Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

If shapeshifting is Toga's power, then what was Camie's power? Can Toga impersonate quirks as well as appearance?

So many questions!

I feel like if that's possible, then it's almost certainly the kind of thing that would require frequent, extremely unhealthy amounts of blood. So if we see Camie anemic as hell or a drained husk, that's a point to this idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Yuuga probably features in most of my favourite jokes I've seen so far outside of "I have handcrushing demon inside me". I loved the headshots of all 40 obstacle race winners and he's dying of stomach cramps in his while trying to look dashing.

e: Also the volumes did a reasonable job explaining it but could anyone give a longer explanation of Deku's name. I get that it means "can't do anything" or something similar and is an alterante reading of Midoriya(?). I'm not too clear on what Uraraka says about it though. Thanks in advance!

The 'Izu' in Izuku can be read as 'De'. Deku being something like wooden doll or block (I forget), but understood as blockhead, worthless, what have you. So when Bakugou the youngest was learning to read, he saw that 'Izuku' could be 'Deku' and well, history from there.

As for Uraraka, I can only assume one of three things: one, that she saw it as a kind of ironic nickname or it's something to do with the Kansai accent and I'm not getting it. The third, of course, being that she's bright, cheerful, and chatty enough to assume that the straightforward insult want.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

There is a little thing called context here. The other two characters are clearly inspired by Bleach and Naruto so the only inspiration that makes sense for the the lead guy is One Piece.

Just remember that the picture with the strawhat, robes, and such is an edit. They're much differently dressed in the actual panel.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Jose posted:

Does OfA transfer any quirks the person has? I thought it was just that every new person got stronger anyway.

I'm pretty sure that All Might's predecessor, Shimura Nana, had a quirk. So unless whatever her quirk was passed on or somehow hybridized in a way that neither All Might nor Gran Torino noticed the addition, nothing but the two parts of OfA pass on.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Shugojin posted:

I think All Might's quirk was the thing that made him turn into the magnificent specimen of the Silver Age that he was, and this was separate from OfA.

I feel like All Might straight out said to Izuku that he was quirkless just like Izuku. It may be where he said Nana wasn't.

EDIT: Well, beaten to the punch like a late arrival at prom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Kild posted:

Technically Shigaraki has already been revealed if anyone remembered Nana's name

Only if you can then bridge the gap between Shimura Tenko and Shigaraki Tomura. Which I'm not sure I could do even if you gave me the benefit of having the actual kanji in front of me.