Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Considering her quirk, I feel Uraraka really should've requested heavy-duty armour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Mr. Fowl posted:

Having let Hero Academia sink in for a day, two things came out at me:

All Might's name makes a lot more sense when you consider his power. I'd initially chalked it up to your run-of-the-mill odd use of English. But it's really a good representation of his power--the combined might of who knows how many people--and of course the word almighty. All For One Might, you might say. Dunno, thought it was neat.

Also, I realized that Deku's costume isn't just meant to refer to All Might--with that smile and his build, he looks a lot more like All Might's true form than anything else. Except maybe a demented rabbit or a flea. Silly that I didn't think of it sooner.

It really looks like the costume designers used Donny Darko as their inspiration to make Deku's costume not be a blatant rip-off of All Might's.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

This is a manga where people get superpowers from a tiny bone in their toe. The physics in this world work however the author drat-well pleases.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Since the descriptions were getting progressively more explosive, it would've been just plain embarrassing for them to continue. The kid's got a reputation to live up to :v:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

I think he means the whole 'Naruto endlessly tries to make friends with Sasuke to the point of refusing to believe Sasuke isn't a Good Person, even after Sasuke tries to kill him and Sakura multiple times, tries to kill a bunch of Kages, tries to ruin peace meetings, and etc. etc. bits.

If Bakugou becomes evil and Deku goes HE'S MY FRIEND I HAVE TO SAVE HIM FROM BEING EVIL despite us only ever seeing Bakugou act like a huge dick to him, then this will be 'naruto 2.0'
Don't forget that he was literally on the leaf village's most wanted list and had several people sent out to kill him.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I'm pretty sure that Bakugou wont go evil.
He'll still be a surly hot head who doesn't get along with Deku (understatement) but he wont go full villain.
Or he'll go villain when someone promises him the means to become more powerful. This is a shounen series we're talking about. I'd like to see it get handled other ways though, but the author seems like he knows better, so they'll probably handle it a lot better even if it does go down that path.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Ethiser posted:

I love whoever is translating this. Unless that what it was in the original and in that case the author of this is amazing.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

RatHat posted:

It's not supposed to be fair, the school is for the elite.
Eraserhead's ability isn't much use against quirkless robots, and he's a teacher there. It's possible.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

"Perchance, has something been altered?"
Such the elegant gentleman, for a villain :allears:
As much as I like vice prez, Tsuyu is pretty drat amazing.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

Do we know what the vice-presidents quirk is yet? Looks like she can form stuff out of her body, or store stuff in it.
You could say that her power is...
Unlimited Blade Works :v:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

That was great. Deku was great. Tsuyu was great. Even Grapeboy continued to be amusing this episode :allears:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I'm really getting the impression that the 'Sensei' is the detective that was chatting to All Might at the end.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Errrr, why exactly? :confused:
I can't quite explain it, he just seems a little off. He got introduced as a guy that knows All Might's identity right after we see hands-man talking to this 'sensei' character (who's in-the-know about AM).
It just feels like foreshadowing, but I'm probably wrong. Shounens love throwing out good characters that were actually evil all along, so who knows :shrug:

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Maybe he gets whatever quirk he has from all those hands, in the same way Midoriya got All Might's power by consuming one of his hairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Deku had better be drat careful with Uraraka in a few years' time, that's all I'm saying.
Poor All Might. I mean he's not the best-looking dude, but I can't help but feel sorry for him now that you've brought that up.

No accidental Miss Might for him :smith: