Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mr. Fowl posted:

"normal kid batmans his way through Hero School"

Boy do I have a cancelled series that you should read!

Also this manga's great. I'm not really up on Western artists, can anyone tell me where All Might's true form might be coming from? It reminds me of something but I'm not sure what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah so Iida is the best character.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I like the mass produced Eva with the exposed brain.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

In a twist, they're going to attack the school and just get immediately destroyed.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Ahaha, Kacchan getting torn up by the girls. :allears:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I hope that the mad scientist looks properly stereotypical. I want a cape and lab coat combo at minimum.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Let this drop for awhile because the early festival was boring so I wanted chapters to stack up. It's sort of disappointing but unsurprising that they couldn't let Baku lose, but at least Ura's parents are cool :unsmith: Also hoping that since he HAS advanced, he figures out how to beat Todoroki's full power.

Fabricated posted:

There was a fan theory that thankfully seems to have been put to bed by Todoroki's flashback that Midoriya is one of Endeavor's "failed creations".

Why are you talking about fan theories? that's creepy.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean if you want to get down to it this would probably reduce whole countries to anarchy. At some point strategic weapons probably remain an equalizer but the threat of force underpinning most social structures would be massively destabilized by this.

Or, ya know, comic book, who cares

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It could be, but probably shouldn't. After all, a weak man knows the value of strength.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I wonder if this universe is slightly slapstick and not every action is to be taken 100% seriously

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I wrote my Master's on child psychology in anime and

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I would like Explosion Man to beat Todoroki's full power because I want Endeavor's eyes to shoot out of his head.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Happosai is indeed worse, and is basically treated as Reoccurring Antagonist #1

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Heyyy! A cameo from Oumagadoki Zoo! Uwabami always had a neat design, and I'm glad that she's getting reused for MHA. She really fits nicely into the superhero universe!

I forgot all about OZ. Turns out I have always liked this artist I guess!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I tend to let this series stack up and read it in chunks, so I just read through from right before Stain.

Stain and the tests are good, much better than the sports festival, happy we're actually getting an All For One, Mineta needs to chill out, and the weird votes in the popularity poll were great.

MHA is... good.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mineta is dedicated.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Not since Speed of Sound Sonic have smiles been so childlike.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 26, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Honestly All Night's demise is being pushed so hard I almost feel like there's going to be a turn and he'll make it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

God that baby is so cute

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I really want it not to be that tbh. Vigilantes can stand as its own thing without such a connection.

Patware posted:

do we know how long before MHA starts vigilantes is set?

It has to be a fair number of years prior I think, because by the time MHA starts Aizawa has already been an infamous teacher for years.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh wait I just remembered

Kild posted:

Around 5-7 years
it has to be less than 5 years because AM has already fought AFO

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah I'm not on board with an endeavor redemption arc

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's interesting to hear what his other kids think of endeavor

It's irritating to see that we're heading for the wife forgiving him.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Truly the greatest father hero since Gerard Depardieu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Endeavor was
The coolest guy