Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

https://tcb.abhayaby.com/chapters/7692/my-hero-academia-chapter-417

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Reminder that the MHA anime comes back in May

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a43376851/my-hero-academia-season-7-release-date-trailer/

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

most of Buu felt like Toriyama noodling around and doing whatever (moreso than usual), which is different from the usual shounen doldrums where the author is dying from overwork and slapping together cliches to bridge the gap to a proper ending page

so few weekly mangas’ unique qualities survive this update schedule

I mean, in Dragon Ball’s case Toriyama had wanted to end the series at various different places (first at Freiza, then at Cell, and possibly other points before Z that I’m not aware of) but his editor kept pushing him into continuing it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Endorph posted:

i think the last like 5th of rear end class got a little bland but the ending itself was good

in general a lot of the big weekly jump titles seem to run out of steam a fair bit before they actually end. like its hard to think of that many that hit the last stretch and then just ramp it all the way to the end, most feel a bit dragged out. like the finale war arc that lasts forever is a common stereotype.

Case in point: Bleach (which peaked very early in my opinion)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

DN and YYH are two I'd agree on having good endings as in just the actual ending, to the point I really genuinely disliked DN's anime changing the ending to give Light slightly more dignity.

I forget, how do the DN manga and anime differ in terms of the ending again?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, the anime started back up again today if anyone’s interested

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also apparently the first 4 episodes of Season 7 are all going to be recaps

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

No clue why they’re doing it but yeah, they’re calling it “My Hero Academia Memories”

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, I’m kind of curious where even would be a good stopping point for this season (maybe after the Ochako/Toga fight or immediately after Bakugo reenters the fray)

For that matter, where in the timeline are they even putting the upcoming movie?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Eggplant Squire posted:

That one was very good. My favorite was the combination of the school concert and Gentle fight.

I personally liked how the anime handled that by turning it into a full musical number (in English for some reason)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oh my god Edgy Mineta is hilarious

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

https://tcb-backup.bihar-mirchi.com/chapters/7718/my-hero-academia-chapter-421

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also the weird extended clipshow is over and Season 7 of the anime has officially begun now