Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

:allears: I am very glad I clicked the link and found this, this is amazing and I hope it continues to be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I can't stop rereading this, it is go good.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

You can see black holes arm at the end of chapter 12

edit: Also :frogbon: :frog: :getin: :frogon:

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 29, 2014

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

pandaK posted:

And that's how it ends: not with a bang, but because it can no longer be passed down through his hair.

Saitama still has eyebrows.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

HiveCommander posted:

Poor All Might. I mean he's not the best-looking dude, but I can't help but feel sorry for him now that you've brought that up.

No accidental Miss Might for him :smith:

I believe the method of power transfer is ingestion only. So he can still get it on with the ladies... just not that one way.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

The superhero she fears the most? Eraserhead.

He can't erase a quirk thats always on, only those that can be activated, so invisible girl and frog girl are not touched by his power.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Team is likely: Midorya, Uraraka, Ida, and grape boy, the synergy would be amazing, grape glues everyone elses headbands on, ida is legs for speed and grabbing powers, uraraka uses gravity shenanigans and deku is there to be loving awesome.

Otherwise maybe kachaan and ice/fire guy with deku because yes, you don't want anyone else getting those goddamn points.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

You forgot someone.

It can only be 4 sadly.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Tollymain posted:

i expect her power has something to do with spitting acid

i came across a bit of speculation regarding the eventual ending

:vince:
That is now my desktop background.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

More importantly, Deku has barely used one for all, and certainly not in a manner that is well noticed.

So question, does he somehow win without everyone noticing he has Hercules strength leading to people going "wtf is this guys quirk?".

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I do like how they foreshadowed that deku is the 9th wielder of one for All, and how they incorporated All-might into the shadow faces.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Dude it's been two chapters. I can't think of a single tournament arc in any manga I've ever seen that's been super interesting in just two chapters. (bar One Piece and the exploits of Lucy)

I actually have thought this tourney arc has been quite interesting.

Also that mind controllers determination to use his powers for heroics :3:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

SirKibbles posted:

No one taking about how the nurse and All Might are weirded out that All Might showed up in the vision? :ohdear: Maybe not alot of time left for him.

As All Might said, that's a good thing, the point is for deku to get all the drat power

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

DeadBonesBrook posted:

This arc continues to disappoint with skipping over several of the fights like that, why even have a tournament arc with so many characters if fights are going to be resolved in one panel or in the background? Why not just make it a smaller 8 man one but give the fights the time they deserve

get hosed the short fights have been just as good.

Also there will only be 4 fights after the coming one so they will be more detailed I think.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Deku can just shatter the ice with a muscle twitch like any good strongman hero. Then hurl chunks of it back at icy/hot

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Mindblast posted:

Jesus Iida built isn't he? It always looked like it but those are some broad shoulders. Well ok the neck should've pointed it out too.

All of them except like grapeboy (and even he might be pretty built except for the whole midget thing) are built as all hell, even the girls, author knows his poo poo.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I bet Midoriya's tutor could beat up all his classmates' tutors.

edit: One thing I've found kind of strange about what was revealed in this chapter is that, given that All Might apparently had an easy time adapting to One for All, I'm wondering why he wasn't more confused and concerned about Midoriya repeatedly grievously harming himself. He apparently didn't go through the same thing, or at least to nearly the same degree, so it seems strange than he wasn't more like "whoa wait a second what in the gently caress is going on, I don't remember maiming myself multiple times while learning to use One for All."

All might directly indicated that he had much more time than midoriya to practice as well.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Ok so Gran Torino imposed the 3 minute timer as a test. and Deku is doing very well. I am pleased

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

I think Midnight sort of suffers from that though. I'm not expecting thunder thighs or bubblebutt but she's got this man sized set of shoulders, some tits tacked on, and then narrow hips. I actually thought she might have been a drag queen for the longest time because of it.

It's not something that's bad or I take huge issues with, I legit enjoy how he draws ladies. Midoriya's mom (in her current form) is probably the best way he's drawn a lady in the entire series though, hands down.

