Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't believe I'm nostalgic for Six's stupidly drawn out final battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think Joe Pesci said it best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0YHZXz5hEE

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I recall someone also mentioning there was a detail back in Overhaul's arc that had visual ties to AFO's orphanage.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I saw a theory on another website that sounds like a plausible way to redeem Shigaraki without all of the messy "Now he has to go to prison forever" stuff: his body dies, but he gets to live as a Vestige inside of Deku.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Fabricated posted:

The actual question here is that why didn't he have kid overhaul fix him after All Might punched his head off? I mean, I guess it could've turned out the same- Overhaul can only work with the materials that it has so if you're too hosed up it probably can't get you to 100%. Or maybe that's how Garaki fixed him. Or Overhaul was adopted before AFO/Garaki needed it.

Couldn't Overhaul theoretically just whack some other person with a desirable body and use their pieces to recreate AFO as ideally as possible?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

I liked AFO better when his aesthetic was "Lex Luthor wearing Darth Vader's mask"

He was significantly more appealing when he was in prison and just gleefully talking trash to All Might the whole time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Dolash posted:

If AFO had died or stayed in prison, I think I'd be okay with a more metaphorical idea of AFO's spirit controlling Shigaraki, or even a quirk vestige ghost of him inside of Shigaraki influencing him in a sort of Palpetine-to-Darth-Vader way. There's something to the idea of contrasting his and All Might's ideas of successors and teaching, where All Might is willing to let go and allow Deku to become his own person whereas AFO needs his successor to be a continuation of his own legacy. That theme just feels completely fumbled by having AFO himself appear personally and physically to take over as the main villain rather than it being more implied.

It's more ruined by AFO refusing to stay dead. If AFO made some last-ditch Hail Mary to steal Shiggy's body, I wouldn't mind that. But this is AFO returning for the, what, fifth time?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bleck posted:

Anime fans are dumb.

The website with speed scans and a comment section is always good for a laugh.

Anyone who criticizes MHA? They're just a dumb hater who is looking for an excuse to bash peak manga. And these comments are always followed by the person who makes them bashing another manga like JJK. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

bobjr posted:

People generally liked All Might’s power suit and Bakugo killing that baby. Though the last chapter kind of hurt the impact of the latter.

Bakugo fighting a baby on live television really is the most Bakugo thing imaginable.

Rhonne posted:

I really liked the Overhaul arc, but I think it's also the point where the manga started having its cast bloat issues as more characters outside the school were introduced while the rest of the call outside of the Deku, Bakugo, Todoroki trio started to fade into the background. Like, Uraraka and Tsuyu were also in that arc, but their big fight of the arc happened entirely off screen.

Nejire also was the only member of the Big Three who didn't get to show off why she had that title. I think her Quirk also is overall treated as less impressive than either of the other two.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

It's time for The Grapes of Wrath.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

The next chapter begins with like half of these people getting instantly murked.

So THAT'S why Momo showed up. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You know, I really hate that Recovery Girl tells Deku outright that she's not going to heal him anymore if he's going to continue being reckless with his arms, and instead of learning a lesson, Deku winds up meeting Eri purely so he can keep getting healed despite his recklessness.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I can't wait for Shigaraki to reveal that he still has two transformations left.

I also can't wait for that to actually happen and feel despair that my dumb joke came true. :shepicide:

I was looking back at my old posts to find that shitpost image someone made of Miruko over Bakugo's dead body, and now I'm mad that this actually happened.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Scholtz posted:

Hopefully Mineta dies too so both major perverts of the series get got

Mineta will outlive this series and get his own spin-off.