mirror of the original Airbender series cast. ( Also their powers were just so dang cool )

Look at these plucky tyrant busters!

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Viz has put out the next chapter of Vigilantes. I'm actually enjoying the smaller scope more than the core series.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapter/my-hero-academia-vigilantes-chapter-25/6662

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

The latest issue of Vigilantes dropped, and uh, holy poo poo.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I liked the handling of the abusive dad in Lucifer & The Biscuit Hammer.

After Taiyo's mother died, his dad remarried and closed himself off. His dad would give him money to buy dinner, and not let him eat at home. His father's life was only his new wife and her baby, and he had no place for a desolate teen.

When he's grown, a few years after the world escaped his wrath, his poo poo dad tries to bribe him to go away. He even throws himself a pity party. But Taiyo has grown past him.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

It'd be neat to see Pop getting more involved with the other pro heroes. At this point I'm way more invested in the Vigilantes characters than I am in the core manga -- the narrower focus lets their characters develop more than their power levels.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

This is a really succinct Spider-man speech. What a fun series.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Astro City gave a lot of focus to the little people swept up in a superhero universe. The cast skews older than most of the usual superhero fare, and they're treated with weight and compassion. For folks who feel MHA doesn't do enough with the worldbuilding, Astro City has a rich setting jammed full of human details. It deals a lot with regular folks adjusting to the consequences of living in a world full of super-people.

In one arc, a scumbag lawyer starts using superhero precedent in regular courts. "Is the jury SURE it was my client, and not a shapeshifter from the Neptune dimension who did the murders? Because that's happened like, thirty times. And are we sure the victim is REALLY dead? Because lots of heroes die and come back."

Each arc is self-contained with it's own cast, so you can start reading at any trade. Like chiasaur11 says, the Tarnished Angel arc is a great place to start reading.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

No death flags here! This will definitely end in zero tears!

Given the level of buildup, I think this might be a swerve to where All Might gets destroyed by All For One.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

He's already in weak form, though, so the AFO event was prior to the Vigilantes.
I think he's still running at 100% in Vigilantes, and he transforms into Small Might as a disguise, not because he's forced to. If he'd been critically wounded, our All-might-obsessed fanboy protagonist would have brought that up by now.