Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
What is the Jump mandate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

The Author can either accept the cancellation and work on something else

Yea, they can just get fired from their jobs if they don't like it.

For real tho, it's really weird that you care so much about sales and business poo poo, it really should only matter if a manga is something you want to read or not. And fans have a right to be miffed a manga they like changes into something they don't, no matter what the reason. And if you want Jump to have a lot of interesting and good manga, a balanced approach that isn't only concerned with short term sales would mean we'd end up with more good manga.

Like, I'm not big into Jump but what I'm saying here is true no matter if you're talking about manga or any other pop culture thing. I feel really weird when gamers talk about poo poo like "IP" and movie fans pour over movie box office reports.