I've seen woman built like midnight, All of the woman in MHA are pretty drat reasonable.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

tsob posted:

Yea, it's funny that someone was saying that the author of that Worm thing got overtly grim because he thought there were no more heroes in the world, because that's basically what Stain apparently thinks too. And as such, while I can't see him becoming a hero, I can see him dying to save one or something. On the other hand, he is being set up as a mentor for Shigaraki, which would seem to be incompatible with that, at least in all but the longest terms, so who knows?

Agreed. This chapter is already upping the game on Nuomu, by making it Nuomus. If it was just one Noumu appearing, I'd feel some apprehension and figure poo poo was about to go down or that there'd at least be a really good fight. As is, it's basically the inverse law of ninjas or whatever it's called using monsters. One of them? He'll be badass. Three of them? They'll be chumps, because there's only really Gran Torino around to handle them, so he'll pound the three while Iida and Deku take on Stain. Even then, they're probably going to be rescued by someone else, because Iida has proven to just not be on his level and I doubt Deku has enough handle on his powers to do more than drive him off for the moment and, if Horikoshi wants to build Stain up, probably not even that.

It probably will be a good set of fights, but I doubt anything big is going to happen to either Iida or Stain, and the outcome is probably just him leaving with Shigaraki while the Noumus are taken out and Iida learning to be a little more cautious or something. Then again, I have been majorly wrong on stuff before, so maybe I will be on this too and this might be an indication major shits about to go down.

It all depends on the power load out of this batch of noumus, if each one is different then you get a different layout of powers, so this could be interesting, also I think they are trying to work out how to get past the downsides of stuffing extra powers into people.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Nah, I think he'll be fine. Getting a sword through the arm isn't nearly as bad as shattering all your bones/muscles like Midoriya has done (multiple times). I also doubt that the author will kill off one of the core characters so early. Stain will probably either run off after fighting Midoriya or another hero will show up to help beat him/chase him off (even though it would be cool if Midoriya beat him, I don't see that happening).

This chapter was okay, though the way Stain beat Iida was a little confusing. I think he just jumped up and kicked his arm and stomped his head all in one motion before landing and stabbing him with the sword, but the first frame after he jumps seems to show up him in a more "horizontal" position with his head already behind Iida's body where it would be very awkward to then kick him like he does.

He doesn't quite stomp, more rides iida down to the ground so basically. KICK, Foot onto head to put the weight right so iida goes down, stab, insult, lick and activate quirk, more insults, prepare to finish, PUNCHED IN THE FACE

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Also does nothing to 'natural ability'
It wont take away a person's strength if it wasnt a product of their quirk.

It's how Noumu wrecked him.

No, if you have a quirk thats say "the body of hercules" where you have a buff greek god bod and matching strength and its constant, his quirk won't do poo poo.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Prison Warden posted:

He'd be able to turn off Zombieman or Tatsumaki's powers, but Saitama could still punch his head off.

Zombiemans is totally passive the gently caress you talking about.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Aahhaaha Gunhead is amazing, perfect mentor to Urakara

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

It also seems likely that since one for All is a combination of the power storage quirk and the original quirk of All for ones brother that All for One can't steal it away. Mostly because he would have yanked it as soon as he found out if he could have back when he was the far stronger one. In other words it cannot be taken it can only be deliberately given.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

All For One can steal and redistribute quirks. The user stole an eternal youth quirk and is still alive. He's a massive shitheel. His brother appeared to not have a quirk, but actually his quirk was the ability to pass his quirk on to another person, with literally no other effects. All For One gives his brother a quirk that "stockpiles power" which then mutates and combines with the brother's natural quirk and creates One For All.

