Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Fabricated posted:

If Eri's quirk doesn't activate and start some sort of incident, she is almost certainly going to rewind someone who died back to life.

I can't believe they brought fan favourite Night Eye back like that! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

It was also always fake as all hell and Shigaraki was clearly his final vengeance against All Might. He probably legitimately did not expect to ver be free, but he was never interested in Shigiraki's success anything more than an extension of All for One's whole thing. In contrast to All Might actually mentoring and encouraging Izuku to grow into his own sort of hero.

All for One sold it incredibly well, but I at least was always sure he was on some level full of poo poo, Shigaraki as a successor is the only chance he has and fits his petty rear end in a top hat nature, not some legitimate desire for mentorship.

Helping someone grow and develop their talents in order to spite your hated enemy is still, nonetheless, helping them develop their talents.

So yeah AfO was always using Shigaraki, and only ever cared about him as an instrument of revenge. But Shigaraki already knows that and doesn’t care, because it’s still better than society has treated him. That’s what made their dynamic interesting - AfO was a “good” mentor, whilst having obviously awful motives.

That gets ruined with the dumb body jacking attempts though.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Is Mirko dead? It's honestly kinda hard to tell at points during this big debacle what's happening to who

She just lost her legs about 8 times.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

An entire nation's society has literally been broken down, I don't think you get to come back after that.

3 hour YouTube apology video.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

Do what Digimon did and give everyone armored forms, duh

Can’t wait to see how Armored Punished Deku is different from Punished Armored Deku

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Kyte posted:

For one it's only possible because AM has a shitton of connections and resources.
For another, he's going through a whole cast's worth of toys for one fight. It's not sustainable.

Okay, but it’s not like Deku would be up against a super saiyan final boss from day 1 either.

He wouldn’t need so many tricks or so many resources to fight idk Gentle.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
The UA students interned for pro heroes and I don’t think they even got paid. Heroes are definitely cheaper than super suits.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Azubah posted:

All Might is just showing the kids what to do, now they have a template to take AfO down.

Except Momo.

Momo had to eat 5000 cheese burgers for fuel to help create materials for the super suit.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

'Course, given the state of his body currently, methinks he's not going to be doing any heroing at the end

Maybe he becomes a teacher that serves as a warning not to recklessly use your quirk

Forever following in the footsteps of All Might.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Honestly Deku should have just tried the “Aren’t you excited for Elden Ring 2?” gambit.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
At least AFO went out as he came in - as an arrogant baby.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
He was born an arrogant baby and he died an arrogant baby. It’s the perfect character arc.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Hmmm.

Liked this chapter, though it was very very short.

I do think it’s given itself a hard job because “A true hero saves everyone, except that one guy but he was an evil baby so he doesn’t really count” is a difficult moral to pull off*... but I think his chapter did a good job positioning shiggy as a self-loathing edgelord lying to himself and laying the groundwork for how much AFO has been manipulating him.

But I really don’t give a poo poo about AFO as a character anymore. Not for a long time. Vanquished villain raising a successor just to spite his heroic nemesis was an interesting plot beat, evil villain trying to bodyjack his protege and become the ultimate lifeform just feels cartoonish and pointless. I suppose it was kind of unavoidable that AFO would show up in this mind realm because AFO is such a big part of shiggy’s backstory but last page makes it looks like we’re going to get a bunch of AFO quirk ghost bullshit which is most unwelcome. AFO said that All Might should’ve died to spur his disciple onwards - if only he took his own advice to heart like 50 chapters ago.

*especially when the guy you’re tying to save:
A) Has killed like a thousand people and is currently trying to blow up a country
B) Is basically invincible, so trying to redeem him is the only chance of winning rather than being a moral choice

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

PringleCreamEgg posted:

There are early text spoilers out on reddit and I have to post about them.

Shiggy’s dad didn’t even want more kids but AfO told him to have another kid explicitly so he could give them a quirk, which was originally identical to Overhaul’s quirk but they modified out the reconstruction aspect so it would just disintegrate. This knowledge caused a complete ego collapse of Shigaraki who then disintegrates into nothing, Deku is kicked out of the mind world missing his arms for some reason. AfO is in control of Shiggy but Cero suddenly ties up ShiggyfO with his tape and then Sugar Rush and Ojiro arrive as backup. I saw some pictures of armless Deku so this might actually be real lmao

I would’ve bet an unlimited amount of money that these spoilers were fake. Suppose it’s just as well that I’m not a betting man.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Rhonne posted:

At this point All For One deserves to win, he clearly wants it more.

Basically this.

All the previous OfA holders got devoured by Shiggy because his ego was so powerful and his rage was so pure... then 2 chapters later AfO shows up again and casually mindjacks Shiggy. You can say that this was a deliberate weakness that AFO engineered and that it needed Deku to destabilise Shiggy to trigger it, but still the whole sequence makes the heroes look like chumps.

I doubt MHA will go for a downer ending, so I very much expect that Shiggy will reassert himself as the dominant personality (maybe Toga and Spinner will convince him he’s got a wonderful life of quirk Supermax ahead of him) but still this looks like a colossal fuckup from team hero.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
My terrible opinions aren’t my fault, AfO gave me a Bad Posting Quirk

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

He did that like 2-3 times already. :v:

Picture a business-zombie refusing to die. Forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Mirko Ship-of-Theseusing herself so hard that she lost 6 legs in one fight was pretty wild.