Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Jesus christ Kacchan. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Despite his sheer jackassery I kind of like him. He's become an rear end in a top hat because his environment and ability affirmed the typical kid egocentrism to unhealthy levels.

Plus it'll make it all the greater when he gets the snot beaten out of him.
Multiple times, probably, he looks like the stubborn sort.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

kidcoelacanth posted:

Bakugou is no lie one of the scariest antagonists I think I've ever seen in a shonen. Dude is just made of raw anger which is somehow more frightening than being evil.

You could say he's a bomb ready to explode.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
But is it bad serious or good serious. Right now it's more or less serious, but not the bad kind of serious where everybody's frowning and pretending to be dark and broody.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Dude keeps his eyes on the prize.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Bakugou doesn't strike me as the type that'd accept someone's offer to make him more powerful. His pride is very reliant on doing things himself, and IMO that was made plain in Ch. 11. To accept help would be to accept defeat.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I'm glad all powers are kooky, it gives it a more unique feel.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Dr_Amazing posted:

Read the whole thing in one sitting and it's pretty good. I'm a little disappointed he ended up with a power. I was hoping to see him school everyone with just his notebook.

The problem is that despite what Batman has tricked people into thinking this is simply not a practical thing. All Might put it pretty clearly, heroics is a dangerous job and if you don't have something you're gonna end up SOL very quick.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

tlarn posted:

Speaking of, anyone else feel like Trigger would do great if this did indeed become one of the Big Three and got an animated series?

BHA is a spastic westernized manga, Trigger likes spastic animes and westernized animes, it'd work out pretty well.

Assuming they had the budget, that is.

E: I mean spastic in a good way and I should probably find a better adjective but right now nothing's coming up.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 23, 2014

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Fabricated posted:

Creepy hand guy's entrance was pretty cool. Also you would think more heroes would be on call for something like this?

For a training exercise led by 3 high-ranking heroes? No, not at all.

Plus the other teachers have other grades to take care of.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Man some guys here need some remedial statistics. Correlation != Causation.
The toe thing is an indication of quirk, not the source of it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Radish posted:

Ok, gotcha. It looked really similar to the Tsuyu ones that someone posted earlier that were supposed to be from there so I assumed. I agree it is neat either way.

Both this and the Tsuyu set of sketches are done by a (really good) fanartist. The mangaka's pixiv is a different one.

e:f;b

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Momo can produce anything outta organic materials by pulling'em out of her body. Since this affords quite a bit of leeway if you know your material science (and apparently she does), she can produce pretty much anything.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 26, 2014

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Meme Emulator posted:

Is that an actual color spread or just colored fanart? Why would gravity girl have dark hair when its never colored in?

Her hair is actually brown, but for some reason manga rarely colors brown hair.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Grapes hasn't realized it yet but his power is pretty much those sticky balls that Syndrome used to capture Mr. Incredible. Those things are pretty awesome.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
His mind works at a different level of perversion. Who knows.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Conductor is already a pretty good hero name.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Momo's isn't really a weakness, her shirt only got destroyed 'cause she projected the tarp right off her back, and even then she just needs a couple secs to make a new one (she said as much, even).
And she didn't seem to particularly mind her state, so there's that too.

If anything her real weakness is that it it takes her more time to make bigger (and denser, probably) stuff.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
The tape dude has been shown pulling out actual tape from himself in a couple panels.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Actually if you look to the previous chapters, Aizawa's hair has this habit of magically sweeping back when he's using his power, then returns to normal when he's back to lazy sensei mode. It's pretty much his tell.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Goddamn that last page looks amazing.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Mindblast posted:

I'm still not sure what the full scope of Hand Guy's powers are. At first glance it appears to be the ability to crush whatever he gets his hands on but what's the meaning of the other hands in that case.

Necrotouch

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I don't even notice.

But All Might is both a pretty informal guy and hammy as gently caress. "For I'm Here" is very grandiose, but at the same time keeps the informality of somebody who's only saying it because it sounds cool, so it kinda fits.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Am I the only one who assumed it was some sort of spandex?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Hero Academia is doing amazingly well, it's not gonna get cancelled anytime soon.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

FH_Meta posted:

http://bato.to/read/_/291261/boku-no-hero-academia_ch20_by_fallen-angels/1

So, is it me, or does every 'issue' feel just on the side of too short? Despite being, you know, all the same size? Because I want more. Three chapters more.

Linked one got pulled for some reason. Use http://bato.to/read/_/291262/boku-no-hero-academia_ch20_by_fallen-angels/1

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Dunno All Might seems like a good judge of character so far. I think the detective is genuine.
Although that super generic look of his might be part of his quirk, the kind that lets him blend into the background.

cyrus_zane posted:

Now I'm seriously curious. Just what is hand-face's power? It can't simply be kung-fu death grip. Maybe he's actually insanely strong, maybe those hands are there just to hold him back, maybe when he goes to his final form the hands go away.

It's basically death touch.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 21, 2014

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Jazu posted:

I think he looks generic because he's a detective, instead of a comic book character. He's just this guy, you know?

Yeah but almost everybody has a quirk and a stealth quirk would do wonders for detective work. Plus, that reasoning doesn't quite work out when his fellow cops are a catman and an ogre.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Fabricated posted:

I kinda wonder if the police resent the hero poo poo.

Kinda weird that the whole hero thing didn't get folded into the police but whatever I guess.

I think they would if it weren't for the staff of the top hero academy, including the greatest hero in the world, showing respect for them and their job. That kinda sets the tone for the whole thing.

I imagine hero work begun as independent civilians who thought they could use their quirks for good and later on got formalized into the current system. That kinda people wouldn't easily fold into the police system.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 22, 2014

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
That's Icy Hot, yeah. He appears to be aiming for the "Symbol of Peace" title as well.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Hahaha that's amazing. :allears:

Should've moved the text to cover that area instead.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Gotta get that DNA absorbed. Digestion does that. Sex does not.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Wait what's this about Icy Hot's mother. She has literally never showed up.

Are you confusing her with dom teacher?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
He's been established as good at thinking on his feet. I'm sure he'll figure something out without needing to use his power.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Dunno about you, I am genuinely having fun seeing the name jokes.

I'll just keep using Icy Hot because it's easier to remember.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Ahahahaha loving Deku :allears:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Oh poo poo I just realized the weird flares around steelboy's eyes are steel eyelashes.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
By the way, Horikoshi's twitter had a sketch of the detective dude with some extra info. His codename is Trueman and he can "see the truth of any matter".

So pretty much perfect for detective work.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Recovery Girl was probably in the Support section. It's what the name implies, after all.

Remind me: It was Heroes, General Studies, Support and what else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Given he could freeze Noumu to immobility I don't think he's that bad off.