Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Deku's reckless plan to "save" Shigaraki has resulted in Shiggy's soul seemingly being destroyed, All For One coming back from the dead, Deku losing his quirk ghosts, his extra quirks, and his hands, and he needed his teacher to show up with a horn ripped out of a little girl's head to bail him out.

I'm not sure any of this is really showing reckless self-sacrifice in a good light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Like, genuine question, are you going to be really shocked in like 3 chapters when it turns out Deku was right all along and Shigaraki breaks free by symbolically overcoming the bad guy inside his head? I know it's a weekly manga but I don't think it is a huge spoiler to say "Shigaraki's soul will be rescued from within AFO so that he can symbolically overcome the man who ruined his life." That is going to happen. It might happen in a dumb way like he gets reborn as a fresh toddler or something because that happens, but I don't think anyone reading this thread is really of the belief that Deku Failed Forever And Thus Will Never Succeed.

Oh yeah. I know Shigaraki is going to come back somehow, but I don't think however they do it will be in any way satisfying.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

syntaxfunction posted:

Yeah I kind of figured as much, because of course it loving would. Of course Deku would punch someone and bring back their force ghost because of course.

He is really not looking like the greatest hero, just a guy that was there for random poo poo to happen around. Class 1-A doing their best is absolutely gonna have the wind sucked out because of deux ex machina poo poo, it sucks.

This is why the narration came back after his solo adventure and changed it to "this is how we all became the greatest heroes!" He knows he ain't living up to his own hype and now he's saying it was more of a group effort.