Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Andrast posted:

lol at people thinking capitalism exists because of resource scarcity

Capitalism enforces resouce scarcity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hihohe posted:

Look at this guy

Quirks did it

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

He seems to be unwilling to go too over the top in terms of fights; in a world where people can blow up buildings with their brains like 80% of the fights are settled by punching/kicking someone in the head or dropping something on them and knocking them out.

The fights that break out of the vague/half-hearted realism stuff tend to be good- yeah I get it, if someone with some multiple of human strength or fists made of metal or whatever punches you in the head in real life you'll get knocked out (and suffer brain damage) but maybe just turn the craziness knob up a bit.

This is a world where the Top Hero was Punch Hardest Man. The person who replaced him is Punch Hardest By Default But With Fire Man. To be fair to that though Fire powers (and many others) are usually given to villains for a reason, because the logical result of their use on people is death.
But I agree He's not being especially creative, for example Todoroki could be using a tool that uses steam to launch ice balls instead of the stick out hand -> wide Ice/Fire AoE.

I will have to say Horikoshi had a chance to set a hard ceiling on how much devastation quirks can do and smooth out the power creep curve, but he passed that line pretty fast.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 26, 2019

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Theyd have found him much sooner but Dabis rants from inside his car that he posts on Herotube have single digit views.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

character whos only claim to screentime is looking like Kinnikuman

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The only one that matters.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Eggplant Squire posted:

AFO was cool as this dark father figure that warped a kid and made him a super villain half out of wanting an heir to his legacy and half just to screw with his hated enemy on a personal level. The league of villains was fine with the motley crew of criminals and societal outcasts and didn't need him coming back to hands on be an unstoppable threat.

Yeah, It was much more interesting when AfO was seen as this relic of an older world, more or less accepting his defeat until he realizes he has a final chance to deliver a final gently caress you.

If he was actually a sort of twisted selfless mentor to shiggy in the same way All might was to deku hed be much more interesting than discount Madara.

Hell he could taunt all might about being a better mentor

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 22, 2022

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Flesnolk posted:

Everything about this is terrible. The two seconds we thought Bakugo would stay dead were the best this comic has been in years

Editprial or hoshi saw that mirko pic and got very angry

Mymla posted:

Nobody thought that. Hoped, maybe, but it was never going to happen.

I hoped so much i started believing

I had blind faith

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

oh jay posted:

The Fallout series also takes place in the future, but the back half of the 20th century looks completely different. What is the divergence point is what I'm asking.

I think quirks seem to have appeared during our present.
Its just the massive upheaval of world order set the world back a bit.

Its also in this weird kind of western capes comics divide where the heros get all the advanced tech and wild looking buildings while the normal world is still at present day tech and architecture.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Problem is for a series thats close to school hijinks mortal and grievous bodily threat were introduced very quickly. Oh haha heres some funny schhol stuff now heres a guy who can murder you if he shakes your hand.

When the stakes are "raised" its with the grace of a teenager driving a semi truck

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

I still to this day don't totally understand Ichigo's actual true power or what he's supposed to be. It's borderline incomprehensible

He sword good
He could maybe sword the best

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Delphisage posted:

And yet somehow we still have this thing because people are just so sworn to the "main hero hooks up with main girl" truism that they refuse to read the writing on the wall that Kishimoto has no plans to kill Sasuke or salvage Sakura's character.

Lmao what the gently caress

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Disappointment and disillusionment cut deeper than if it just sucked from the beginning.
(See: Bleach, Nart)

For a more recent example: The same thing happened in late demon slayer to an extent, where the obviously rushed final arc blunted most everything good about the series.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 6, 2022

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It worked as a capstone to Guys arc and showed off something weve been told about since near the beginning of the story. It was a really good payoff for people invested in his character.

However what sucked was what happened right after because of ninja jesus bullshit and Madara also being a bullshit villain Kishimoto was unreasonably attached to.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gotta goose those volume sales while you can

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mereoleona still kicks rear end and hasnt been diminished except in the standard shonen way of side characters losing importance when the spotlight leaves them.

That aside BC is most definitely not innocent of cheesecaking its female characters. At least it isnt mealy mouthed about it like MHA and never tries the "words and deeds' defense.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Sep 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lol were really doing this now of all times