Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Oh, awesome, there is a topic for this.

This comic really has some potential. I know it's been said before, but it's got some serious chances to be a big contender.

I'm sort of mixed on the main character's costume, the big smile throws it off me. Everyone else's costume is great.

I love the fact he used a mix of his normal strength and time spent observing heroes to fight Katsuki. There is just something endearing about beating a villain with your guts and wits and not your powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I'm surprised how interested everyone is in frog girl. Didn't even notice her till you all brought it up.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Gyges posted:

If you use mutant gene therapy to change your DNA, are you still not a mutant?

Depends. Some american comics have weighed in on this issue with a firm no, but others have done the opposite. It really comes down to how strictly the term is defined in-universe.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Lessail posted:

I hope calling the move delaware smash when using only a finger was intentional

I wonder, considering his idolization of All Might, if he is just picking state names at random to name his powers. I wish he got more elaborate with it, though. "Washington Crossing the Delware!" "Idaho Mash!" "Nevada Roulette!"

Covok
May 27, 2013

trucutru posted:

It's delaware because it sounds cool (and it's funny to have all attacks named after US states/cities) you giant spergs.

Otherwise I fear the Florida smash.

Considering it's Florida, it should include a hint towards dying a natural death.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Fabricated posted:

I wonder if All Might's smash repertoire includes more cities than Detroit.

"New York Knockout!" "San Francisco Takedown!" "Hell Finisher!" "Chicago Shockwave!"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Frogs apparently spit up their stomach when they vomit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Next-Jin Engine posted:

Is there a series where the police force are also the power-holders. Like, it'd pretty much be the Justice League, but per city they'd all wear the same uniform? I'm sure the concept already exists somewhere; I haven't found it yet.

I think Savage Dragon might fit that bill with its super powered division and the main character being a cop. Never read it though.