The ability to give their quirk to someone of their choice, which might make it unstealable by All for one... and which also might have made it undetectable by All for One? He might have seen at some point if his brother had a quirk he could take and when All for One (the power) came back with "No Quirk that can be stolen here." he just assumed his brother must be quirkless.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

tsob posted:

It annoys me that someone had what is basically a vestigial quirk in the very first generation born with them. The ability to pass on a quirk when you have no quirk beyond that to pass on is completely useless on it's own and only has worth when mixed with something else. Which coincidentally happened for reasons the author didn't clarify beyond "his brother did it for some reason or other". It feels like Horikoshi wasn't actually able to come up with a good explanation for it, at least in time if he had to come up with it in the last week or three, and just kind of bodged it - possibly to shore it up later if he thinks of something better in the meantime.

There probably is more going on there than I know on his end, but it's certainly the feeling the backstory gives off to me regardless.

Quirks are genetic and can run in families, big brother got the quirk to take other quirks and then give them away as well, little brother unfortunately did not quite win the lottery and only got the quirk to pass on itself. Makes perfect goddamn sense given what we know.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

:unsmith: One thing not remarked upon is that this means Endeavor is not the BBEG. He is likely not even associated with him since his solution to his power limitations was find the right woman with the right quirk and bang out kids until one hits the jackpot. So he is probably just a douchebag dad.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Nahxela posted:

Still wondering how Mineta got points to get into the Hero class.

I guess he had a good poop that morning.

His power is actually quite strong in the stream of things.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So if i'm right its 1 and 2 vs eraser, and 3 and 4 vs all might, so it is ordered by grades then? if so 5 and 6, etc... say isn't urakura number 13?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

Iida's 2, not Todoroki. They're not pairing these based on academics, though 3 & 4 working together is something of a coincidence. (Though also not; Deku's smart and driven, but until recently Bakugou's just always been better at everything so him being a step ahead in academics but, in keeping with his "no longer the best around" thing, not on top overall makes perfect sense.) The principal said, they have a lot of factors they're considering, and really I doubt academic grades are particularly high on their list compared to things more relevant to the combat situation.

My brain apparently failed me. So yeah, thing.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Here's a puzzler - how does Mineta wash his hair?

He can control the stickiness of the Grapehair.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Does not have to end with Stain.

IT could end with the one where Deku goes "I should have seen the warning signs." and a cliff hanger for Season 2. (So I guess end of festival.)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I hope its good once its translated, fairly hyped here.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Regarding Uraraka:

The reason she blushes and lets go during their fight is because she wonders aloud what Midoriya would do and Mr. Sparkles asks if she likes him.

Thankfully, she remembered the basics of CQC.

Training with gunhead PAID OFF

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

The principal's reliance on machines could've easily been his undoing. While Ashido's limits are yet undefined, it's possible she could've used her acid to strike at the sensitive inner workings of the crane, neutering it. Likewise, while I'm not certain of the science behind it, electricity is often used in movies, comics, and video games to overpower, overload, and break down machinery.

This, Fry the crane, and he becomes helpless, both had abilities that would have been able to do so.

Heck Alien queen does acid, just acid her way through the rubble to the door.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

People on the "steal back the quirk bit" for A4O forget that O4A cannot be forcibly taken, allmight even told deku to not worry, unless you intend to pass on the quirk someone else taking your dna does not work.

Also on deku going from "quirkless" in the eyes of the world, well quirks are weird and he seriously buffed up in the summer so he could go "I couldn't use it before because I would have literally died from it and my body naturally limited it until I was physically strong enough to survive the use." and people would probably accept that based on how badly it can gently caress him up as is.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

iirc All Might hinted that an OfA user has fought AfO, in some capacity, before.

OfA and AfO have fought multiple times only last time did OfA have enough power to beat the poo poo out of AfO.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Desire to see Frogdad tell a suitor to :frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

They're a charming bunch, though they've had slightly less fights, screentime, and big wins than equivalently prominent male characters thus far. Hopefully, Horikoshi will turn that around a little - Uraraka in particular has had cool moments, but relatively little to do for a lead character.

But Uraraka is best at CQC.